Home

So Torn on Madden 25

This is a discussion on So Torn on Madden 25 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-01-2013, 12:12 PM   #25
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: So Torn on Madden 25

Yeah, not sure when I'll pick up Madden if I even do pick it up.

Our son is taking the current 360 to college, so, that leaves the remaining ones in limbo for awhile.

NCAA is good with the right sliders. If you are an online player, NCAA is a mess, especially on defense as ghettoseeker referred to.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2013, 12:26 PM   #26
Pro

Nomah5's Arena

OVR: 7

My plan is buying the nfl Sunday ticket deal on amazon fir $100. That is only reason why I'm buying it. My condo is situated where I can't get direct tv so I'm sol. I figure for $100 I'm in fr the whole season on my iPad or computer and if the game itself sucks ill trade it in for what $30-35 within first couple weeks and have paid $60+ for whole season of Sunday ticket.
Old 08-01-2013, 12:30 PM   #27
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbd345
Madden 25 this gen just looks horrible. Colors seem to be washed out and the commentary seems the same. Definetly waiting on next gen. If im not blown away with the ps4 I may just skip this year all together.
I strongly suggest that if your picking up the new console to be patient and see what Madden 25 has to offer on the new consoles. It is new to EA so I don't think Madden 25 would be anything special on the new consoles right now. In the future yes it can be.

Just wait a little and see. history has clearly shown a game on a new consoles release is not always good.
Old 08-01-2013, 01:46 PM   #28
Rookie

cwash020's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbybigdrum
Once I found out it is going to feature the same lame watered down fantasy draft, that decided it for me. I love NCAA 14, definitely sticking with that this year. I am praying for licensing to not be renewed and some other developers throw their hats in the ring.

The Madden team has been resting on their laurels for a long time. I think they are sandbagging in order to make the next gen launch seem better than it really is. Lazy, unmotivated (due to lack of competition), and almost criminal for charging $60 for this rubbish, that is the Madden development team. Way to go losers!
I just decided to pick up NCAA 14 for now. Got it for half price, so you can't beat that being out for less than a month.

I will take the "wait and see approach to Madden", but it does blow my mind that this gen's Madden still can't implement certain presentation elements to the game. It's either a) they don't have the resources to add a 2K5-like halftime/end of the game show, or b) they don't listen to the fans.
Old 08-01-2013, 01:52 PM   #29
Pro

Ampking101's Arena

OVR: 8
I always buy Madden day 1, however last year I decided I was not going to buy it....but then the football fan in me got the best of me so I decided to wait it out until the price dropped $15 or so.

Now with Madden 14 it's a day 1 buy for me. Once I learned to stay away from online machups unless it's with people I know and to not expect a perfect game I've come to find enjoyment in Madden.

Now yes there are still some issues that are obvious with Madden 14. That said I don't care about perfect uniforms, I don't care about perfect scheduling, and I don't care about commentary since I generally just mute the sound and play music anyway (although admittedly this might be BECAUSE of Stadium sounds and commentary being busted).

Now I do care about the gameplay issues and wish they would fix some of the glaring problems but I love having truly updated rosters (although I appreciate what the guys do here to keep rosters up to date).

Now Madden 14 on this gen seems to have fixed some of my bigger gripes. Added owner mode, updated rosters, seemingly fixed a handful of gameplay problems.

I'm not expecting a perfect game by any means, I've come to accept that. However with that knowledge and my love of football wins out so I have pre-ordered on the current gen and will hope I am not disappointed. And also hopw to God the freezing issue is gone.

I also don't plan on buying the ps4 right away, I've been burned before (rrod and ylod anyone?) I've spent easily $3,000 worth (3 xbox systems, 2 ps3 systems, and all the various accessories that have broken on me) on the last consoles because of various problems and I just don't have that kind of money anymore. So I'll be waiting to see how the new consoles fair before buying. So that is why I'm getting this gen and not next gen.

Last edited by Ampking101; 08-01-2013 at 01:57 PM.
Old 08-01-2013, 04:54 PM   #30
Banned

OVR: 10

Originally planned on getting current gen an next gen. Now I'm definitely passing on curren gen (ill try to get it off gamefly though) and I'm thinking about skipping next gen as well until I see more of it.

I understand that some people have high hopes for next gen but madden 25 will be the first iteration on new consoles and I'm wary of that. When current gen came out we also had high and instead we were subjected to 10 years or sub par football games.

Ill take the wait and see approach.
Old 08-01-2013, 07:31 PM   #31
MVP

jbd345's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrant8RDFL
I strongly suggest that if your picking up the new console to be patient and see what Madden 25 has to offer on the new consoles. It is new to EA so I don't think Madden 25 would be anything special on the new consoles right now. In the future yes it can be.

Just wait a little and see. history has clearly shown a game on a new consoles release is not always good.
It's a completly different story this time around. If its true that next gen consuls where are far more easier to develop games for than current gen. Like you said, it's a wait and see. I haven't even placed a pre order on a system yet. Waiting to see what madden has to offer before I make the jump.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2013, 07:38 PM   #32
Rookie

LastExit's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ampking101
I also don't plan on buying the ps4 right away, I've been burned before (rrod and ylod anyone?) I've spent easily $3,000 worth (3 xbox systems, 2 ps3 systems, and all the various accessories that have broken on me) on the last consoles because of various problems and I just don't have that kind of money anymore. So I'll be waiting to see how the new consoles fair before buying. So that is why I'm getting this gen and not next gen.
I'm with you on that.....let them work out the bugs before making the leap. What's more, I've been a playstation owner but I'm open to the XBox so I'll wait to see what the reviews have to say and if it's worth the extra $100. Plus, I'm assuming that the curren gen games will see a price drop once the news consoles and games hit the market so there will be some time to enjoy that before committing to the next generation.

I'm familiar with the 'red ring of death' (this is what kept me from an x-box despite reading that it was better for gaming than the PS)......what was the "YLOD?"

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »