Home

FANTASTY DRAFT is going to be watered down again in M25!

This is a discussion on FANTASTY DRAFT is going to be watered down again in M25! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-30-2013, 07:04 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
FANTASTY DRAFT is going to be watered down again in M25!

In M13, fantasy draft wasn't initially available and the version they came out with later was watered down ( in M13 you could only pick a player that was rated in the top 20 for each position (including all the 35+ year old players...) - so if you wanted to draft a younger player that wasn't rated as high (which is a common tactic in multi year fantasy draft leagues) you were out of luck if that players overall wasn't in the top 20 available for that position...

Every year - High end rookies are often coveted in fantasy draft - BUT IT WAS ANYONES GUESS when these players became available - it was literally a crap shoot - if you lucked out and the player showed up on your pick - U GOT HIM! (and the guys who wanted to pick him earlier but couldn't because he wasn't in the top 20 get screwed!!!)

Don't get me wrong - I appreciate EA sports listening to us - We had multiple threads with hundreds of posts and thousands of views on this forum and within a weak we had the number 1 idea (The Return of Fantasy Draft) on EA GAME CHANGER site and it would still be the number 1 idea there if it wasnt taken down... They heard what their customers were saying - and at least brought back fantasy draft last year - although it was watered down...

but M25 is around the corner - AND WE SHOULD GET THAT FULL VERSION OF FD THAT WE ENJOYED SO MUCH IN Madden 10 to 12... BUT THIS WILL NOT BE THE CASE!!!

Despite all their promises last year (see EA forums thread link below with EA Game Changers promises...) - M25 will have the same watered down version of FD as they put in for M13!!! CLICK HERE to see our M13 FD protest thread and GC promises that FD will be fine for M25

So the way things currently stand:

A) - we are stuck playing `standard roster` leagues - (where someone gets the advantage of being the 49ers or Packers - and someone else gets the disadvantage of being the Bills or Chiefs...)

or

B) - play the watered down version of fantasy draft - which is borderline unplayable because of the reasons described above...

or

C) - Manually have a draft... You communicate via groupme, website chat and text - plus on a Google Doc have a list of players that were drafted (and who are available...) sorted by position and `base`overall... (this gives a BASIC tool for players to draft their team and know who is available...)

but big-time drawbacks:
* Huge investment of time - 30 round draft is gonna take a week - Literally hundreds of hours invested (when you total all 32 players time - and the prep time required by commish that is HUGE!)

* You can have NO SALARY CAP in this method - because you will need to manually move players from team to team - making cap penalties insane...

WHAT CAN WE DO?

We need to make an effort to appeal to EA sports - in hopes that possibly EA will fix FD for M25 on the PS4 and Xbox 1!!!! (after-all if your not part of the solution - your part of the problem...)

1) VOTE AT GAME CHANGERS IDEA for the idea: Make FANTASY DRAFT complete (& not watered down) in M25!!!

CLICK HERE to the Game Changer website and in the search "copy & paste" Make FANTASY DRAFT complete (& not watered down) in M25!!! into its search field!!! (look for the 1 authored by GREENERRRR)

2) tweet Josh Looman @Josh_Looman and tell him how we feel about FD being watered down for a 2nd year in a row...

pls note: only send a tweet to @Josh_Looman once a week on this topic - (we want his help - we dont want him mad at us for spamming his twitter account...)

3) Reply to our protest thread on EA forums by CLICKING HERE!

4) REPLY or LIKE to FACEBOOK message posted about FD by CIcoach Greene by CLICKING HERE!

Last year we proved that if we all came together and protestede EA decisions - they would make changes... EA had no plans to have any form of FD in M13 - after our protest actions they changed that decision and came up with the watered down version... We accepted that in M13 - because it was "rushed" into the game - but no reason why we cant have a full version of FD for M25 (and this is especially so for M25 on the next gen consoles...)

TY for your help in this protest - As individuals EA sports ignores us - but TOGETHER we make them take notice and force them to correct there mistakes....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2013, 01:06 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: FANTASTY DRAFT is going to be watered down again in M25!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GREENERRRR
in M13 you could only pick a player that was rated in the top 20 for each position
I dont recall seeing this issue
Old 07-31-2013, 02:44 PM   #3
Rookie

yeah being limited to a certain players at a time is ridiculous. it kinda ruined fantasy drafts for me. how do you know it's like that again in m25? is there a video or something? i really hope it's not like that again.
Old 07-31-2013, 11:27 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gzenius
yeah being limited to a certain players at a time is ridiculous. it kinda ruined fantasy drafts for me. how do you know it's like that again in m25? is there a video or something? i really hope it's not like that again.

Josh Looman confirmed this in a twitter question 2 days ago...

and FD really is close to unplayable in its current form... I think EA just got tired of us complaining in M13 and put in a half @ss version to shut us up - but that bogus version of FD wont cut it for M25...
Old 08-01-2013, 08:50 PM   #5
MVP

infemous's Arena

OVR: 6

That is some BS.

I remember wanting to specifically have Quinton Coples on my DL and being really pissed when I couldn't find him anywhere on the list... while he gets drafted exactly one spot before me... and this is vs the CPU. I can't imagine having that sort of frustration in an online league.

Best of luck with this bro, I support you.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2013, 09:41 PM   #6
MVP

IlluminatusUIUC's Arena

OVR: 6

He's correct, that happened to me in a fantasy draft. Because of my "scheme" it didn't think Patrick Peterson was ranked highly enough so I didn't see him. I assumed he was taken and drafted someone else, only to see him come off the board 10 picks later.
Old 08-02-2013, 07:57 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlluminatusUIUC
He's correct, that happened to me in a fantasy draft. Because of my "scheme" it didn't think Patrick Peterson was ranked highly enough so I didn't see him. I assumed he was taken and drafted someone else, only to see him come off the board 10 picks later.
This is a perfect example of the INSANITY of the watered-down Fantasy Draft system that EA pawned off on us last year (and are trying to do the same in M25...)

Many would argue that PP is the #1 CB to be drafted in a FD - and many would argue that your first round pick in a FD should be a CB - its crazy to have him not even available to draft - then someone in the 2nd or 3rd round - HITS THE LOTTERY when PP randomly becomes available to draft - its crazy!!! Makes fantasy draft borderline unplayable...
Old 08-03-2013, 10:10 AM   #8
Banned

OVR: 1

My point to you is , just be lucky they even added it dude. They didnt even have to do it in M13 , they did it , to please people like yourself. so dont be excited about it ,that is one feature i dont even use and im not the only one.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »