Home

Madden NFL 25 Impressions Thread

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 25 Impressions Thread within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-28-2013, 02:51 PM   #401
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: Madden NFL 25 Impressions Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarbeez
You must have been typing this the same time I was typing my post. I definitely have decided that to slow the QB you will have to take risks with some blitzes and get some hits on the guy. All-Madden, default sliders Brady ended up completing 63% of his passes after starting 90% in the first quarter. I started blitzing and getting to him a bit and it did seem to affect him.
That's what I call football. Get back there and force those bad throws. I love it. and having the QB and WR sliders raised so much makes blitzing risky. I get toasted for being too agressive at times
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2013, 03:00 PM   #402
Banned

ghettogeeksta's Arena

Ok, this game does lack defense against the passing game if you play someone good online. Sure you can beat scrubs online that want to run the read option all the time and throw to the same player or do the same plays over and over, but if you play someone that spreads the ball around and knows how to read defense they are unstoppable.
Just played two games in a row online both shootouts whoever had the ball last wins type games. The last three games I played ive been averaging in the 40's and lost them all, I lost my last game 49-52 to the 9ers, Kap threw for 500something yards with 85 percent completion rate!

Zone defense is bad because linebackers and the defensive backs don't react.They stand in one spot with their feet stuck in the mud! Letting receivers cross their front and back instead of following/handing off receivers through their zone to the next. The game is simple,

If safety's and linebackers go out the middle will be open for a deep in, deep post middle, or crossing routes.
If they go in, the out, post corner, or streak will be open
If cb's are backed off receivers the comeback or slant will be open
If nothing is open, just run the ball with the Qb.

Combine that with the lack of pressure on the Qb's you'll have plenty of time to read the defense. Wish they would hike the defensive pass reaction time and coverage up to 60 and Qb accuracy down to 25 in a patch in the future. Still enjoying the game online though.

Last edited by ghettogeeksta; 08-28-2013 at 03:03 PM.
Old 08-28-2013, 03:13 PM   #403
Pro

ajk49er's Arena

OVR: 2

I am enjoying the game, a lot of small tweaks that I really appreciate as I play.

my issue is simple though. Fix the CFM issues. that means the QB's completing 35-50 percent in simulation. fix it. legacy score being stupid for some positions....just fix it, and practice points being somewhat OP, fix it.

I want a realistic owner mode, and I just went through my transactions log for my 3rd week of the preseason, and guess what Packers fans? BJ Raji is now a free agent. Green Bay doesn't need him evidently.

I am really enjoying playing at DB. I usually play safety on defense, but dang, I love taking away their top targets, bump them...and I really enjoy that safeties can now again jump passes. I really dig a lot about this game. I just wish they would fix the " points" issues....or the ratings issues, Im sorry, but when dez Bryant has a 97 catch rating, it totally makes me wonder why I even bother.

I also totally do not understand the fan stuff. I have Vince Agnew on the chiefs with a 94 personality and the most liked player on my team. I put his jersey(yes, he replaced tamba hali on the top 5) at half price, and he is now the #2 selling jersey

vince agnew.....and the guy doesn't have an int, FF, pass deflection....he just evidently has a 94 personality, and I have no clue why

Last edited by ajk49er; 08-28-2013 at 03:17 PM.
Old 08-28-2013, 03:29 PM   #404
Pro

Mbunn1993's Arena

OVR: 4

Overall I love the game. Has its moments but I have such a fun experience. I just had a Unnecessary roughness penalty called AGAINST the CPU on a late hit on my guy who stepped out out bounds and still got hit hard. AWESOME. Just made me like this game so much more
Old 08-28-2013, 03:44 PM   #405
Post Like a Champion!

jake44np's Arena

OVR: 22

I just dont get all the negativity for this game.
After one night of playing it, i love it!
I played 2 games of user vs user against a friend and we loved it.
We then took turns playing online and went 3-0 vs online opponents and we had a blast. Two of the guys we played actually played noncheesy well balanced football vs us.
I then started up a season as my beloved Bengals and played the first game and enjoyed it. Does the game need some improving? Yes. But is is fun to play? YES!
I am certain that once the slider gurus get us some good sliders this game will be golden for me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2013, 04:14 PM   #406
Rookie

OVR: 1

Maybe because us PS3'ers can't play it lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake44np
We then took turns playing online and went 3-0 vs online opponents and we had a blast. Two of the guys we played actually played noncheesy well balanced football vs us.
I then started up a season as my beloved Bengals and played the first game and enjoyed it. Does the game need some improving? Yes. But is is fun to play? YES!
I am certain that once the slider gurus get us some good sliders this game will be golden for me.
Old 08-28-2013, 05:33 PM   #407
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake44np
I think this one of the most well received Maddens in a long time, by some of the OS'ers who've been critical in the past. and IMO the game seems to be easiy thrown out of whack by some of the updates, patches and settings. giving drastically differing views in some cases
Old 08-28-2013, 06:25 PM   #408
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4

3 words. I love it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »