Home

Will you Trust EA after all these Years?

This is a discussion on Will you Trust EA after all these Years? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-23-2013, 02:31 AM   #57
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Will you Trust EA after all these Years?

No!! They promote their sales both EA and Sony with a Madden bundle last year for the Vita then dont even produce a game the following year. Skipping madden 25 period
Old 07-23-2013, 05:45 AM   #58
Rookie

eddie10's Arena

OVR: 0

You people make me laugh ... This is a site dedicated to madden football and yet it seems like none of you are gonna buy the game ??? Are you all that poor ? 59$ for a pretty good game with good sliders and the only NFL video game is too much for you ?? Damn get a job or save 5$ a month.... Geez you sound like Call of duty haters that have played 20 days and more ....If you wanna play some fairplay games of nhl or madden add me on 360 XxPJEddie10xX
Old 07-23-2013, 06:00 AM   #59
MVP

Robcards's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie10
You people make me laugh ... This is a site dedicated to madden football and yet it seems like none of you are gonna buy the game ??? Are you all that poor ? 59$ for a pretty good game with good sliders and the only NFL video game is too much for you ?? Damn get a job or save 5$ a month.... Geez you sound like Call of duty haters that have played 20 days and more ....If you wanna play some fairplay games of nhl or madden add me on 360 XxPJEddie10xX
There aren't enough facepalms to adequately respond to this post. You do realize that people that buy the game every year regardless of what they do are the reason why this game hardly progresses at all? And why it makes more sense to EA to drop 200 million on an exclusive license instead of putting that money into the video game? The people on this forum want a GOOD NFL video game, not just ANY NFL video game. Yes $60 is not that much money, but considering how many people buy it, its a joke that the game has as many flaws as it does after so many years.

I could go on about this forever so I'll just cut it short now. Attitudes like "its just 60 bucks" and "its the only NFL video game" are why we're forced to play an inferior video game while other sports games like FIFA and NHL kick Madden's teeth in every year in terms of gameplay.
Old 07-23-2013, 06:13 AM   #60
Rookie

eddie10's Arena

I've had tons of good games with good sliders and fairplay and not doing money plays... Every sports game is gonna have its flaws... At some point you have to accept it... Grow up and have fun with it... It IS a good game like all the reviews have said ...8/10 was the general average review for the last game and pretty much all the other ones... They have a dev cycle of 1 year and you expect it to be perfect like a 5 year polished game ??? You have to be realistic in your approach guys thats all ...
Old 07-23-2013, 06:17 AM   #61
Rookie

eddie10's Arena

"I could go on about this forever so I'll just cut it short now. Attitudes like "its just 60 bucks" and "its the only NFL video game" are why we're forced to play an inferior video game while other sports games like FIFA and NHL kick Madden's teeth in every year in terms of gameplay." GO TAKE A LOOK AT THESE GAMES FORUMS ... Same thing as here ... Never happy and EA bashing... If they would make it Sim like I would love to they would lose a ton of interest by casual gamers ...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2013, 06:45 AM   #62
Titans Era has begun.

HealyMonster's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
"I could go on about this forever so I'll just cut it short now. Attitudes like "its just 60 bucks" and "its the only NFL video game" are why we're forced to play an inferior video game while other sports games like FIFA and NHL kick Madden's teeth in every year in terms of gameplay." GO TAKE A LOOK AT THESE GAMES FORUMS ... Same thing as here ... Never happy and EA bashing... If they would make it Sim like I would love to they would lose a ton of interest by casual gamers ...

In my opinion, its not just "being sim". Madden doesnt do anything "great".Every game could use better gameplay, I mean even the best out there IE The show, etc, etc there are always improvements that need to be made year to year and thats how it should be. If someone made the perfect game, they would never make another. While the greatest sports games DO need some improvements, they at the very least do some things that are great.

Same cant really be said for madden. They dont do anything great. They do nothing overly ambitious, and anything they happen to do, which in their mind they consider "ambitious", ends up being an excuse for it not being great. Madden, in principal should be a game that other sports games model themselves after. They have an exclusive license in the top sport in America, yet we've been playing this game with these developers for like 6 years where they are like "trust us, we got this."

that "halftime show" in NCAA is about the most ridiculous thing ive ever seen, I mean its 2013, we should be well ahead of where we are. When was the last time we played a football game where we said "wow, thats cool....how'd they do that?" So many games come out that we are treated to something, yet every year we choke on buzz words with this game.
Old 07-23-2013, 08:06 AM   #63
Rookie

eddie10's Arena

Then if you don't play Madden or don't plan on buying it .... WHAT ARE YOU DOING IN A SITE DEDICATED TO THIS GAME AND PEOPLE WHO PLAYS IT.... It blows my mind that all you do is bash the game and yet you're here participating in this game's community... If you don't like the game that's it get on with your life and let people who like the game be constructive about it
Old 07-23-2013, 08:49 AM   #64
MVP

Quote:
Then if you don't play Madden or don't plan on buying it .... WHAT ARE YOU DOING IN A SITE DEDICATED TO THIS GAME AND PEOPLE WHO PLAYS IT.... It blows my mind that all you do is bash the game and yet you're here participating in this game's community... If you don't like the game that's it get on with your life and let people who like the game be constructive about it
I get what you're saying, but you gotta understand that most of us here have been playing madden before half of this forum was even conceived or born! Every yr we try to have that wait and see approach if our favorite pastime is gonna be that one to get. Its like watching a player come up from high school to college and screw up in between making an impact to make it to the NFL or screws up when he gets there.

This game has had no consistency for well over 7yrs besides the way it looks most of the time and a few features. I love football, and its hard to just quit cold turkey like that when the rest of the junkies are salivating over it every other yr. You just giotta have that taste whether you rent or buy.

This game needs the serious attention from people who actually have a passion for the sports itself, I feel most of the crew who develops this game are just burned out and really dont care as long as they're getting paid.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »