Home

Ball hawk and heat seeker

This is a discussion on Ball hawk and heat seeker within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-28-2013, 10:15 PM   #25
Rookie

SpartanBaller's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Ball hawk and heat seeker

Does anyone ever use the defense assist button? If so when does it help to use it the most?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2013, 07:44 AM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 4

I use the 5-2 defense blitz play all the time. I control the LE DE and attack. My RE DE and blitzing LB gets a lot of sacks. U get beat once In awhile deep but most of time play good defense. If they they start to run well or use screens make blitzing LB and have him double the running back with the other LB.
Old 09-29-2013, 08:11 AM   #27
Pro

baller7345's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by dat swag
X = Dive tackle then?
Tap X = Dive Tackle
Hold X = Wrap Up Tackle
Hold X and Left Stick in Direction of Ball Carrier = Heat Seeker
Hold Hit Stick Towards Ball Carrier = Heat Seeker
Flick Up on Hit stick = Big Hit Above Waist
Flick Down on Hit Stick = Big Hit Below Waist
Tap Y = Attempt Catch
Tap LB = Attempt Swat
Hold Y = Ball Hawk Controlled Catch
Hold LB = Ball Hawk Controlled Swat
Hold A = Defensive Assist Control

Ball Hawk, Heat Seeker, and Switch Assist all turn themselves off on the All Madden difficulty.

Last edited by baller7345; 09-29-2013 at 08:16 AM.
Old 09-29-2013, 01:35 PM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 0

Am I the only one who misses Madden when you use to have to time your jump for the user ints instead of just holding down triangle while running down the field hoping you pressed it in enough time for your defender to make a jump for the ball? I've been beaten by both user and cpu deep balls so many times because I didn't hold triangle when the ball was at it's peak so my defender just runs after the receiver and watches him catch the ball.
Old 09-29-2013, 07:49 PM   #29
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by allhailben7
The ball hawk is really killing me in franchise...

Why do I spend big money in the offseason on DBs, only to have almost no shot at user INTs.

As the Browns, I now have TJ Ward (93 SS), Joe Haden (92 CB), Tim Jennings (90 CB), Trumaine Johnson (84 CB with 91 MCV) and Tyrann Mathieu (now an 80 for me, with great ball skills) and it really ticks me off to switch to them on streaks when they are in position just to see them not jump to make a play.

I have almost 85's across the board on defense, with good Coverage LBs and I'm 31st in the league on defense, last against the pass.
Lol, I think you are the only person I have heard on here trying to get MORE interceptions. I am trying to do all I can (slider wise) to stop the CPU from throwing a truckload of picks every game.

NFL average is .9 ints per team per game......I do not user any DBs and I lead the league in INTs with custom sliders and the lackluster Vikings defensive secondary.

It's always something with this game.....
Old 09-29-2013, 09:18 PM   #30
Pro

Ampking101's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sturzinator
Lol, I think you are the only person I have heard on here trying to get MORE interceptions. I am trying to do all I can (slider wise) to stop the CPU from throwing a truckload of picks every game.

NFL average is .9 ints per team per game......I do not user any DBs and I lead the league in INTs with custom sliders and the lackluster Vikings defensive secondary.

It's always something with this game.....

All-Madden that'll fix your problem I have to fight for any ints. Especially if you use default All-Madden.

Old 09-30-2013, 12:59 AM   #31
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ampking101
All-Madden that'll fix your problem I have to fight for any ints. Especially if you use default All-Madden.
Hmmm...I am playing at a "custom" all madden level, but I have not tried default.

I will give that a shot. Thanks for the info.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2013, 03:45 AM   #32
Pro

Ampking101's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sturzinator
Hmmm...I am playing at a "custom" all madden level, but I have not tried default.

I will give that a shot. Thanks for the info.

It should fix the int problem. It also should make it much more difficult to stop the run.

I play with Charters official OS sliders in one franchise and easily get at least 1 Int a game if not 3 or 4 a game. On default All-madden though I can go 3 or more games without an int if not more at times. I usually use the Falcons.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »