Home

Madden NFL 25 vs. Madden NFL 06: It is Different This Time

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 25 vs. Madden NFL 06: It is Different This Time within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-02-2013, 02:41 PM   #25
Banned

OVR: 6
Alot of these sports games nowadays feel like they practically play themselves. If I'm (supposedly) in control of my player that's highlighted, why does it feel like I'm not ?

The focus went to much towards 'looking' like the real thing, in effect taking the control away from the player.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-02-2013, 03:39 PM   #26
MVP

CarryTheWeight's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: Madden NFL 25 vs. Madden NFL 06: It is Different This Time

I think it's a bit presumptuous to think next-gen Madden 25 is instantly going to be a superb game from the get-go. Hardly any gameplay has been released apart from an in-game trailer and the Adrian Peterson footage from IGN. We have every right to question what we hear before we see proof of it in motion.

Yes, it's reassuring that the game's fully featured and equivalent in specs to its PS3/360 iterations, even going so far as to bring new things to the table...but at this stage, I'm unsure of how much of an improvement it'll actually be and skeptical of how these new ideas will be implemented in year one.

At this time I think it's best to wait until August, September or October before coming to conclusions on how much of an improvement next-gen Madden 25 will be.
Old 07-02-2013, 04:38 PM   #27
Just started!

OVR: 0
yeah Madden 25 is going to be in saine and great. Can't wait!
Old 07-02-2013, 09:34 PM   #28
Earlwolfx on XBL

Cusefan's Arena

OVR: 35

The Madden 25 launch is guaranteed to be better than the Madden 06 launch.

How can I guarantee such a thing? Easy, there is literally no way it could be worse.
Old 07-03-2013, 10:13 AM   #29
Pro

thbends's Arena

OVR: 9
MOST SHOCKING..... I have not seen that trailer since it first came out. At the end of this console I have to say it was pretty damn close to what the game ended up being like.
Old 07-03-2013, 02:48 PM   #30
Legal Advisor

jwilphl's Arena

OVR: 12

I agree with the sentiment that the launch should not be as disastrous, but in no way am I going to crown EA. Madden has been a poor game for years, in my opinion, so I'm going to wait quite a while before trying to purchase Madden for the next-gen. I haven't since '10 and EA needs to regain my confidence in this product.
Old 07-04-2013, 07:48 PM   #31

m1ke_nyc's Arena

OVR: 7
EA cannot drop the ball with Madden 25 next gen. Its now or never. I believe we will get the game we deserve come this fall.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-04-2013, 09:08 PM   #32
Banned

ghettogeeksta's Arena

OVR: 12

The good news is that since Madden 25 next-gen will be fully featured this game can only get better throughout next-gen. No more taking out features and adding them back in recycling the same old crap and reintroducing them like it's a new feature, no more playing catch up, now Tiburon has to actually push themselves to be creative and add things in the game we have always wanted along with new features and gameplay.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »