Home

Season ticket vs Retail

This is a discussion on Season ticket vs Retail within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-24-2013, 10:22 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 9
Season ticket vs Retail

Can someone who has retail copy test the season ticket game to notice difference? A few people are starting to notice the PS3 patch messed the game up big time, but a buddy of mine who has PS3 retail is saying game plays smooth and he wouldn't say that unless it did
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2013, 10:38 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 7
Well I have the 360 disc version as well as the season ticket for the PS3. With the Xbox copy, I don't go online so I am unsure if there is also a patch for it. On the other hand, the season ticket download for the PlayStation is patched. Two obvious things I notice between them. On the ps3, gameplay is sloppier and just feels off and the player graphics are not as smooth looking. I think that is because the patch fixes the invisible players, but in the process downgrades the player models on the field. All I know is that I keep going back to the 360 version.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
Old 08-24-2013, 11:19 PM   #3
Rookie

kiz5's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Season ticket vs Retail

We gave up playing on the retail version last night. It kept asking us to install 1.01 and when we would, it failed constantly. Once it finally installed, it was slow, and froze a bunch of times. Slowed things down as well.

Been playing on 360 with the retail version today and have had absolutely no issues.
Madden gamer since 93, Madden Online Record: 252-31, #360 overall
NCAA gamer since 2002
Old 08-24-2013, 11:25 PM   #4
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

What about gameplay specific differences

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Old 08-25-2013, 12:07 AM   #5
Rookie

kiz5's Arena

OVR: 3

Didn't bother with the Season Ticket download for this. Had the copy since early in the week. Sorry.
Madden gamer since 93, Madden Online Record: 252-31, #360 overall
NCAA gamer since 2002
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2013, 12:30 AM   #6
Pro

willIam9387's Arena

OVR: 10

I think it has something to do with the consoles because on the PS3 it's a really wonky experience, the graphics are really downgraded and the game just feels very unpolished. I remember one year I played madden on both systems and the difference was really striking as to how both games played.

The invisible player glitch concerns me because it means that the builds for both systems when they were determined ready for demoing were different and one was superior to the other. This difference seems to me there isn't a focus on making sure Madden plays the same on both consoles, so who knows what else is different. I know the port from 360 to ps3 isn't an easy one, so some things might get lost in the process and deficiences the PS3 version compared to the 360 version might appear.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »