Home

Just won the superbowl or Did I?

This is a discussion on Just won the superbowl or Did I? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-25-2013, 07:42 PM   #49
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Just won the superbowl or Did I?

Does anyone know if its only the cut scenes or does Madden actually think the other team won? It would be beyond awful if after the game you went back to the home screen and it showed the losers as the winners and the losing team's player having an Superbowl MVP stat during his name.

Really thinking about picking up Madden 12 since I've actually never played it but how bad was the shoulder pad glitch? Its one of the things that kept me from getting it just because I'm stupid like that but I'm wondering how much I would notice?
Old 08-25-2013, 07:45 PM   #50
MVP

cusefan74's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcef2005
Does anyone know if its only the cut scenes or does Madden actually think the other team won? It would be beyond awful if after the game you went back to the home screen and it showed the losers as the winners and the losing team's player having an Superbowl MVP stat during his name.

Really thinking about picking up Madden 12 since I've actually never played it but how bad was the shoulder pad glitch? Its one of the things that kept me from getting it just because I'm stupid like that but I'm wondering how much I would notice?

I would have never noticed the shoulder pad thing if I hadn't read about it, but that's just me.
Old 08-25-2013, 08:04 PM   #51
MVP

NewscasterNews4's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcef2005

I would pick it up if I was you, best game on this gen. A real transactions log, 32 team control, imported draft classes; all the "new" features in M25 were all in this game especially the team that won the Super Bowl celebrating instead of the losing team.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2013, 10:46 PM   #52
Pro

kwpit79's Arena

OVR: 8

Does EA know about this? Have they acknowledged it?
Old 08-25-2013, 11:47 PM   #53
MVP

After what? Eight years of this garbage? I'm kind of like...

Old 08-26-2013, 12:00 AM   #54
Banned

goravens2052's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by cusefan74
I would have never noticed the shoulder pad thing if I hadn't read about it, but that's just me.
This is a good point. How many of us would actually not notice glitches or bugs if you didn't read about it first?
Old 08-26-2013, 12:01 AM   #55
Banned

goravens2052's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by cusefan74
I've said it before and I will say it again.....This game comes out every year and it needs to be every other year. It has got to be really tough to put together a game and test it trying to get things right and get everything done in a year. I'm not making excuses for EA because god knows they have had enough time to get it right. I also know that they will never make it an every other year game, but think about how much better it could be if they would do that.

I know everyone is gonna say, "Well if there was some competition then things would be better." Yes that would help, but the only way to really make EA notice is to stop buying the game every year. Make them feel it were it hurts, in their pocket. Competition would help a lot with that, but us as gamers have to step up and say "I'm not buying your crap football game anymore." Even if that means playing a game that is 2 or 3 years old. I'm going back to 12 because it has cpu vs cpu.

Until something like these things happen and EA starts to feel it were it hurts, we are gonna keep getting sub par Madden games. I know everyone is excited for the next gen consoles and they can't wait to see what Madden is like on them. Do you really expect better?
All I'm saying is this, I skipped Madden 13 and essentially took the every other year approach to buying the game. Been playing Madden 12 with updated rosters. Played the Madden 25 demo and it felt like a new enough game for me to say I'm going to enjoy it as much as I did Madden 12.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2013, 01:33 AM   #56
Rookie

mkalka83's Arena

OVR: 0

I feel stupid taking this personal anymore, I mean with the day-one garbage that's been released with this generation system Madden titles there are way too many of us that aren't even close to surprised. Then again, I've been a Madden gamer back to Madden '94, so I can't help wanting to smack around a few developers/programmers when I see a 10% effort being put into the game I used to love. With these kinds of mistakes these idiots just have no shame anymore.

Bottom line is what's broken may be addressed, if enough people complain... The few things they get right and make the game enjoyable will soon be changed, because they're afraid of not making changes and having the game become "stale or boring" (even if their definition of "stale and boring" equals "unbroken and playable" to us).

Another year of remembering back to Madden '05 & '06 where they actually took the time to make a football game I didn't want to stop playing, ever. I miss the PS2 gen days when they actually gave a crap...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »