Home

Locomotion- Madden (Next Gen)

This is a discussion on Locomotion- Madden (Next Gen) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-21-2013, 12:17 PM   #17
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: Locomotion- Madden (Next Gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by poster
FIFA next gen looks better in regards to the players respecting the laws of physics and foot planting. While it has always looked and animated better then Madden, you could take players and quickly move direction or spin them around quickly in a comical, unrealistic way. There was no respect for inertia and proper foot planting, even though it felt smooth.

All of these EA games are off in that way, just too arcadish to emulate real life movement for whatever reason. Add in that the AI in FIFA is on par with Madden (not a good thing), and all teams and players play the same (another EA Sports staple). I will never understand how it has won so many awards and accolade.
You bring up some interesting points and I guess it comes down to preference and ignorance. For some of us after playing and seeing better sports games, it's difficult for us to enjoy something inferior but others can simply accept for what it is regardless or have yet to experience something better. This really shines through in most interviews or reviews about Madden, when someone states something like "the game is already so realistic how do they find new things to add every year".
Old 08-21-2013, 12:57 PM   #18
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Fifa next gen looks awesome, but I don't know ish about soccer. The movement looks way better than Madden as of right now, but there's something off about all EA Sports games player movement. The only game I've seen from EA that looks super realistic was the UFC game they showed yest. That's still really early though. Could change once they add everything in.

Things just pop in and out too much in EA sports games. The fluidity going from one animation to another is always missing. It seems like Ignite would've fixed that, but maybe it's something they don't want to change.

Madden seems to be the worst of them all though. At least FIFA's animations look authentic to soccer(at least from what I can tell). Madden's animations most of the time do not look like NFL athletes. The running, jukes, cuts, passes, and catches all look bad for the most part. Even with that said I'm more than ready to put current gen behind me and give next gen a fair chance until then next Madden. If they don't blow this thing out for Madden 15 or whatever it will be called, we'll know this team just doesn't have the talent or freedom to bring us a truly remarkable football game.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 08-21-2013, 01:47 PM   #19
Rookie

JAYHOVA110's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by cthurt
Idk about you guys but just picturing those live crowds from that Fifa trailer in Madden 25 gave me goosebumps.
I was just thinking the same exact thing. Not only that, but also the players faces, the stadiums, the playing field, the lighting, the overall atmosphere just seems to be 50x's better than what we have now. Well, it looks good on that trailer at least lol. *fingers crossed*
Old 08-21-2013, 02:13 PM   #20
MVP

cthurt's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAYHOVA110
I was just thinking the same exact thing. Not only that, but also the players faces, the stadiums, the playing field, the lighting, the overall atmosphere just seems to be 50x's better than what we have now. Well, it looks good on that trailer at least lol. *fingers crossed*
Lol exactly...at the very least we will have the visual eye candy we always wanted with next gen...well so it seems. I cant wait to see how far it will be pushed graphically in the coming years.
Old 08-21-2013, 02:24 PM   #21
Banned

tfer717's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
Fifa next gen looks awesome, but I don't know ish about soccer. The movement looks way better than Madden as of right now, but there's something off about all EA Sports games player movement. The only game I've seen from EA that looks super realistic was the UFC game they showed yest. That's still really early though. Could change once they add everything in.

Things just pop in and out too much in EA sports games. The fluidity going from one animation to another is always missing. It seems like Ignite would've fixed that, but maybe it's something they don't want to change.

Madden seems to be the worst of them all though. At least FIFA's animations look authentic to soccer(at least from what I can tell). Madden's animations most of the time do not look like NFL athletes. The running, jukes, cuts, passes, and catches all look bad for the most part. Even with that said I'm more than ready to put current gen behind me and give next gen a fair chance until then next Madden. If they don't blow this thing out for Madden 15 or whatever it will be called, we'll know this team just doesn't have the talent or freedom to bring us a truly remarkable football game.
EA's animations are just too fast. I love to play fifa, but it feels much more like an arcade game than say, PES. As soon as you start a PES game the flow and movement of the match is much more authentic. Every EA game just feels rushed in gameplay. Like you could never play a 15 min quarter madden game and have it feel super realistic. You would have to consciously play slow and call conservative plays. Even then, the statistics would be screwed. They make the games to cater to casual fans, as well as to be played fully in short time periods. Thus, i think, is the reasoning for fast animations...etc.

I played the NHL 14 demo yesterday... and it's nice.. for EA. I still feel like all of there games could be played with 2 buttons and a big joystick.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2013, 02:31 PM   #22
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfer717
EA's animations are just too fast. I love to play fifa, but it feels much more like an arcade game than say, PES. As soon as you start a PES game the flow and movement of the match is much more authentic. Every EA game just feels rushed in gameplay. Like you could never play a 15 min quarter madden game and have it feel super realistic. You would have to consciously play slow and call conservative plays. Even then, the statistics would be screwed. They make the games to cater to casual fans, as well as to be played fully in short time periods. Thus, i think, is the reasoning for fast animations...etc.

I played the NHL 14 demo yesterday... and it's nice.. for EA. I still feel like all of there games could be played with 2 buttons and a big joystick.
Exactly. Everything is way too fast and twitchy. Honestly I think that's what they go for. I don't think it will ever change honestly. I just hope they have enough of a balance this generation to make the games more enjoyable.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 08-21-2013, 03:01 PM   #23
All Star

poster's Arena

OVR: 23

I hope I didn't come across as knocking anyone who likes FIFA or how it animates and moves. If I did, I apologize. It is miles better looking then Madden has been.

It is interesting how we all look at these games. If you follow the sport of soccer/futbol more and go to soccer forums, alot of the members there treat the foot-planting/momentum in FIFA like alot of us here do here for Madden. Ice skating, unrealistic quick movements, etc.

PES has been clunky on this current gen, but it always seemed to respect momentum and how the players need to step to move in a direction. Sometimes the footplanting and the animation look were awful, but it still felt more realistic to the sport because of this.

I hope Madden improves, but I just don't trust EA is looking to make a realistic game. Like alot of us have said, hope I am proven incorrect. I so badly want to roll with my Bears in a football game, but the current offering just doesn't cut it.
Old 08-21-2013, 03:02 PM   #24
Banned

tfer717's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
Exactly. Everything is way too fast and twitchy. Honestly I think that's what they go for. I don't think it will ever change honestly. I just hope they have enough of a balance this generation to make the games more enjoyable.
Yeah. Like NBA 2k and MLB the show have ranges. Like you can pretty much turn them both into either very arcade.. or very simulation experiences. I wish EA could understand this. I also just believe that something about EA's ability to capture animations and movement is just.. well.. Odd. They always look so strange

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »