Home

Owner Mode - Jets/Giants Relocation Impossible?

This is a discussion on Owner Mode - Jets/Giants Relocation Impossible? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-22-2013, 02:55 AM   #9
MVP

OVR: 29
Re: Owner Mode - Jets/Giants Relocation Impossible?

I would think the Jets/Giants are essentially handled as if they have their own stadium so if you depleted one I don't think it would affect the other, but that's definitely a good question.

It's true the lack of division realignment makes this feature a challenge for sure. And I know they claim to have gotten this list of cities from the NFL, but I would think (and I'm almost positive I read it somewhere) that if the NFL was going to add teams in Europe it would add an entire division not just one or two teams for the very reason you outlined - travel
Old 06-22-2013, 03:54 AM   #10
MVP

OVR: 1

Aren't there a ton of Dolphins fans in London for some reason? Back when they had the first game over there I thought I remembered there being a lot of dolphins fans.
Old 06-22-2013, 06:45 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by moylan
I would think the Jets/Giants are essentially handled as if they have their own stadium so if you depleted one I don't think it would affect the other, but that's definitely a good question.

It's true the lack of division realignment makes this feature a challenge for sure. And I know they claim to have gotten this list of cities from the NFL, but I would think (and I'm almost positive I read it somewhere) that if the NFL was going to add teams in Europe it would add an entire division not just one or two teams for the very reason you outlined - travel
I think the NFL will be dead before they get a team overseas. This concussion business is very real. Former players are coming hard and fast.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2013, 08:51 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by richmondn96
Great, now every one and their mother is going to move the Jaguars in Madden because they think we can't support them. Even in EA's videos they showed them moving.

A little off topic, sorry just felt like griping.
It pisses me off to no end,The Jaguars are not moving,Pretty much every Jaguar fan knows this but media has been reporting the bs so we have deal with it.... until this Shad Khan and the city of Jacksonville have agreed to put the World largest scoreboard in the stadium Shad Khan is putting like 20 million dollars of his own money.So put the fork in the moving talk..Pass title to Bills or Raiders the Jaguars ain't moving.

On topic It should not be that hard to move Jets or Giants with them sharing a Staduim,Of course that should be the move is some where in New York like Brooklyn and hopeful the game is smart enough to make that type of thing a factor
Old 06-22-2013, 09:31 AM   #13
MVP

MrSerendipity's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luck911
It pisses me off to no end,The Jaguars are not moving,Pretty much every Jaguar fan knows this but media has been reporting the bs so we have deal with it.... until this Shad Khan and the city of Jacksonville have agreed to put the World largest scoreboard in the stadium Shad Khan is putting like 20 million dollars of his own money.So put the fork in the moving talk..Pass title to Bills or Raiders the Jaguars ain't moving.

On topic It should not be that hard to move Jets or Giants with them sharing a Staduim,Of course that should be the move is some where in New York like Brooklyn and hopeful the game is smart enough to make that type of thing a factor
A.) Why do you care what we do in a video game?
B.) We're all very aware that Everbank is getting 65mill in upgrades.
C.) It's almost unfortunate, considering the Jaguars have had more games blacked out due to lack of Fan Support than any other team.

C was probably just rubbing it in. Regardless, if folks want to use them as a relocation team in their Madden game, why does it matter? If they did it, they'd likely be replacing the owner who claims he won't move the team. So it would be a different situation.
Old 06-22-2013, 09:52 AM   #14
Eagles Fan

BleedGreen710's Arena

OVR: 6

I love on Madden 2004 how each possible city of relocation (theres 50+ to pick from) each have a desire rating (0-100) which tells you how much they want a team. If you pick a location with a low rating your proposal may get rejected. A lot more realistic then on M25 where it sounds like you are able to pick and choose wherever you want to go with no chance of failure.
Old 06-22-2013, 10:02 AM   #15
I am Batmoose

MooseBoyJ's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerwoods
some teams souild be impossible to move like

NE' NYJ PITT CLE HOU DAL NYG WASH PILLY CHI GB NO SF
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8mileroad
Agree, but my list would be something like:
NYJ, NYG, NE, SF, DAL, PHI, CHI, GB, NO, STL, MIN, ATL, PIT, MIA
How did WASH and STL make the list but not IND? The bandwagoners are coming back into town. They took a vacation but slowly coming back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cusefan74
Why? What so special about those teams?
These teams are either perinneal contenders like NE or GB or have budding stars/ league superstars like MIN or WASH. Being, and God help me, "America's Team" doesn't hurt either.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2013, 10:16 AM   #16
Pro

richmondn96's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSerendipity
A.) Why do you care what we do in a video game?
B.) We're all very aware that Everbank is getting 65mill in upgrades.
C.) It's almost unfortunate, considering the Jaguars have had more games blacked out due to lack of Fan Support than any other team.
Sigh. The Jaguars have not had a blackout since 2009 and if you are worried about attendance we were 17th in the league in 2012 with 96.8% attendance. (http://espn.go.com/nfl/attendance/_/...2/sort/homePct) Keep in mind that this was during a 2-14 season. And our final game of the season against the Patriots, again keep in mind that we were 2-12 at this point, we had over 70,000. Meanwhile Tampa Bay and Miami were 31st and 32nd in attendance, respectively.

If you're worried about tarps, those are due to the fact that EverBank Field would be the 7th largest stadium in the NFL if they were all removed, which they are for college games. With the tarps ON, we still have a higher capacity than Pittsburgh and Chicago, for example.

It matters to us because it is obvious people don't know these facts, instead they think that no one comes to our games. Why else would the national media pundits constantly link Jacksonville with first LA and now London when there are other teams with far more issues than us?

Just so you know.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »