Home

What do you hope to see, expect to see in the demo Tuesday?

This is a discussion on What do you hope to see, expect to see in the demo Tuesday? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-10-2013, 07:33 AM   #17
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75
Re: What do you hope to see, expect to see in the demo Tuesday?

I want to see more defense than what I saw in the NCAA 14 demo. If I get that same feeling I did from NCAA 14 I will be very disappointed. I don't want basketball on grass.

I enjoyed M13 but the cpu playcalling has to be more team specific and much smarter. I don't want to see the cpu CBs giving me an 8 yard cushion on 3rd and 2. I want to see RE's get sacks and not just LEs. I hope the DL moves are better as the r-stick moves sucked last year - you just engaged and turbo around all day.

I am looking forward to seeing new presentation and a new replay system which was horrid last year. I'm excited for the demo since I am SO sick of videos which haven't really done much for me. Just tired of them right now - need hands on.
Old 08-10-2013, 09:47 AM   #18
Banned

OVR: 11

There's a bit of revisionist history going on here. EA did "start fresh" back in 2006 with this generation and is why Madden has been exceedingly poor for the most part since then. As a result, many were/are saying that if they had simply started this gen by truly porting over last gen and building off that, we might be much farther ahead by now. EA has all but acknowledged that starting fresh seven years ago was a bad design decision.

That is why they are not "starting fresh" with next gen, i.e., lessons learned from last time. I applaud this decision as, in theory, we should benefit from this in years to come.

Back on topic, I expect to see in the demo pretty much what we've seen in previous iterations with slight improvements and clean-up.
Old 08-10-2013, 09:52 AM   #19
Rookie

LastExit's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor & Sword
I just want a game that works. M13 did not work.....at all.

Please....IE 2.0 kick some *** (like NCAA 14 has from all reports).

Please AI go back at a minimum to M12's CPU play calling....at a minimum.

Please...sliders work, auto sub sliders, formation subs sticking week to week.

Simple stuff that is supposed to work...like it did on M12 but with a far more immersive franchise mode.

And last but not least....classic rosters to share.

Then I will be happy as a pig in ****.
I have Madden '13 and NCAA '14 and they did a great job adjusting and tuning the Infinity Engine. There's still an occasional quirky looking thing but overall it's great. If they merely port NCAA's IE over to Madden I think you'll be very happy.
Old 08-10-2013, 11:21 AM   #20
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamehead
There's a bit of revisionist history going on here. EA did "start fresh" back in 2006 with this generation and is why Madden has been exceedingly poor for the most part since then. As a result, many were/are saying that if they had simply started this gen by truly porting over last gen and building off that, we might be much farther ahead by now. EA has all but acknowledged that starting fresh seven years ago was a bad design decision.

That is why they are not "starting fresh" with next gen, i.e., lessons learned from last time. I applaud this decision as, in theory, we should benefit from this in years to come.

Back on topic, I expect to see in the demo pretty much what we've seen in previous iterations with slight improvements and clean-up.
It's double edged. Sure starting over means a more bare bones game than previous but it's also a chance to reboot the franchise. Ian Cummings said that tiered play calling would require a complete rewrite. The audible system, penalty and injury ai probably are the same way. Without a fresh start none of those things change.

So a port just = Madden 25 on this gen, but prettier. Those of us that haven't enjoyed current Madden can go ahead and write of next gen as well.
Old 08-10-2013, 11:43 AM   #21
Banned

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjcheezhead
It's double edged. Sure starting over means a more bare bones game than previous but it's also a chance to reboot the franchise. Ian Cummings said that tiered play calling would require a complete rewrite. The audible system, penalty and injury ai probably are the same way. Without a fresh start none of those things change.

So a port just = Madden 25 on this gen, but prettier. Those of us that haven't enjoyed current Madden can go ahead and write of next gen as well.
sums up my feeling pretty much on point...Expecting nothing from M25 this generation and since im holding out for next gen....I honestly expect nothing more than a port with updated visuals....Which is pretty sad.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2013, 05:23 PM   #22
Rookie

priam11's Arena

OVR: 1

I just want sliders to work as they should.

If holding is set at 100, then it gets called all the time as opposed to when it is set to 0. This means, don't have them backwards or have no effect at all aka NCAA 14.

It sounds simple but the execution....ack.
Old 08-10-2013, 05:29 PM   #23
MVP

wordtobigbird's Arena

OVR: 7

I want to feel the improvement in runner control that I feel in NCAA 14. This could really bring the fun back to the running game in madden. I can't wait to the different types of backs.
Old 08-10-2013, 07:36 PM   #24
Banned

ghettogeeksta's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by SA1NT401
sums up my feeling pretty much on point...Expecting nothing from M25 this generation and since im holding out for next gen....I honestly expect nothing more than a port with updated visuals....Which is pretty sad.

Hopefully this so called Ignite Engine makes up for some of this.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »