Home

the "new" CF website

This is a discussion on the "new" CF website within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-24-2013, 09:25 AM   #1
MVP

howboutdat's Arena

OVR: 4
the "new" CF website

ok , so i'm just putting this out there. for anyone who had any high hopes of anything really new on the new CF website ea did this year. Dont expect anything other than its cleaner looking , and alittle easier to find some things. Other than that, dont expect anything. This website is about as worthless as it was last year IMO. Take this screen shot ....

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

i went under the "league " tab , clicked on player attributes, and clicked free agents to try and see a list of the qbs in FA attributes. Now notice what you get to see there. Overall , Physical, Int, Durability , Production, Speed,Size ...... You cant scroll left or right here. Those are all you get to see. I mean im looking at QBS here. Not one attribute shown for their ACC'S? really ? i mean really? Just a little taste there. If you were expecting any commish options ( other than advance week) like maybe allowing you or your players to place themselves on auto so you dont have to load the game just for that, you can forget it.The ONLY thing under that "settings" tab , is place to put your phone number.Thats it. No option to do anything else as far as a commish from site. This website is nothing new , other than its clean look and slighty easier to find things. Slighty faster , other than that, dont expect anything new here. Just giving an honest opinion on what i see from a commish standpoint on this website. Highly let down again , this website wont cut it ... guess ill be going with the better option...

Twitter
Twitch Channel
MBC Twitch Channel

Last edited by howboutdat; 08-24-2013 at 09:29 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2013, 09:30 AM   #2
Pro

Smoke316's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: the "new" CF website

What's the URL?

Modest in Speech..Superior in Action

Hit me on Twitter - SeanSemps
Old 08-24-2013, 09:34 AM   #3
MVP

howboutdat's Arena

well without having the season pass , the url wont show u anything at all . you have to have a league set up on the game and you gotta sign into origin with ur sign in info to match . here is the website http://www.easports.com/madden-nfl/connected-franchise . but again without having the early pass, and a league already set up on game, you wont be able to really play with the site. but i am able to , and as a commish im HIGHLY let down by this website and its lack of function for a commish.As stated above, not too fond of the looking at numerous FA'S ( and all players really) attributes but only allowed to see a few that dont even make that much difference. it is faster.... but doesnt do anything new, so faster at doing not much isnt impressive to me .

Twitter
Twitch Channel
MBC Twitch Channel
Old 08-24-2013, 09:49 AM   #4
MVP

howboutdat's Arena

Another grand thing i just saw, if you try to spend your xp on ur players attributes, be ready to do alot of flipping back n fourth. When you go to spend xp on a player, this year, it wont even tell you to start off with what your player's current attribute is, and what youll be upgrading it to when you buy something . Instead, they want you to click attributes , look at the specific one , then go back to spend xp page and then hit buy package. Then if you want to upgrade another spot , you'll have to go back to attributes n look it up , or write them all down at once. either way a pain ..... nice job EA!

Twitter
Twitch Channel
MBC Twitch Channel
Old 08-24-2013, 08:25 PM   #5
Pro

Smoke316's Arena

OVR: 14

i was just going to ask you what exactly cant you do? i was checked the site it loks much cleaner than the last one that forced the legacy score on you from the jump. Upgrading attributes can be very annoying if thats the way you have to do it. Lets see when things kick off how it goes.

Modest in Speech..Superior in Action

Hit me on Twitter - SeanSemps
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2013, 09:42 PM   #6
MVP

howboutdat's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke316
i was just going to ask you what exactly cant you do? i was checked the site it loks much cleaner than the last one that forced the legacy score on you from the jump. Upgrading attributes can be very annoying if thats the way you have to do it. Lets see when things kick off how it goes.
yeah , i agree , and said originally its cleaner , and faster loading. however ,if we can advance the week from the site, we really should be able to put people on auto , or let them do it themselves. shouldnt be that hard to program in.should allow people to do draft from the site as well at the least of let us set up true draft boards, so if a person has to miss draft they can at least set up the first 15 peps or so they want cpu to pick if available. the spending XP issue i mentioned above will really be frustrating i feel. having to go back in fourth ,from atttributes page back to spend xp page shouldnt even be an issue to begin with. But instead they figure, lets leave this out.... Its also no functions at all for a commish on the site, and anything a commish can do from console , needs to be on site so commish dont have to just load the game just to do something for a minute. especially putting someone on auto. it doesnt say beta no more , so i feel like this is what we are getting this year.......

Twitter
Twitch Channel
MBC Twitch Channel

Last edited by howboutdat; 08-24-2013 at 09:44 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »