Home

Is option run going to ruin 25?

This is a discussion on Is option run going to ruin 25? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-27-2013, 07:24 PM   #57
MVP

Hiro1's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Is option run going to ruin 25?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batum Shaka Laka
That feature has always been in NCAA?

It's in your game planning (where you set things to agressive, conservative, or balanced). There's one where you selected play the QB (agressive) or play the RB (Conservative) or leave it balanced to let the game decide.

Always been in.
They are similar but are definitely not the same. Ncaa's dictates if you want to focus on pitch man or QB. In madden you can dictate if your DE crashes on The RB or stays with the qb. At least this is how Its worked for me.
Old 08-27-2013, 07:45 PM   #58
MVP

SteelerSpartan's Arena

OVR: 20

It really ticks me off that they didn't give the Defense any new animations to combat what they gave to the offense. Its so freaking typical of them to do this. We've seen this all gen long with their gameplay balance

There should have been just as many push and break through animations for the D-Line that would allow the D to blow up running plays if they had the ratings.

The few(And I mean few like in 2 or 3) of those breakthrough animations there are, take too long to play out and the runner can easily run around them.

So that puts tons more AI responsibility on the LBs/CBs/Safeties to react fast enough and fill the right gaps.

And to top it all off the user run blocking slider is woefully ineffective

My CFB Teams:
Marshall..WVU-Go Herd/Eeers!!!

Last edited by SteelerSpartan; 08-27-2013 at 07:49 PM.
Old 08-27-2013, 11:57 PM   #59
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

The "stick skills" debate really can be sumed up like this:

In Madden, you can wiggle and avoid a defender, or use the juke move and defenders will randomly be forced to fall down, or use the spin move to change directions and the defender won't break down to make the tackle.

In All Pro Football 2k8, if you wiggle, the defenders keep true to their pursuit lanes and will break down and tackle you. The same thing if you spin or juke. Those moves can be effective, but it is because of realsitic positioning and momentum.

In Madden, I have had plays for and against me where 3 defenders in pursuit all were locked into the slip and fall down animation because the running back used a juke.

There are certain stick skills, but they are also vastly overrated. Madden, even with custom sliders that I like to use, is still tuned to be a casual game of football. Go ahead and pretend you are some football god because you can play Madden well, but I bet most of the stick skill freaks don't know the first thing about real football, or care.
Old 08-28-2013, 12:33 AM   #60
MVP

friscob's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGaither84

In Madden, I have had plays for and against me where 3 defenders in pursuit all were locked into the slip and fall down animation because the running back used a juke.
Imo if you're trying to play a somewhat "sim" game then the modifier shouldn't be used. It makes defenders behave very oddly

2014 Cleveland Browns 13-3
2015 Cleveland Browns 6-1
GT: MouthyRat
Old 08-28-2013, 02:09 AM   #61
Nogueira connoisseur

Find_the_Door's Arena

OVR: 5

Well just played a 49ers user that jumped out to a quick 21-nothin' lead due in part to his no-huddle abuse of the read option. I couldn't do a thing to stop it. He ended up going up 31-nothin' before I just conceded...

"Is option run going to ruin 25?"

.... it already has.... the scary part is that this is just opening day... imagine the cheese three months from now....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2013, 05:23 AM   #62
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batum Shaka Laka
Well just played a 49ers user that jumped out to a quick 21-nothin' lead due in part to his no-huddle abuse of the read option. I couldn't do a thing to stop it. He ended up going up 31-nothin' before I just conceded...

"Is option run going to ruin 25?"

.... it already has.... the scary part is that this is just opening day... imagine the cheese three months from now....
Just had a very similar experience in MUT... Dude had Aaron Rodgers and spammed it to death...

In addition, apparently corners have the world's strongest stick-em on their hands and rocket packs on their shoes. When this same dude was on defense he had no problem intercepting every pass I attempted with Tom Brady. Did not matter how out of position he was, how much separation I got, or what timing window I threw at, he picked off everything...

I think I am done trying to play this game competitively online already...
Old 08-28-2013, 06:07 AM   #63
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

This is a reason why I'm not doing Online CFM this year. Stopping slants and hitches is hard enough, now this. I had a feeling EA would overdue it.

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Old 08-28-2013, 06:34 AM   #64
Rookie

MrPromax's Arena

OVR: 3

I don't plan on running any this year. I watched a video on YouTube about it. I think any level above all pro shouldn't show the marker of who to read once on the field.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 4

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »