Home

Madden NFL 25 Impressions Thread

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 25 Impressions Thread within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-23-2013, 07:56 PM   #57
MVP

Gorilla Glass's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Madden NFL 25 Impressions Thread

For some reason, Im liking the zoomed camera view. It zooms in and out out just right. Ive only tried it in practice though...
Old 08-23-2013, 08:00 PM   #58
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

OVR: 21

A couple quick positives from a presentation stand point. I heard on one play nantz say morris takes the hand off and tackled by Lee.

Also, it seems the stat banners stay on a screen a little better this year. Last year I feel like I was able to accidentally skip them pretty easily.
Old 08-23-2013, 08:21 PM   #59
Play With Integrity

HARTSTOPPER's Arena

OVR: 20

I'm online and streaming Madden 25
Hart Twitch Madden 25

I'm going to run an online ranked game real quick just for S & G's, and then I'll start browsing the other items. If you want, ask questions and I will answer them as best as possible.
Old 08-23-2013, 08:30 PM   #60
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

Right now I am on the fence. I have no clue, as of now, if I am going to purchase.

I have played only one game. Default heisman, 12 min qtrs (12 second runoff), Broncos vs Chargers (I was Denver).

Some things felt really good. Some didn't but I definitely see where slider gurus can make some magic happen here. This is a more solid foundation than a couple previous releases (as far as right out the gates) gameplay wise IMO.

Still some glaring legacy issues that I just can't get over. Hard for me to get too specific though, as on default I saw zero pass rush so I am sure with that tweaked/patched/tuned the game will play much better...

I have never been so 50/50 before. Usually I am either totally buy or totally not but I am going to take advantage of the full season ticket release and make an informed decision on Tuesday....

I do think the game looks and plays great on he 360.

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Old 08-23-2013, 08:33 PM   #61
Just started!

OVR: 0

I try every year to give madden a shot, and after playing just one game on 10 min quarters on all-madden, I can say EA won't be getting my 60 this year.

Positives

1) The changes in connected careers seems to be awesome so far. Instead of naming the various options you have as a coach or owner I will just simply say I couldn't ask for more.
2) The running system is really a step in the right direction. I really felt like a had total control over what I wanted move I wanted to perform with my running back.

Negatives

I feel the game play just kills the game for me. I know I only played one game but I constantly found myself pausing and going to replay while saying did that really just happen? Here are just three problems that I had.
1)I noticed that after my quarterback (Cutler) dropped back, he did nothing but stare straight down the middle of the field, I hit a receiver (Marshall) on a wide open slant in which he then broke two tackles. YES two tackles on all-madden, granted it was Marshall it was something that shouldn't be a surprise, yet knowing maddens past on how difficult all madden is, it really shocked me. After viewing the replay I noticed how Cutler stared down the field and also that while his arm motion was going straight down the field as if he was going to throw directly down the center of the field, the ball magically came off his hand going at a 90 degree angle. Something that would be impossible.
2) The offensive and defensive line play is disappointing to say the least. I could not get past any of the Bengal's offensive lineman to save my life. I also noticed that it was impossible(literally) even for my CPU defensive linemen to get to the quarterback as my team recorded not one sack during the whole game. Also the Bengal's linemen were doing it with ease. as I would rush four linemen, their four would stuff them every single play as if it was pro bowlers going up against four linemen made up of five year old's. The thing that made it even worse was that the fifth linemen and if a tight end or running back was designed to block would stand in place, not double teaming or doing anything productive. Needless to say Dalton tore my defense apart. and that brings me to my third and final problem
3) My pass defense was a total fail. I know this was due to my lack of any pressure on Dalton but there were still many times where I would drop back six or seven and just get worked by any player that had a ball thrown his way. I tried Zone, Man, Blitz's and all that jazz, you get the idea and not one time was I successful on actually stopping the offense unless a receiver dropped a ball or wasn't able to get two feet down before going out of bounce.

The last two problems I explained really have me asking myself do the ratings really matter? I mean come on Peppers who is a 92 I believe, getting shut down all game, without even a double team? Charles Tillman (95) and Tim Jennings (90) could do nothing productive on defense. And Lance Briggs a 94 having absolute no impact on the game. Briggs played the exact same way that MLB D.J. Williams (80) and LOLB James Anderson (82) played. Like Chris Berman says "C'mon man"!

My apologies for this long rant on just three problems I found in just one game of madden. I'm just curious if anyone has encountered any similar problems, or maybe didn't realize one of them were happening. Yes I know I really focused on the negatives but that's just simply what I took away from my experience so far. Please give me some feed back, not looking to bash Madden, just looking for a more realistic experience.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2013, 08:43 PM   #62
Blowing bubbles

Cpre5's Arena

OVR: 17

When I get pressure on the QB I see him run to the right and throw across his body to the left way to often. Wild crazy passes to the left and its completed.
Old 08-23-2013, 08:48 PM   #63
Rookie

OVR: 5

Just finished my first game, Giants (me) vs Eagles. 5 min quarters, All Madden, default everything. Some thoughts:

1) CPU offense is strong. Not sure if it's just because I'm not very good yet, but Vick tore me up on the ground on scrambles and when he did throw, he was 7/7 by the end of the game for 100+ yards. I held McCoy in check for the most part til the end of the game when he broke a 70 yarder on me, but for the most part I didn't feel like he was impossible to tackle or anything. Looking forward to seeing what happens against some of the better backs in the game.

2) I saw someone use the term "sloppy" somewhere to describe the presentation of the game, and I can't argue with that. It's just rough around the edges. Cut scene transitions aren't the smoothest and commentary is pretty brutal (Simms mocking me for going for it on 4th down trailing by a TD inside the red zone with 30 second left for example). It all just seems disjointed. This doesn't bother me nearly as much as it will some people though, heck I skip through cut scenes and presentation on The Show all the time. I just don't have more than 30-45 mins at a time to get through a game, so I generally skip alot of the fluff and half the time I'm listening to music anyway (or watching baseball or something else on my laptop) while playing regardless of the game.

3) That being said, I liked the flow of the game. It seemed like the game flew by, which by comparison I've felt like games in NCAA this year tend to drag (though I do enjoy NCAA also).

4) Default All-Madden didn't have the frustration level of years past, passing deep was hard but I did manage to hit Nicks on a deep ball where the safety seemed to bite on trying to play a short route. Hopefully this isn't going to be like NCAA with the DB glitch, but time will tell.

I can definitely see where guys who are dying for a true to life NFL sim are going to be disappointed, but at this point it's Madden, I think we all know what we're going to get each year. All in all I'm excited to play my next game and can see playing many more after that. At this point in life with my limited gaming time, I don't mind seeing some inflated offensive numbers (which sliders can probably take care of) and weak presentation aspects as long as the game is fun from snap to tackle each play, and so far so good.
Old 08-23-2013, 08:49 PM   #64
MVP

friscob's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpre5
When I get pressure on the QB I see him run to the right and throw across his body to the left way to often. Wild crazy passes to the left and its completed.
Have you turned the accuracy down at all?

Impression:
Was pleasantly surprised when I enjoyed the demo as I haven't really enjoyed a Madden game since 10 which still wasn't all that great. After downloading the early release i think it plays even better than the demo. Coverage seems to be tighter and the game feels really smooth. CPU is more competitive than anything I could ever achieve in NCAA and offline franchise w/ my roommate is going to be a blast

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »