Home

Any ideas on coaches to replace your current staff (Franchise Mode)

This is a discussion on Any ideas on coaches to replace your current staff (Franchise Mode) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-11-2010, 12:04 PM   #1
Rookie

jethrobag's Arena

OVR: 2
Any ideas on coaches to replace your current staff (Franchise Mode)

I usually start a franchise with a team I suspect will struggle during the regular season, then I sim year one, fire the coaches, go thru the offseason, and actually start playing games from year 2.

This year, it seems that many position coaches that were in the game as possible coordinators are gone and replaced with fictional coaches.

So I ask, has anyone out there come up with any good new staffs to replace their existing coaches?

I was hoping to use Jeremy Bates as my HC, with one of the Packers defensive assistants as DC if they were in the game. (Last year Mike Trgovec was the D line coach, and he was a former coordinator). But I can not find either one in the game. Any help would be appreciated!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2010, 12:22 PM   #2
The Living Legend

LivingLegend's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: Any ideas on coaches to replace your current staff (Franchise Mode)

Are you sure the coaches you're looking for aren't currently employed by another team?

Try switching the Available Coaches tab to All and see if they show up.
Chicago Blackhawks
Old 08-11-2010, 12:30 PM   #3
Rookie

jethrobag's Arena

OVR: 2

I looked at it briefly last night. I looked at all available coaches, and I didn't see a lot of the coaches that were in the game last year. For example, I am a packers fan, and Mike Trgovec is the DLine coach, and Tom Clements is the QB coach. Normally, I could hire those guys as my DC and OC. However, I did not see them as available coaches this year, as well as many others that were in M10. I only looked briefly, but there were a lot of names of available guys that I had never heard of.

Also, I know Jeremy Bates is the OC in Seattle. I thought he'd make a good HC. Young, offensive minded, I think he will start getting consideration in real life as well. However, he is not the OC in seattle in the game. I don't know what gives, none of it's a big deal, hiring coaches from other teams always seemed to add to the realism of franchise mode for me.
Old 04-03-2014, 06:51 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jethrobag
I looked at it briefly last night. I looked at all available coaches, and I didn't see a lot of the coaches that were in the game last year. For example, I am a packers fan, and Mike Trgovec is the DLine coach, and Tom Clements is the QB coach. Normally, I could hire those guys as my DC and OC. However, I did not see them as available coaches this year, as well as many others that were in M10. I only looked briefly, but there were a lot of names of available guys that I had never heard of.

Also, I know Jeremy Bates is the OC in Seattle. I thought he'd make a good HC. Young, offensive minded, I think he will start getting consideration in real life as well. However, he is not the OC in seattle in the game. I don't know what gives, none of it's a big deal, hiring coaches from other teams always seemed to add to the realism of franchise mode for me.
Maybe they're just hiding their real names. It could still be the same quality coach.
Old 04-03-2014, 06:58 PM   #5
Rookie

Sadly all the coaches that aren't legacy coaches or active coaches are made up and tend to be fat black dude
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-03-2014, 09:04 PM   #6
Rookie

Necro a thread from 2010 and get laughed at in public, you two.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »