Home

Potential NCAA Draft class issue.

This is a discussion on Potential NCAA Draft class issue. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-10-2013, 10:45 PM   #9
Rookie

imskykid's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Potential NCAA Draft class issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteboSSK
Its amazing after 10 years guys are still not getting that "graduating" is for the seniors. I mean forgive me if this is your first year playing NCAA but if you are an NCAA vet this is a known thing
I know that's how it used to be, but as you can see from the picture I posted that things have changed.
Old 07-11-2013, 12:41 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by imskykid
Now I'm not sure if that is just for NCAA purposes and if Madden will have everyone who is eligible, but I just figured the best thing to do was plan for them not being there. I'm sure a bunch of people are getting a bunch of draft classes together with players they recruit and such... it would be a bummer if your player didn't show up in Madden like anticipated.
Thank you for trying to get the word out about this. I think it might just be for NCAA presentation purposes only? I doubt both teams work side by side to break down the importing, hence the jacked up equipment and random body sizes and ratings that have plagued past versions of Madden. It would be way too much work for EA to factor in and blacklist all players who don't meet ideal sizes. We all know they prefer to do as little work as possible.. I'd assume it would be like every other iteration of Madden where they take as many high rated players possible until their cut off for OVRs (around 88 or so). Can you imagine the backlash from draft nuts if they made it so every player would be unrealistic prototypical clones? EA loves their staple 5'5" 260 lb generated rookies too much for this to happen ...
Old 07-11-2013, 08:07 AM   #11
MVP

DCEBB2001's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by imskykid
No, it has seniors who are going to the pro draft, juniors who are declaring, and seniors who are simply graduating. Check out the picture.
The senior who is just "graduating" is because he is a Red-Shirt Senior. In essence, his five years of eligibility are up (4 years of playing eligibility and one year of being a red-shirt). The other seniors listed as "Pro Draft" are leaving because their playing eligibility is up even thought they TECHNICALLY could still stay at your school for a red-shirted 5th season.

I highly doubt that they are just disappearing. If you were to have red-shirted those other seniors, they would have also appeared as "graduating" instead of "Pro Draft". As for the other red-shirt senior who is going "Pro Draft", maybe the guy who is just "graduating" doesn't want to go pro? There are some guys in this year's real-life NFL Draft who decided to become grad assistants instead of going pro too (Darold Hughes - Glenville State, Travis Kincheloe - SE Oklahoma State).
NFL Scout
www.nfldraftscout.com/members

Petition to EA for FBG Ratings:
https://www.change.org/p/ea-sports-t...bers-index-php

Last edited by DCEBB2001; 07-11-2013 at 08:11 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2013, 11:36 AM   #12
Rookie

imskykid's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEBB2001
The senior who is just "graduating" is because he is a Red-Shirt Senior. In essence, his five years of eligibility are up (4 years of playing eligibility and one year of being a red-shirt). The other seniors listed as "Pro Draft" are leaving because their playing eligibility is up even thought they TECHNICALLY could still stay at your school for a red-shirted 5th season.

I highly doubt that they are just disappearing. If you were to have red-shirted those other seniors, they would have also appeared as "graduating" instead of "Pro Draft". As for the other red-shirt senior who is going "Pro Draft", maybe the guy who is just "graduating" doesn't want to go pro? There are some guys in this year's real-life NFL Draft who decided to become grad assistants instead of going pro too (Darold Hughes - Glenville State, Travis Kincheloe - SE Oklahoma State).
This would make sense, except if you look at the picture I posted, there is a red shirt senior at the bottom of the list who is going to the draft instead of just graduating.

It is definitely a height/weight determination. When you go through all the positions and look at who is graduating when other players around them are going to the draft, you get a clear picture that it is because they are small for their position. No running backs, wide receivers, or cornerbacks who are 5'9" and below go in the draft. They graduate. Small linebackers, short QBs, underweight linemen... there is a clear pattern, not just random happenstance.

Example: There was a 95 OVR senior linebacker who was 5'11" 225 lbs who entered the draft, and another not far below him who stood 6'3" 221 lbs who went to "graduation". I had autosave off and the last time I saved was before I went into the offseason right after the bowl games. So I went back and I edited LB1's weight to 220 lbs and LB2's weight to 228 lbs. This time, LB1 went to "graduation" and LB2 went to the draft.

Now, I'm not saying this will have any bearing on how they import into Madden. As another poster suggested, this may just be a NCAA presentation thing. That's why I labelled it a "potential" issue. It may be nothing to be concerned about, but something to keep our eyes on.
Old 07-11-2013, 11:58 AM   #13
Rookie

imskykid's Arena

To help further illustrate that it is either height or weight that is determining whether players enter the draft or not, here are some screen grabs from after the 2014 season.

Also, I was mistaken that there can be no 5'9" corners... but it is true for HB and WR. Also, even if they are of ideal height, light WR and CBs wont go to the draft.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0649.jpg (587.8 KB, 293 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0648.jpg (584.0 KB, 291 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0647.jpg (577.7 KB, 293 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0646.jpg (599.8 KB, 291 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0645.jpg (600.4 KB, 291 views)
Old 07-11-2013, 12:01 PM   #14
Rookie

imskykid's Arena

More evidence:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0644.jpg (594.8 KB, 286 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0643.jpg (582.7 KB, 282 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0641.jpg (591.8 KB, 285 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0642.jpg (594.9 KB, 286 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0640.jpg (541.2 KB, 284 views)
Old 07-11-2013, 12:07 PM   #15
Rookie

imskykid's Arena

And you'll notice in the images of the running backs, DeAnthony Thomas is going to the draft... that's after I changed his height to 5'10" and weight to 180 lbs. At 5'9" 177, he did not go to the draft.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2013, 02:04 PM   #16
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

OVR: 28

Hopefully this is only an NCAA presentation detail and not a reflection on the export list.

If not, then here we go again....

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »