Home

Madden 25...got to be more careful

This is a discussion on Madden 25...got to be more careful within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-09-2013, 08:35 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Madden 25...got to be more careful

That's not just any D-Lineman either, that's Pro Bowl linebacker Ryan Kerrigan. Vick must be paying the guys at EA to keep himself relevant
Old 08-09-2013, 10:03 AM   #10
Rookie

I can not believe they are passing this game off as 'new'. Features wise, fine. But the gameplay looks identical to Madden 13. No wonder why I am waiting till next gen.
Old 08-09-2013, 10:18 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by chipman5544
That's not just any D-Lineman either, that's Pro Bowl linebacker Ryan Kerrigan. Vick must be paying the guys at EA to keep himself relevant

That's what bothers me so much about it. I mean the fact that it was a D-Lineman was bad enough......but a PRO BOWL linebacker getting trucked by VICK.......Seriously EA help me to understand that logic.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2013, 02:28 PM   #12
Pro

pacman5769's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by friscob

At around the 15:40 mark you can see the guy throw a TD pass on a hitch route. The corner floats 12 yards off of him all the way to the back of the endzone letting the WR walk in for the score. Hope this is on Rookie or something b/c that looks like the type of coverage I've gotten used to seeing in NCAA 14.
Yeah noticed that the DB was no where in position to even try to make a play..
Old 08-09-2013, 02:58 PM   #13
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Just saw the video and yeah, that was just ridiculous. Reminds me of how in basketball games back in the day how just about any player could do all kinds of dunks. Those games seemed to have fixed that now, so I wonder why it's seemingly hard for Tiburon to fix ratings and their relation to animations, to prevent these kinds of things.

As soon as I saw that part of the video, I was thinking I wonder why QBs aren't appropriately rated and represented more vulnerable in Madden. I have been saying this for years about all applicable positions and players in Madden needing to be rated and represented as such.

No doubt this same aspect in the video will be seen in the case of scat backs trucking players and generally not being as vulnerable as their stature suggests they should. Add that with the lack of a wear-n-tear injury system, SPD and INJ trump size and strength for player personnel at skill positions.
Old 08-09-2013, 03:32 PM   #14
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by idlehands
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MZRopxyJVk

look specifically at the 8:47 mark.

Mike Vick in all his glory trucks a would be defender going in for a sack. I know this is supposedly a work in progress build but that just looked terrible. There are other things in this video that bother me but that one took the cake.

I really am having a hard time looking forward to this game if this is what I'm going to be subjected to.
I spoke to Shopmaster about this and he said this was the only time any of the guys at community day two weeks ago saw this happen. He also said he spoke to the devs and it will be something addressed in the final build.

Like I said in a post earlier today, I don't mind something weird happening every once in a great while as long as it rarely, almost never happens. If something works properly 99/100 times I'm fine with that, but on current gen most things have been 50/50.

Last edited by jpdavis82; 08-09-2013 at 03:34 PM.
Old 08-09-2013, 03:36 PM   #15
Banned

tfer717's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
Just saw the video and yeah, that was just ridiculous. Reminds me of how in basketball games back in the day how just about any player could do all kinds of dunks. Those games seemed to have fixed that now, so I wonder why it's seemingly hard for Tiburon to fix ratings and their relation to animations, to prevent these kinds of things.

As soon as I saw that part of the video, I was thinking I wonder why QBs aren't appropriately rated and represented more vulnerable in Madden. I have been saying this for years about all applicable positions and players in Madden needing to be rated and represented as such.

No doubt this same aspect in the video will be seen in the case of scat backs trucking players and generally not being as vulnerable as their stature suggests they should. Add that with the lack of a wear-n-tear injury system, SPD and INJ trump size and strength for player personnel at skill positions.

I still think size and strength don't matter nearly as much as EA thinks/says it does. Far too often the wrong animation triggers and the wrong time and you get awful interactions. I still am seeing it in 25 gameplay vids. I'm also seeing the awkward stiff arm animation where they run sideways while the defender holds their arm... unfortunately I saw it in the next gen demo with AP as well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2013, 03:59 PM   #16
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
I spoke to Shopmaster about this and he said this was the only time any of the guys at community day two weeks ago saw this happen. He also said he spoke to the devs and it will be something addressed in the final build.

Like I said in a post earlier today, I don't mind something weird happening every once in a great while as long as it rarely, almost never happens. If something works properly 99/100 times I'm fine with that, but on current gen most things have been 50/50.
While I feel your point, I agree with tfer717 in reference to something like this being an underline/legacy issue. You mention as long as it doesn't happen often but the fundamental issue doesn't have to playout the same way every time for there to clearly be an issue. Like I referenced in my post, for me it's not about specifically addressing Vick trucking Kerrigan or even some huge scale full development cycle fix IE2, I see that video and immediately think of player ratings and animations.

Like what is VIck's truck rating and why would a QB scrambling in the pocket, even be triggering a truck animation like that?

I wonder with Madden Share can people in online communities play Ranked matches using the same edited roster file.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »