Home

My own personal Madden 25 review...for those who care

This is a discussion on My own personal Madden 25 review...for those who care within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-26-2013, 09:53 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
My own personal Madden 25 review...for those who care

Hey Guys,

Since I have season ticket I thought I would highlight a few of the things I observed about this game. I really want to like this game but these things are making it difficult.

1.) Sideline catches. They actually seemed better in the demo then they do on the finished release!!!! I cant even count how many times I have had a receive catch the ball now 3-4 yards from the sideline (Plenty of time to take at least two steps with each foot, and do this funky animation where he somehow takes two steps with his left foot but does not put down his right foot. What is he hopping to the sideline?!?! I have watched countless replays and sure enough he catches the ball and plants his left and somehow takes two steps with the same foot without ever putting the right foot down.

2.) The offensive players are just flat out faster then the defensive players! Say what you want about the heat seeker and how it supposed to balance out the speed burst button you have given the offense, its simply not true. If an offensive player had even 3-5 feet of space and speed bursts your not catching him.

3.) User control on the defense feels laggy and unresponsive. I know everyone has been complaining about computer AI in zone defenses not being up to par with the offenses, but you should be able to somewhat make zone defenses play sufficient with good user skill (I consider myself to have really decent user skills). Even when you manually switch to the defender closest to the receiver there seems to be a general slowness to get off your blocks (coaches always tell defensive players to play on your toes BTW). I would not call it a lag but it is definitely not responsive in relation to the speed of my brain. This is not just for ballhawk, the defender seems to be slow getting out of there breaks to make a tackle. The offense just feels flat out more reactive and aware than the defense.

4.) Why is every quarterback in the league able to run the option so well???

4A.) Why is Peyton Manning Running the option???

4B.) Why is Peyton Manning outrunning 80% of my defense???

Now to a couple of problems I have noticed with my favorite mode Connected Careers. I am a life long Franchise fan, and it has been my favorite mode to play since Madden 2001.

1.) Although I like where they were going with CC last year, the same problems I had with it last year are still in it this year. My number 1 problem is it takes too damn long to play!!!! I like to simulate games and only play important ones. It takes almost a 15-25 minutes to get through each week. Now I know owner mode is supposed to be super expansive, which I have no problem with, but why must I be forced to practice every week just to get the full amount of XP boost for my players??? At least give us the ability to simulate the practice results. The old madden franchise had a good thing going on, there was a practice mode for those who wanted to practice. Sorry I like playing real games and don't want to spend 5-7 minutes a week practicing. It is annoying.

2.) Unrealistic Stats in Franchise!!! I only played one full season which is a small sample size but here are some of the results I saw:

A.) Too many interceptions for touchdowns. I was using the Raiders and Mike Jenkins had three pick sixes, Charles Woodson had two, and I had five other guys on my team with at least 1.

B.) Not enough sacks. Julius Peppers lead the league with 24, and Shea Mclellan (Lol) came in second with 16. Then there was only two more players with at least 10 sacks. So not only is hard getting pressure on the quarterback manually, when you simulate it seems the computer is having problems as well. What did all those sacks do for the Bears? They finished at 6-10 and missed the playoffs lol.

C.) Not one quarterback came close to reaching 5,000 yards. Peyton Manning lead the league with 4,500 and some change.

D.) Not one quarterback even approached 40 TD's. Russell Wilson Lead the league with 33 and Peyton Manning was the only other quarterback to break 30. Completion percentage seemed to become normal when simulating but every quarterback in the league seems to sucks in the red zone.

E.) Why the hell was the super bowl between the Chiefs and Lions??? I know both teams have extreme potential but whoever took the betting odds that these two teams would be playing in February got rich.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2013, 09:57 AM   #2
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: My own personal Madden 25 review...for those who care

Use the impressions thread

Sent from my iPhone 5

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »