Home

Which Part of the Ignite Engine are you Looking Forward to Most?

This is a discussion on Which Part of the Ignite Engine are you Looking Forward to Most? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Which Part of the Ignite Engine are you Looking Forward to Most?
INTELLIGENCE 23 58.97%
CONTEXTUAL AWARENESS 4 10.26%
STEP-BASED LOCOMOTION 4 10.26%
BIOMECHANICS 0 0%
CLOTH 2 5.13%
CROWD REACTION 4 10.26%
LIVING SIDELINES 2 5.13%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-19-2013, 10:42 PM   #9
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Which Part of the Ignite Engine are you Looking Forward to Most?

Easily intelligence and contextual awareness but I am skeptical that it will be as meaningful as EA is claiming.

One of the problems in the passing game this gen has been that WRs are oblivious to the defense. This is why you can throw a go route and the DB picks it while your brain dead WR tries an over the shoulder catch instead of going up for the ball. They run their routes and catch the ball as if there is no defense on the field.

Also if you look at a real playbook that has crossing routes and other air raid concepts you will see that throughout the route there is the option to sit down in the hole of the zone. EA does not have this; they have option routes but they are very basic.

Intelligence and contextual awareness should allow for more realistic defensive plays. Some of you may know that defensive plays in EA games are not realistic. In real football blitzes and stunts are dynamic, e.g. Either the OLB or SS will blitz depending on the movement of a certain blocker or a DT stunt is determined by the movement of the center and things like that
Old 08-19-2013, 10:45 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 39

The crowd/sidelines without a doubt. Atmosphere has been the biggest buzz kill this generation of sports games hands down.
Old 08-19-2013, 11:54 PM   #11
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

I don't know that I really know enough about how they work in the actual end products to vote.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2013, 02:59 AM   #12
MVP

adriano's Arena

OVR: 8

I would say contextual awareness, more specifically
Identify the Mike.

Last edited by adriano; 08-20-2013 at 03:06 AM. Reason: Some people like Nano's
Old 08-20-2013, 04:15 AM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 3

Intelligence by a long shot.

The day I see a Corner in a cover two assignment read the slot receiver for a route coming his way and DROP BACK/SIT In His Short Zone/MAN-Up on #1 depending on what the slot did is the day I know Madden is real football

Last edited by atc43; 08-20-2013 at 04:23 AM.
Old 08-20-2013, 05:18 AM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 5

It's too hard to choose one part. I'm going with Intelligence, Contextual Awareness and Step-Based Locomotion.
Old 08-20-2013, 08:09 AM   #15
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

I'm going to have to say Intelligence. I want to see EA finally take out the psychic DBs finally. I want to see the DBs think for themselves. I don't want to see the DBs mirror image the WRs routes anymore. For example, If a team has a 6th round rookie CB starting at CB and he is playing against a guy like Steve Smith of the Panthers. I don't want to see the AI Rookie CB playing like an all star CB. I want to see him break down on plays and see him blow coverages sometime. That goes for any position. I finally want to see the difference between decent players from the good players to the Stud players. I want to those levels in the game of Madden next Gen. If not this year, but next year hopefully.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2013, 09:35 AM   #16
MVP

Brooke2011's Arena

OVR: 0

I would say the active sidelines. It will be nice to see guys help up team mates and maybe even knock over a coach or two. I loved this aspect of early madden builds for the ps2. I'm also interested in the new lighting and textures. Finally graphics that depict the shine and glare from each kind of fabric and material.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »