Home

Madden Next Gen Wishlist

This is a discussion on Madden Next Gen Wishlist within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-05-2013, 11:13 AM   #1
Banned

TheBuddyHobbs's Arena

OVR: 1
Madden Next Gen Wishlist

This is a wishlist for the next gen Madden. Not for Madden 25, but for the future of this generation to come.

Smarter A.I. - One of the biggest problems with Madden is the A.I. whether it is the play calling or just too easy in general. You have to use sliders otherwise you win every game. All Madden it seems the computer has to cheat to sort of level the playing field, but even then with not much success. I want to feel as though I actually gave it my all and earned the win. Sometimes I find myself holding back a lot so the game will be more competitive and realistic. The A.I. needs to call smarter plays and based on the situations. The A.I. needs to be able to react as fast as a can react.

Authenticity - Make the teams play true to life. Coaches have tendencies in real life, so they should in Madden. The CPU should have a gameplan going into the game based on their personnel and their opponent that week. This means who you pick as your coach and coordinators actually are important and make an impact on the game. Maybe add a playbook lock feature in CC options. Meaning if you are the Packers you are locked into the coaches playbook. This way the coaches you choose matters more. Of course you would have the option to turn this off. We see Peyton Manning and others call out audibles at the line and so should the CPU based on the situation and the quarterback. Add more traits and make them actually mean something. Make the players FEEL and ACT different.

Presentation - Better replay camera angles, more camera angles and more realistic camera angles. More stat overlays. I can't stress stat overlays enough. We see so many stat overlays throughout a real life broadcast. This season stats, last season and their career stats. Make the stat overlays more situational and realistic to the situation. If a quarterback has to make a game winning drive we should see a stat overlay telling us how many game winning drives he has in his career, this season and last season. A real half time show. Even something as simple as what the other football game did many years ago. Ideally this would we would see a couple guys in the studio talking a little about the game and maybe even show some highlights around the league. Stat overlays for your game, real time scores for other games going on in your league and highlights from your game so far. A weekly wrap show implemented like the half time show above. With more details like injuries around the league, who's hot, who's cold. The scores from around the league and highlights from the weekends best games with commentary.

Commentary - I know commentary is an aspect of presentation, but I feel it needs its own section. Make commentary dynamic to the situation and the players. If somebody is in a slump have some banter about that. If a player has been hot then some banter about that. If a player is a rising star or has been improving I want to know about that. NAMES, I want to hear the players names. I don't hear the quarterback steps back to pass. I want to hear his name. Bring life to the commentary and authenticity to the game.

Connected Franchise - With the ability to create coaches we should have the ability to create our own playbook from scratch. Set a gameplan with that playbook based on the type of offense and defense we are playing against. Smarter A.I. trade logic. I don't want to see the CPU trading a 1st round pick for a mediocre quarterback just because that have a need at that position. Better signing logic. The CPU needs to take into account it's needs now and potential needs later. They need to be smarter about what needs they address now and what needs they can address later. More realistic drafting by the CPU. Add in press conferences like in the NBA Assocation mode. Press conferences whether you chose owner, player, or coach. After every game have one. Whether it impact the franchise or not it would still feel realistic.

Gameplay - This is obviously the most important part of Madden that needs to be addressed. Gameplay needs MUCH more variety in almost every aspect of the gameplay. We need more tackle animations. It seems like there is only about 10 different animations and it gets very stale very quick seeing the same ones over and over. More throwing motions done better and more consistently. Add in running styles and running motions. In the next gen videos I noticed there is still sliding and suction blocking. That needs to be fixed this coming generation. More swim moves and better OL/DL interaction. I can go on and on about the gameplay, but I'm sure we all have voiced our concerns enough about it.

Ratings - Ratings NEED to mean something and matter in Madden. Get rid of the overall rating or fix the CPU logic on depth chart management. Ratings need to be far more spread out than they are right now. It doesn't seem to matter if you lose your 90 overall player and have a 70 overall player take his place. They seem perform pretty about the same. Star players stand out much more than just an average player and Madden needs to replicate that. I want to feel heart broken if I lose my star 90 overall guy because I know I have to rely on an average player now. It needs to make an impact and it needs to matter. Losing as it is right now doesn't hurt the team one bit. Make it mean something, make it matter.[/list]

Last edited by TheBuddyHobbs; 08-05-2013 at 05:59 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2013, 11:43 AM   #2
MVP

d11king's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Madden Next Gen Wishlist

Glad someone else made this cause I was too lazy haha.

QB Vision Cone - Probably my favorite feature ever. In a game that seems arcadey, the vision cone (IMO) brought a sense of simulation and realism to Madden. It was difficult to get accustomed too, but could've easily been expanded on to make easier instead of taken out completely.

Staff Hiring - The ability to hire and fire all staff. For example, Michael Irvin as the Head Coach, Troy Aikman OC, Deion DC and ST. Coaches also have ratings, which include 'teaching' and 'motivation' etc. A DC with high ratings will reflect in the way the defense plays. You could have something similar to the Coach Tree of NCAA where coaches can give small boosts to players.

Owner Mode Create a Stadium - Can I please create my own stadium, like how I was able to do before?

Offseason - Bring in like OTA's, and Training Camp, doing drills and what not, Draft Combine and having the ability to watch the upcoming rookies play, doing drills as players we may be scouting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy Hobbz
Presentation
Better replay camera angles, more camera angles and more realistic camera angles. More stat overlays. I can't stress stat overlays enough. We see so many stat overlays throughout a real life broadcast. This season stats, last season and their career stats. Make the stat overlays more situational and realistic to the situation. If a quarterback has to make a game winning drive we should see a stat overlay telling us how many game winning drives he has in his career, this season and last season. A real half time show. Even something as simple as what the other football game did many years ago. Ideally this would we would see a couple guys in the studio talking a little about the game and maybe even show some highlights around the league. Stat overlays for your game, real time scores for other games going on in your league and highlights from your game so far. A weekly wrap show implemented like the half time show above. With more details like injuries around the league, who's hot, who's cold. The scores from around the league and highlights from the weekends best games with commentary.

THIS^^ - I would love to see interviews in here again, obviously those interviews were in the Superstar mode and there was no live videos going on while it was happening, but if Jimmy Neutron can make a talking robotic dog in the early 2000s, then we can get some live gaming going on during the interviews as well.

Spoiler

Last edited by d11king; 08-05-2013 at 12:00 PM.
Old 08-05-2013, 12:01 PM   #3
Banned

TheBuddyHobbs's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by d11king
Glad someone else made this cause I was too lazy haha.

QB Vision Cone - Probably my favorite feature ever. In a game that seems arcadey, the vision cone (IMO) brought a sense of simulation and realism to Madden. It was difficult to get accustomed too, but could've easily been expanded on to make easier instead of taken out completely.

Staff Hiring - The ability to hire and fire all staff. For example, Michael Irvin as the Head Coach, Troy Aikman OC, Deion DC and ST. Coaches also have ratings, which include 'teaching' and 'motivation' etc. A DC with high ratings will reflect in the way the defense plays. You could have something similar to the Coach Tree of NCAA where coaches can give small boosts to players.

Owner Mode Create a Stadium - Can I please create my own stadium, like how I was able to do before?

Offseason - Bring in like OTA's, and Training Camp, doing drills and what not, Draft Combine and having the ability to watch the upcoming rookies play, doing drills as players we may be scouting.

THIS^^ - I would love to see interviews in here again, obviously those interviews were in the Superstar mode and there was no live videos going on while it was happening, but if Jimmy Neutron can make a talking robotic dog in the early 2000s, then we can get some live gaming going on during the interviews as well.

Spoiler
Everything you said should be implemented as well. Would LOVE to see all of it!
Old 08-05-2013, 04:01 PM   #4
Banned

TheBuddyHobbs's Arena

I also I think we need less generic faces.
Old 08-05-2013, 05:56 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0

Authentic Pro Bowl Helmets - Each player has their teams Helmet during the Pro Bowl game rather than just a Red/Blue generic one.

Better Presentation - No empty seats in the Super Bowl. Make it feel different from Regular Season games. That was the problem in previous Maddens. Use the advantage of the Ignite Engine to create a unique effect at each game meaning no game is the same.

Better Commentary - From the videos I have seen on current gen, the Commentary sounds the exact same so in the next gen they should be able to add tons more lines and more authentic ones.

More Animations - I hear they have added over 300+ Animations for the next gen compared to the 20+ for the current gen and this is good. Therefore I just hope the ugly running animation is gone and some of the unrealistic motions of the WR's, D-Lineman and O-Lineman. I also hope that there is more signature animations dedicated to certain players. This includes the movement of Running Backs too, not just QB's. For example if I am running with Sproles I want to feel light on my feed and the ability to juke in between the small spaces where if I am running with Adrian Peterson, I want to feel like I can run through the players and stiff arm a defender. This should reflect in the animations of these players.

More realistic player models
- There where too many players in Madden 12 and Madden 13 who had generic faces ect. Even though I believe EA are not allowed to put tattoos in the game, they need to make the physique of players better. I believe that this will be done after seeing next gen screenshots of RG3 ect which look really good. But in M12 and M13 people like Jimmy Graham where built like a fridge. In real life his is really tall and quite slim but has muscle at the same time.

Updated Players Photos - I have been asking for this for such a long time. We have had the same player photos for years now. I reckon this just comes down to laziness by the development team. We have Rodgers who looks like he has just come out of College, Vernon Davis has long dread locked hair and Brees has long curly hair. They do not have to update them every year, just every few years so that we are not stuck with unrealistic pictures of players each year and this is the time they need to update them. They should also add more as their are far to many blank pictures. This is Next Gen. Stuff like this should be automatic every year.

Authentic Real Life Sidelines and Stands (And Chants) - I understand that this is not in current gen because this would be very hard to input. But we now have next gen and this should be part of the Ignite Engine. We should be able to see coaches walking up and down the sidelines, we should be able to see away fans leaving the stands near the end of a game if their team is getting blown out. I want to see Steelers Fans waving their Terrible Towels! That would be awesome! Think about it, if you are a Steelers fan or just simply playing as the Steelers and you are in the Super Bowl. You can see your fans waving these Terrible Towels. This should be followed with Chants for each team. The Who Dat Chant for the Saints ect, Go Pack Go, Here we go Steelers, here we go. This is next gen and this is possible.

Changing Weather Effects - If it is December and you are playing in Green Bay, it should be able to randomly start snowing during the match and the commentators should comment on this. Weather should be able to change during matches like it could be just cloudy during the 1st quarter but come the 3rd quarter it could start raining. This will effect the surfaces and some players should respond to the weather by putting on gloves, QB's could put on hand warmers ect and you should be able to see players on the sideline wearing those big coats.

Last edited by Callsign Stitch; 08-05-2013 at 06:39 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2013, 05:57 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 8

A NEW GAMEPLAY ENGINE
LA DODGERS
Old 08-05-2013, 06:00 PM   #7
Banned

TheBuddyHobbs's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dat boi Q
A NEW GAMEPLAY ENGINE
This is a wishlist not a fantasy list. Lol just kidding... Kinda...
Old 08-05-2013, 06:04 PM   #8
Pro

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBuddyHobbs
This is a wishlist not a fantasy list. Lol just kidding... Kinda...
Yea I know but a lot of people still don't know that they ARE USING THE SAME ENGINE FOR NEXT GEN. That's why my hope and exceptions are not that high.
They are just slapping ignite engine on top of what they are using now.
LA DODGERS

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »