Home

CPU gone haywire in Connected Franchise

This is a discussion on CPU gone haywire in Connected Franchise within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-25-2013, 07:30 PM   #25
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: CPU gone haywire in Connected Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unlucky 13
Peyton Manning, IRL, will almost certainly be retired no later than following the 2014 season. Brady is also old for an NFL player, so despite his claims that he'll play well into his 40s, its not in any way suprising to see the game have a player in his situation retire in that time frame as well.

Drew Brees retired after the 2012! season in both of the franchises I played in Madden 13, so thats not anything new. I dont see him doing that IRL.

Rothlisberger and Rivers are both entering the final quarter of their careers. While neither is likely to retire that soon IRL, its not unheard of either.

Ponder? Maybe it was because he sucked? Rookie contract up and no one signed him as a UFA?

Ben & Drew would not leave that much money on the table by retiring so soon
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2013, 07:35 PM   #26
Banned

OVR: 7

Tom Brady isnt retiring in 2016...unless he tears his other ACL lol..

Also, could someone explain 32 team control to me? Is it time consuming? Is it worth it?
Old 08-25-2013, 07:41 PM   #27
MVP

NewscasterNews4's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealHST
Tom Brady isnt retiring in 2016...unless he tears his other ACL lol..

Also, could someone explain 32 team control to me? Is it time consuming? Is it worth it?
32 team control is time consuming, but it is worth it. Like in KBLover's M13 CCM, stuff will happen where RG3 is given a 97 Million dollar contract to sit on the bench behind Cam Newton. So, if you have lots of time, do 32 team control. Madden is unplayable without it to me.
Old 08-25-2013, 08:02 PM   #28
Banned

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewscasterNews4
32 team control is time consuming, but it is worth it. Like in KBLover's M13 CCM, stuff will happen where RG3 is given a 97 Million dollar contract to sit on the bench behind Cam Newton. So, if you have lots of time, do 32 team control. Madden is unplayable without it to me.
Thanks for the info. I think I will do it for some teams but not all.
Old 08-25-2013, 08:07 PM   #29
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by whaley
Can you provide more context? How was each player's productivity? Did the team hit salary cap problems? It's not out of this world at all for teams to release vets who *used* to be big names if they are underperforming and past their peak *and* that team is trying to manage its salary cap number.
100% Agree!

If this was Madden 11 people would be SCREAMING that the game was BROKEN if the Jets TRADED Darrelle Revis to Tampa Bay!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-25-2013, 08:11 PM   #30
Banned

OVR: 25

32 team control. Isn't that time consuming until u get to the off season. But even then you only do what u must or just fix certain teams before per season.

Been doing 32 team control ever since we could. Makes madden more immersive.... For me anyway

In M25 all the story feeds update. Like when I traded Flynn to the cards when both their QBs went down. Both teams we addressed. " jets get Flynn to help with depth" and " Pryor promoted to stater..." Etc. sorts cool.
Old 08-25-2013, 08:21 PM   #31
All Star

SmashMan's Arena

OVR: 14

To really comment, we'd need the whole context. This happens all the time on the forums for The Show. These video games see numbers (stats, age, salary) - not real-life name value/recognition.

Madden has definitely had crappy team management logic in the past, but we need more of a sample size (or more context to this specific league) to judge Madden 25's logic.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2013, 08:24 PM   #32
Rookie

wtd03's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SA1NT401
32 team control. Isn't that time consuming until u get to the off season. But even then you only do what u must or just fix certain teams before per season.

Been doing 32 team control ever since we could. Makes madden more immersive.... For me anyway

In M25 all the story feeds update. Like when I traded Flynn to the cards when both their QBs went down. Both teams we addressed. " jets get Flynn to help with depth" and " Pryor promoted to stater..." Etc. sorts cool.
Yea I restarted my franchise with 32 team control. We will see how this goes. Normal just is unplayable and not fun at all. Too many rookies starting and proven pros being released

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »