Home

Who is an OG or should I say who is an OM

This is a discussion on Who is an OG or should I say who is an OM within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-15-2013, 05:25 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Who is an OG or should I say who is an OM

I'm 33, started with Madden 98 on PC. Bought 02, 04, 06 on PC also. Kept playing 06 with downloaded roster updates up until 2010 when my wife of all people bought me a PS3 for my birthday. Played 11 and 12.

Might have just been my age but seemed to love the heck out of 06 on PC. Liked 11 but lost interest after 1 season, wanted to get my Vikings a Superbowl, felt a little more satisfied after that NFC Championship game against the Saints. Liked 12 better with doing 32 team control. Hoping 25 can make me love playing Madden like 06.

Very first game was Front Page Sports Football Pro 95 on PC. Loved it, dominating with the 49ers.

Last edited by atorvick; 08-15-2013 at 05:33 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2013, 08:20 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 0

It's great reading all these post. It showed me how far we have came from playing the early hand held game of sports talk football where it was nothing but red dots to Atari football when it was 3 on 3 until now where we get pissed off that they can't get football right. Lol. No matter how bad things can get (madden 13), I will always enjoy the series, but nothing will ever beat tecmo football cause spending my high school and early college days whipping up on my friends but I degress, madden had come along way and since I have a baby boy who I can now get hooked I can't wait to see what is going to happen when he is a teenager. Am I going to be seating in my chair and then go flying out of it cause some lb just smoked a wr on a crossing pattern...... Oh man I can't wait!!!!!

Last edited by tonyfire; 08-15-2013 at 08:23 PM.
Old 08-15-2013, 09:32 PM   #27
Worst Gamer Ever

timisone's Arena

OVR: 6

I been playing from the beginning. I started with 2600 and then then to Commodore 64 ABC Monday Night Football. First time I played madden was Sega.
Old 08-15-2013, 10:58 PM   #28
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

I've been playing Football games since I was about 3 years old playing Tecmo Super Bowl on the original Nintendo and referring to Christian Okoye as "Okie-yay" and getting hundreds of sacks a season with Derrick Thomas. My first Madden was Madden '94 and I've played just about every football game since then whether it was Troy Aikman Football, 10-yard Fight, Bill Walsh Football, NES & SNES Playaction Football, John Elway Football, Super High Impact, Quarterback Club, Pro Quarterback, Football Fury, even played a ton of Mattel handheld football when I was young.
Old 08-15-2013, 11:07 PM   #29
Rookie

StrongIsland666's Arena

OVR: 1

Ive been playin since 93 on the genesis so i was 8 at the time... Am i the only one that used to run in circles around the field to piss my friend off or vice versa. We'd run laps and laps around the field showboating... Good Times
Old 08-16-2013, 09:04 AM   #30
MVP

icicle22's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion523
As for the first football game I ever played, that would be Atari 2600 football, not the real sports version the first one it was like 3 blobs against 3 blobs. .
I played that too but I find it hard to qualify as a football game! The 3 little guys almost looked like mutated space invaders! They flickered really bad too! I hated that game.

I guess I could go one step further and admit that I used to sneak the old handheld electronic Mattel football games into school and play them during study hall. Anyone remember these? Just a bunch of LED blips on a grid?
Old 08-16-2013, 02:26 PM   #31
Just some dude...

BobbyColtrane's Arena

OVR: 15

Started with 10 Yard Fight!

Original Tecmo Bowl with 12 teams was unreal, Chicago Bears all day! Then when Tecmo Super Bowl came out and had all the teams and stat tracking I played season after season after season of that.

John Elway Football, NES Play Action Football, Joe Montana Sports Talk Football, I played 'em all lol.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2013, 03:46 PM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 2

Started with John Elway football in the arcade. Never really liked Madden until they acquired the NFL license in 94 (was a tecmo super bowl guy totally). Loved the heyday of football gaming when we had Gameday (98 was awesome, lest we forget) quarterback club, 2K, NFL fever, heck anyone remeber NFL primetime on PS2? But to answer the original question I have been playing Madden since 1991.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »