Home

Formation subs not included AGAIN!!

This is a discussion on Formation subs not included AGAIN!! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-23-2013, 02:05 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Formation subs not included AGAIN!!

The only problem that ever came out of subs like this being "permanent" means that the player(s) was locked in there until that player was no longer on your roster (or you manually changed it again). This was prevalent in 09 and it was good to not worry about it once you got to a game, but there was many situations that I wished I could toggle the sub-formations during the game that I decided I wanted to use another and couldn't easily.

However it shouldn't be hard to implement a "CUSTOM" sub formation that you can do in your play-book management screen. You assign certain players to positions in your playbook, and then during a game, you have sub-formations like "Custom, Sub-RB, HB-Slot, Backup QB, 3 WR, TE Slot" etc. So all the normal options plus your default "custom" that puts in the players you assigned to it.
Old 10-23-2013, 02:24 PM   #34
MVP

Senator Palmer's Arena

OVR: 18

I always preferred the custom packages that PS2 had to formation subs. Madden has done a good job of expanding their packages the past few years, but I still want more control over them, especially for franchise.

Sometimes I may want 3 DT's on the field. Sometimes I may want 3 DE's. Sometimes I may want to move a Suh-type player to End. I may come across a tweener SAM backer like Peter Boulware that I can use as a nickel rusher on passing downs. Who knows, but with formation subs, that kinda stuff used to get locked in, even if you right sticked to another package, so I never really found much value in straight formation subs by themselves.
Old 11-25-2013, 01:51 PM   #35
Rookie

Being fed up too that they didn't include formations subs that stick. I don't care about online use as I only play offline CFM, but that's been bugging me for ages.. I want to use my bruising FB like Tolbert in some packages, I want to use my 3rd string speedster RB in certain packages, I want to use my 300lbs DT and my 250lbs FB in an I form on the 1 inch line, etc.

Football, especially NFL is all about matchups, it's a shame that they take that away from us.. this has to be fixed
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-26-2013, 10:09 PM   #36
Pro

They took the substitutions menu out a few years back. But couldn't you make custom packages at one point where you could just scroll thru them and have whatever setup you created?
Old 11-28-2013, 07:24 AM   #37
MVP

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattinglyfan
I guess there aren't very many NCAA players in here or they would know that there are guys online who have exploited the formation subs to disconnect and glitch the game intentionally. It started happening in Madden too.
then disable for it online, but don't remove if for the rest of us that never go near online gaming
Old 11-30-2013, 06:21 AM   #38
Rookie

Angry Re: Formation subs not included AGAIN!!

The lack of formation subs is absurd. Easiest example is any team that runs a 3-4. When they give a 43 look they'll line up the OLBs at DE. Also it really affects, kick of formations, and gunners. But also being able to place certain personnel in idea formations and personnel groupings.

Also, defensive assignments needs to be brought back. Putting your number one CB on their WR, was a lot easier, previously.

Lastly, would it kill them it have a drive summary? I'd enjoy knowing that I scored after a 5:37 drive that took 12 plays and covered 78 yards. Perhaps it'd be nice to have the longest play mentioned by Phil and Jim. Instead we get ball hawk, whatever the heck that is.
Old 11-30-2013, 02:02 PM   #39
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymee13
During the first quarter you take the time and make a couple adjustments and make sure you pick a play with at least 10 seconds left on play clock. No timeout needed.
It's tedious, unnecessarily so, and not all of us make "a couple adjustments"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirkicley
The only problem that ever came out of subs like this being "permanent" means that the player(s) was locked in there until that player was no longer on your roster (or you manually changed it again). This was prevalent in 09 and it was good to not worry about it once you got to a game, but there was many situations that I wished I could toggle the sub-formations during the game that I decided I wanted to use another and couldn't easily.

However it shouldn't be hard to implement a "CUSTOM" sub formation that you can do in your play-book management screen. You assign certain players to positions in your playbook, and then during a game, you have sub-formations like "Custom, Sub-RB, HB-Slot, Backup QB, 3 WR, TE Slot" etc. So all the normal options plus your default "custom" that puts in the players you assigned to it.
That's exactly how it was in another football game, but we're not allowed to talk about that here.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »