Home

DL pressure does not exist

This is a discussion on DL pressure does not exist within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-24-2013, 09:35 AM   #25
Sitting by the door

Dice's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: DL pressure does not exist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batum Shaka Laka
Yup - sure do
Very disappointing to hear this. I'm assuming this is the case in NCAA 14 as well? Oh well, I guess I'll keep playing MLB The Show and wait for NBA 2K14 and next gen Madden.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2013, 09:39 AM   #26
All Star

azdawgpound's Arena

I don't get how ppl are saying they not getting any pressure I played game against the jags and my defense was getting all kind of pressure gabbert was under attack whole game. he was throwing ball early because he didn't have time I play on all-pro default settings.

gabbert finished the game sacked 4 times lost a fumble, int once he did throw a td late in game but again was under pressure all game long. I've gotten pressure in other games I've played so far as well.
Old 08-24-2013, 09:51 AM   #27
Sitting by the door

Dice's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by azdawgpound
I don't get how ppl are saying they not getting any pressure I played game against the jags and my defense was getting all kind of pressure gabbert was under attack whole game. he was throwing ball early because he didn't have time I play on all-pro default settings.

gabbert finished the game sacked 4 times lost a fumble, int once he did throw a td late in game but again was under pressure all game long. I've gotten pressure in other games I've played so far as well.
My problem with the last iterrations of Madden hasn't been the USER pressure but the CPU pressure. In particular, pressure only coming from the LE/LOLB instead of the RE/ROLB despite ratings.

Do yourself a favor, take the Jags and play against either the Cowboys, 49ers or Packers and see if guys like Demarcus Ware, Aldon Smith or Clay Matthews can get pressure from the defensive right side on you.
Old 08-24-2013, 09:56 AM   #28
Pro

cactusruss's Arena

OVR: 7

What game are you guys playing? I'm playing Madden 25 using Armor and Sword's custom sliders and one of my gripes with his sliders is that there seems to be a little too much DL pressure for both me and the CPU.
Old 08-24-2013, 10:09 AM   #29
So long to a Legend.

ANDROMADA 1's Arena

OVR: 65

I'm a Texan. JJ Watt is invisible/not effective most of the time. I watch all the Texans games and him being invisible is definitely not one of his attributes. And no, I don't want to user a defender just to get pressure. thats just a work around for a player that is the best at his position. He should be tearing through offensive lines at will just like real life. Good thing we got Ed Reed
Old 08-24-2013, 10:09 AM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 4

I don't know if it placebo but when I hold the precision modifier and use the R stick it seems to help the explosion.
Old 08-24-2013, 10:11 AM   #31
Pro

jmaj315's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by azdawgpound

i think thats all i had to read before i went to the next post.....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2013, 01:02 PM   #32
Banned

OVR: 28

In all honesty, I think there are a lot of guys who don't really understand the difference between getting a sack and "pressure". We have had this debate on OS countless times, and there are always the guys who say they get plenty of pressure by usering their D Lineman or that they got 5 sacks in a game.

PRESSURE IS NOT THE SAME AS SACKS

When we talk about pressure, or lack thereof, we are referring to a collapsing pocket. In the real NFL, an eternity in the pocket is 4 seconds and higher. No matter what, an NFL pocket collapses eventually after a few seconds. There will be some plays where this is not the case of course. However, teams with elite pass rushers should be collapsing the pocket consistently. QBs shouldn't be able to sit for 8-9 seconds and this happens way too often. This is a big reason why the offensive numbers are so inflated. Many good Madden players don't user the DL. They can't because the guy they are playing will scorch them on the back end. I shouldn't have to user JPP for him to pressure the QB effectively. So far in about 6 games, JPP has been a complete non factor. The only way he gets there is if I send all of my LBs. It's ridiculous. It completely neuters the strength of a team like the Giants or Lions.

This issue is a big problem in the game. If this was fixed or tuned to be more like the pass rush/pocket in NCAA, Madden 25 would be a very solid game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »