Home

Madden NFL 25 Impressions Thread

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 25 Impressions Thread within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-23-2013, 10:40 PM   #73
Pro

willIam9387's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Madden NFL 25 Impressions Thread

I'm having fun with Madden 25, which is the only thing that really matters. Perfect game of football? First minute of playing you can answer that question, but it's the cool animations you get, the subtleness of the game, the ability to set an approaching defender up with a block by being patient which truly defines this game.

Annoying animations are there. Seeing a defender shoestring tackle and watching the runningback flail around is a little weird. Yeah it feels and looks at some points like a rehash of madden 13, but it's progress in the right direction and a much tighter gameplay experience. It's challenging on All-Pro to stop the computer, and pass coverage for the CPU is much tighter than in NCAA 14. Plus the ball is more live and heat seeker tackling is very immersive and it's fun to lay the BOOM.

If you are expecting perfection, then you definitely won't get that, but if you are looking for a football fix until the next-gen Madden then you will definitely get a solid game of football. This is a great precursor for the next gen edition and I'm excited to see what EA has in store for us come November.
Old 08-23-2013, 10:44 PM   #74
MVP

therizing02's Arena

OVR: 20

Played one game in Chicago against the Bengals on All Pro default. Not gonna get into too much detail because it's obvious that a lot of the issues I saw on the filed will be able to fixed by adjusting the sliders. So....

The GOOD

CPU play calling was unpredictable and I was kept pretty much off balance until I took a 17 point lead and then the Bengals were forced to pass a lot and did.

I knocked Andy Dalton out of the game early in the 3rd quarter and he was 18-23. They brought in Josh Johnson and the difference between the two QBs was night and day. Dalton was the pure pocket passer and very difficult to stop, while JJ was quick to run out of the pocket and made several terrible throws on the run. He was 10-16.

THE BAD

The commentary is painfully unaware of what the situation is on the field. I was leading 45-20 late in the 4th and you would have thought it was a close game.

After the Dalton injury I never got an update from the sideline reporter or the booth. The sideline reporter IMO has always been a cheap way around for these guys to claim they've "upped" the presentation. It is and has always been poorly done and is completely useless.

My 78 rated LE, Corey Wootten against the Bengals 92 rated RT, Andre Smith had 8 sacks. 7 of them on Johnson because the CPU only scrambles to the right side and he was quick to leave the pocket.

THE UGLY

I had the Auto Subs set for RB at OUT 85 and IN 90. I had fatigue set at 50. Matt Forte never took a break and then disappeared with 8 minutes to go in the game and I never saw him again. He wasn't injured.

Cautiously optimistic....
Old 08-24-2013, 12:10 AM   #75
Just started!

OVR: 0

I didn't know where to post this. I'm sorry.

I beg of you to help.

I have an 18G early ps3 edition and it won't allow me to download the ticket claiming I do not have enough storage space. I have Nothing saved because I deleted everything on the system and even reformatted. It says I have 14/18 available for whatever reason. Any ideas would be hugely appreciated I just got home from work and this is a nightmare.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2013, 12:16 AM   #76
Rookie

jarvis1104's Arena

How do you guys run the ball successfully? I skipped out on M13 because the infinity engine drove me crazy. Now I'm catching up but can't run the ball consistently because the players just bump and fall constantly.
Old 08-24-2013, 12:21 AM   #77
goh
Banned

OVR: 37

On top of the ridiculous cuts (Julian Edelman went too...among others) contract negotiations are simply horrendus. I gave Marcel Reece an initial offer valued at 2 million more than his desired contract and he went directly to free agency. Spent weeks with Eric Wood,in total giving him 5 million more than he was asking and he wouldn't take it either. I'm up to 11.1 mil from an 8.8 desired contract on the Bills TE.

I finally found the menu with the trades for teams that aren't me. The 49ers/Colts deal wasn't listed,perhaps because it was made with the trading block or perhaps because one of my teams put in an offer.

The twitter thing was pretty nice draft wise. Was looking into a QB for the Raiders. The projected 18th pick was getting all the news/breaking records and the projected 3rd pick wasn't mentioned at all. Paid for both their overall ratings. The 18th guy is rated 86 and the 3rd is 80.
Old 08-24-2013, 12:23 AM   #78
MVP

friscob's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarvis1104
How do you guys run the ball successfully? I skipped out on M13 because the infinity engine drove me crazy. Now I'm catching up but can't run the ball consistently because the players just bump and fall constantly.
Be patient and don't use the sprint/acceleration button until you see a hole. If you just hold down sprint as soon as you get the ball you will play pinball w/ your linemen most of the time. Keep practicing an you'll get better
Old 08-24-2013, 12:27 AM   #79
Rookie

jarvis1104's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by friscob
Be patient and don't use the sprint/acceleration button until you see a hole. If you just hold down sprint as soon as you get the ball you will play pinball w/ your linemen most of the time. Keep practicing an you'll get better
Thanks. Patience is definitely looking like the key so far.
Old 08-24-2013, 12:32 AM   #80
MVP

IlluminatusUIUC's Arena

OVR: 6

I'm pretty much exclusively an online player, so I've been playing ranked matches all day. I'd say if you were curious how this game plays, it's a lot like NCAA 14.

Which is a very bad thing.

The run blocking is absurdly overpowered and and the defense still has the "refuses to react to commands" problem, so it's basically a whoever-has-the-ball last game. If I wasn't getting Sunday Ticket out of the deal, I'd cancel my preorder tbh.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »