Home

Help with running the Option

This is a discussion on Help with running the Option within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-14-2013, 11:19 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Help with running the Option

I've always used my Niners so it's nice to 'get used to them' in the demo.
I'm killing it in the Training...but I can't for the life of me run it in a game. i can;t even find the basic option play. HB goes right or left QB follows, L1 to pitch the ball if need be. I keep running the play where I either hold X to run as the HB or keep it with Kaep. Of course they don't seem to work in game regardless!
Any tips?
Where is the basic option play?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2013, 11:30 PM   #2
MVP

friscob's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Help with running the Option

Go to play type, then special, then select whatever option play you're looking for. They work fine in the game but you might have to just keep working at it. The camera being a little too far back doesn't help though
Old 08-14-2013, 11:35 PM   #3
Rookie

aber's Arena

OVR: 1

There's several option plays in the 'Niners playbook, most are in the Pistol formations, but there's others in a couple of the Shotgun formations.

Kaep is a BEAST in his game....fast and with the 'Niner's nice O-Line, he busts big runs pretty easy with using the new run controls, but also has great passer ratings as well. Going to be a fun year for 'Niners fans in Madden....kind of makes up for nearly a decade of using **** 'Niner teams in Madden
NBA: Golden State Warriors
NHL: San Jose Sharks
Old 08-14-2013, 11:38 PM   #4
Rookie

"Speed Option" is what I was looking for. Gun-Trio Offset. It's in the SeAdderall Seahawks playbook. Can't believe I just played a series with another team. I feel sick. LOL
Mighta missed it in the Niners playbook, just found out I can turn off the playclock. Going to take a long look at my plays.

Killed it with the Speed Option...29 yards on the ground on all-pro. DE hit the QB and I pitched it a second earlier.
Old 08-14-2013, 11:42 PM   #5
goh
Banned

OVR: 37

Basic option...if the LB goes after the RB keep it. If he's coming for the QB pitch it.
Read option...same as above but with the DE instead of LB.

M$ is super greedy and doesn't understand the point of a demo so I don't know if it's like NCAA where it has the letters over the guys. If it does then R is the read man (typically a DE) and P is the pitch man (typically a LB).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2013, 11:47 PM   #6
Rookie

Seadderall has quite a few of the option-pitch, Niners have none. I'll just have to make a custom PB when the game comes out.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »