Home

Practice mode will ruin your franchise

This is a discussion on Practice mode will ruin your franchise within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-28-2013, 02:42 PM   #9
MVP

LorenzoDC's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Practice mode will ruin your franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robo COP
I don't think you guys are understanding what I'm saying. EVERY PLAYER on your roster gets this whenever you play as an owner or coach. That means backups. So yea, attributes tend to cost more once they hit the the 80s, but every player can hit the 80s in awr, catching etc and that means that 5th string WR/CBs are going to be 80 overall by year 2/3. That's a powerhouse. When the backups to your backups could start on half the teams in the league, there's a problem
I haven't seen this year's game, but last year, a bunch of high tool rookies had awareness under 30. You could keep upgrading AWR, but it would take years to get them to 80, even with practicing. The points get more expensive up the scale.

Awareness counts more than any other attribute for Overall, but that doesn't necessarily mean the player is much better relative to the value of other attributes that don't increase OVR as much but that cost more.

So actually, I don't think you're hearing what everyone else is saying: you can't make a blanket statement about the development system based on the total points you can get from practicing without looking at how the upgrade costs system is put together based on value of attribute for each position and age of player and regression of player based on age.

You may be right, it may be unbalanced. But nothing you have said proves it one way or another.

Last edited by LorenzoDC; 08-28-2013 at 03:08 PM.
Old 08-28-2013, 03:02 PM   #10
MVP

BrianU's Arena

OVR: 2

Tweets from @Josh_looman about this from another dude:

@Josh_Looman Hey Josh, just curious. Thought process on 2k XP/week for the whole team in practice? Seems like low-end XP costs scaled down

@Josh_Looman (cont.) from last year so 70 OVR guys all progress insanely fast if you do a practice each week.

@Josh_Looman Love the idea of more guys breaking out but don't necessarily want my whole team rated between 84 and 94 OVR.

@TheMattRoberts We definitely wanted to give everybody the ability to develp young players and backups since practice is a grind.

@TheMattRoberts Once those ratings get into the 80s, they'll be much harder to progress. The feedback we got last year was not enough XP.

@Josh_Looman Gotcha. I hope you look at tweaking XP costs up a bit at lower values though. Practice can take all of 5 minutes and get

@Josh_Looman ... more xp than playing a full game. One practice and bumping up zone coverage 5 points afterward seems a bit much IMO.

@TheMattRoberts The main feedback we got was that players should develop more from practice than games. I worked with the comm. guys on XP.

@Josh_Looman Just providing feedback though. I just like to see one guy breaking out rather than all my 70ish rated guys over 80 in one year

@TheMattRoberts Got it. great feedback!
Old 08-28-2013, 03:05 PM   #11
Rookie

gamecocksc17's Arena

OVR: 0

in the words of the great ai.......

PRACTICE?.....
practice?.......

we talkin bout practice..........

not a GAME. PRACTICE.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2013, 03:06 PM   #12
Banned

I never practice.

I channel my inner Iverson.

EDIT: DAMN Gamecocks...ya beat me by .3434234 seconds
Old 08-28-2013, 03:09 PM   #13
Pro

ajk49er's Arena

OVR: 2

stuff like this, stuff like legacy score and not being able to get certain positions you draft a player at, into the hall of fame without some insane super bowl record win total.

for whatever reason, qb's have a completion percentage from 35-50 in sim stats.

there is a lot of stuff that seems like they don't even test it once, as I found about 5-10 things like this that we all sat here moaning about, that are still broken.

they really need to fix this stuff for realism sake.

most of these problems come down to ratings being the real issue, and XP points still not making any sense, and legacy score still not making sense. they have yet to figure out a correct formula here. so much for it has to be perfect before they put it back in.
Old 08-28-2013, 03:31 PM   #14
Banned

OVR: 1

I admit I complained about the way Backup players were handled in M13. It was just far too hard to get a guy into a game..but I was complaining about Pre-season games(Like the 1st Pre-season game of the season and me as a 3rd string QB does not get a single snap - 2nd PSG and not a single snap, etc. - I KNOW that is my chance to shine and gain XP but not if I don't get any reps. I'm not thinking I can jump from 3rd to 1st but if myself and the 2nd string are rated the same but I am behind him because of our names alphebetically I think I should b able to do something in PRESEASON that gives me a CHANCE to move up to #2) and the redundant of the practices. I did not want them just to Quad the amount of XP you get for practicing. I read that a while back and thought..."Dumb...you missed the point entirely EA."

Sad to see this. I want to earn my spot but at the same time not be insanely boring. New mini games to work on your position, like running routes, etc. variations in practice types - pads, no pads, etc.

Last edited by rtkiii; 08-28-2013 at 03:37 PM.
Old 08-28-2013, 03:35 PM   #15
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robo COP
I don't think you guys are understanding what I'm saying. EVERY PLAYER on your roster gets this whenever you play as an owner or coach. That means backups. So yea, attributes tend to cost more once they hit the the 80s, but every player can hit the 80s in awr, catching etc and that means that 5th string WR/CBs are going to be 80 overall by year 2/3. That's a powerhouse. When the backups to your backups could start on half the teams in the league, there's a problem
Why not just limit how many times you practice each year? Once every 4 games, 8 games, or whatever?

*is that something that can be done? Would it matter?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2013, 03:41 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 1

PRACTICE.....WE ARE TALKING ABOUT PRACTICE....NOT THE GAME...NOT THE GAME...PRACTICE!!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »