Home

Curl, Out and Drag Routes

This is a discussion on Curl, Out and Drag Routes within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-14-2013, 10:41 AM   #9
MVP

friscob's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Curl, Out and Drag Routes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bootzilla
I'm hoping that upping pass reaction time will help the DBs cover better. I think the people that complained about DBs mirroring routes got their wish. So now, on every basic route the DBs go into this drawn out reactionary motion that leaves them beat by 5 yards. When the receivers chop their steps to run a curl or out cut, the DB takes an additional 2 or 3 steps in their back pedal or flip all the way around. Awful technique.
This is where ratings should come into play. Bad DB's have to take a the few extra steps and the lockdown ones should mirror more. I have no problem w/ mirroring as long as the DB is better than the WR.
Old 08-14-2013, 10:42 AM   #10
Banned

OVR: 1

yea its due to the high complain rate of DBs. Go back to before they did all that LOCOMOTION crap. Once they did that for the defense , it killed it.

Seems like they never could get the defense to play right on this gen system. Thats why im so hestitant to buy it.
Old 08-14-2013, 12:43 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by friscob
This is where ratings should come into play. Bad DB's have to take a the few extra steps and the lockdown ones should mirror more. I have no problem w/ mirroring as long as the DB is better than the WR.
Agreed. This game has always struggled with ratings as it pertains to certain positions. LT's are always superior to good RE's. Inferior LE's are always better than their RT counterparts. And now, all WRs seem to have a decided advantage vs superior DBs on certain routes. Nickle corners are awful vs slot receivers. They get beat by 3 yards right off the snap. Unless you have time to shade inside, they will beat you on a drag every time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2013, 12:49 PM   #12
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Ratings should work, but in the case of EA, I will use sliders to play the game how I play it.

On default sliders, this game isn't very good.

Lowering QBA and upping pass coverage and reaction has been working for me.

There isn't a sports game I've played that I haven't messed with sliders.
Old 08-14-2013, 12:51 PM   #13
Rookie

aspengc8's Arena

OVR: 1

The problem is there is no 'adaptive AI'. If you keep throwing curls, the AI should pick up on it and start jumping the route. This is where stop-n-go and other double move routes should come into play, but the AI cant fall for something like that if they arent trying to jump the first move.

EA should watch this video and study how routes are run correctly with DB interaction: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSyE2E0Dvno
Old 08-14-2013, 12:58 PM   #14
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

I've thrown 2 int's on two different curl routes in the same game.

This is with altering the sliders.

I'm considering lowering the int sliders.
Old 08-14-2013, 01:08 PM   #15
MVP

OVR: 12

Upping pass reaction and lowering ints is a must in my opinion. Just another thing they can't seem to get quite right. It's the sacks vs pressure argument. Pressure is hard to come by but sacks aren't necessarily hard to get. Good coverage is hard to come by but ints aren't hard to get.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2013, 05:44 PM   #16
Pro

kwpit79's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Ratings should work, but in the case of EA, I will use sliders to play the game how I play it.

On default sliders, this game isn't very good.

Lowering QBA and upping pass coverage and reaction has been working for me.

There isn't a sports game I've played that I haven't messed with sliders.
Yeah, once I found a good passing slider set for M13 it's been going well (mostly due to errant throws or dropped passes vs. better coverage, though). I get pretty accurate passing stats depending on who I'm controlling, which is nice.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »