Home

Curl, Out and Drag Routes

This is a discussion on Curl, Out and Drag Routes within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-17-2013, 12:03 PM   #49
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: Curl, Out and Drag Routes

Quote:
Originally Posted by vannwolfhawk
Try this. Jack up pass coverage sliders to 100. Play as the packers. Pick ace set and 1st play on left (dont have game on and can't remember name) with curls on both sides. Hot route right te to in route and left TE and RB to pass protect. Throw to R. Sherman's side all game unless the CPU is in a zone. If they are in a zone pass to TE underneath. If the CPU is in man 2 man WITHOUT bump and run its a completion 100% of the time. Same play all game. That qualifies as a problem no?
Haven't tried it. I don't spam routes. It does suck that you can do that though.
Old 08-17-2013, 12:07 PM   #50
MVP

Caveman24's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by PVarck31
I think the coverage is a lot better. I'm seeing a new animation where the DB comes in from behind and swats the ball away. I'm also seeing more hits that jar the ball loose. I've seen DB's actually play the ball and not stand there until the WR catches it.

I'm not saying those routes aren't a little overpowered at times. But I think its better this year. I turned cpu coverage up to 65 so that seemed to help.

But just like slants, those routes are high percentage in real football.

But overall I think coverage has improved. Its pretty much night and day from NCAA.
Those animations has always been there. If your switching to make the INT/tackle you won't see nearly half the animations in the game. Try putting the game on "slow" tinker with the sliders. Also stay on 1 person on defense just do it for a game or 2 you'll see loads of animations.
Old 08-17-2013, 12:08 PM   #51
MVP

vannwolfhawk's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by PVarck31
Haven't tried it. I don't spam routes. It does suck that you can do that though.
I don't either but ill do things like that when I'm doing sliders to find the right balance. And it does suck! Lol! But Clint did say the team is going to look into it so take that as you will...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2013, 12:10 PM   #52
MVP

OVR: 12

This demo has me yearning for the days of DBs mirroring routes and super leaping linebackers because right now the passing game is really bad. Unless I'm just chucking deep balls it is nearly impossible for me not to complete 80% of my passes. Whether its All-Madden or sliders or whatever, the coverage can't defend certain routes (corners, curls) or they stand flat footed in zones completely oblivious of everything around them.

Pass coverage for hum or cpu just lacks awareness and the locomotion is overdone so much that the DB's change of direction is so drawn out that by the time he finishes his animation he's beat by 5 yards. Couple that with the ball speed on passes and super QB accuracy and its a no hoper.

Hopefully it will be tuned tighter in the retail version. Right now, I don't know if sliders will effectively fix this.
Old 08-17-2013, 12:49 PM   #53
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29

Online ranked guys are in trouble but what's new? Passing will be pinpoint once again and the D is a bit soft on default.

Online ranked will always be exploitable and guys like sgibs & zfarls will provide you the ways to exploit the game for success. They do a very good job at it and have a great platform.

Until that golden day comes where I can hop into a ranked match and my opponent can't exploit the video game I'll stick to online leagues when I want my competitive Madden fix.

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)
Old 08-17-2013, 12:51 PM   #54
ND

NDAlum's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bootzilla
Hopefully it will be tuned tighter in the retail version. Right now, I don't know if sliders will effectively fix this.
QBA 100% works. Not only were passes off target at QBA 5 for me on All-Madden...the passes weren't NCAA bad. (NCAA bad = ball thrown 20 yards off target to a defender)

The passes were actually thrown just out of reach for the most part and didn't magically always go into the hands of defenders.

The effectiveness of that slider was very very impressive to me.

Old 08-17-2013, 01:11 PM   #55
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDAlum
QBA 100% works. Not only were passes off target at QBA 5 for me on All-Madden...the passes weren't NCAA bad. (NCAA bad = ball thrown 20 yards off target to a defender)

The passes were actually thrown just out of reach for the most part and didn't magically always go into the hands of defenders.

The effectiveness of that slider was very very impressive to me.
My deep passes are off with those sliders but, everything else is pinpoint. If I auto drop and get the pass off on time my receivers are pretty wide open and I hit them perfectly. The problem is how generally wide open they are. If you had tight windows where you had to fit the ball in or throw low and outside to keep it away from a defender and passes were slightly off that would be ideal. Right now if I'm off the receiver is so wide open he can reach behind and still make the catch because the defender isn't close enought o break up the pass.

I've been in man under with the safeties spread to the outside, playing pass, and the corner gets beat on corner routes every time. One, the corner is playing improper technique. He's still on top not in an under lock and trail technique, knowing he has help over the top. Instead he runs with the receiver and stops his feet every time the receiver makes his break. And the safety can't get over the top to help because the pass is thrown on a rope with crazy velocity. IRL that coverage will take away that route almost every time. The QB wouldn't even throw it. But, instead it's open to the point where the DBs can't even contest it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2013, 01:19 PM   #56
ND

NDAlum's Arena

I would love for the passing to be refined and like you explained. The passing animations & how they play out are very small. I just want a HUGE animation library so we can have 100s of outcomes, not 20.

I have noticed that QB's have missed intermediate throws with QBA lowered. Admittedly it was a small sample size.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »