Home

Bad News for Custom Playbooks in CCM!

This is a discussion on Bad News for Custom Playbooks in CCM! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-28-2013, 07:17 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Bad News for Custom Playbooks in CCM!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianU
You did a great job with NBA2k playbooks I look forward to your work. I switched over to ps3 anyway you could document the plays you add/remove/rate in a spreadsheet for us ps3 guys?

Before all this work is done can someone CONFIRM that this fix above works in franchise mode? Does it work on ps3 also? If someone could just take a teams playbook, put all 5 star wildcat plays in their 1st down situations, do the controller trick and select that CUSTOM playbook for the CPU and play the game and tell us if the CPU plays that way according to the gameplan you setup?

Assuming this works that will secure my purchase of M25. I dream of removing Engage Eights and all out blitzes on 3rd downs from the CPUs playbooks. It seems the CPU offensive gameplans are more accurate this year but still the defenses all play the same generic uninspired sometimes boneheaded way. It would be great if a team like the Seahawks with their 2 standout corners played more Man while a team like the 49ers played more zone, maybe now it's possible.

Is there a limit on the amount of custom playbooks you can create?
So I made a playbook of all wildcat. Use the 2 controller method for ps3. Set controller 1 to user team, change playbook and move controller 2 to CPU team put in all wildcat playbook. Move controller back to center , game starts and it's starts to glitch after kickoff. All the offensive players get into a scrum and do not separate. ( I put this in bugs and glitches forum already). So then I tried something else. I took the same approach but backed out after selecting CPU team playbook and reentered game not touching CPU controller. Game started up fine, but playbook did not stick. I just spent 4 hours editing all CPU playbooks to remove the verts and engage eights. This is absolutely pissing me off
Old 08-28-2013, 07:35 AM   #10
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by angels28
So I made a playbook of all wildcat. Use the 2 controller method for ps3. Set controller 1 to user team, change playbook and move controller 2 to CPU team put in all wildcat playbook. Move controller back to center , game starts and it's starts to glitch after kickoff. All the offensive players get into a scrum and do not separate. ( I put this in bugs and glitches forum already). So then I tried something else. I took the same approach but backed out after selecting CPU team playbook and reentered game not touching CPU controller. Game started up fine, but playbook did not stick. I just spent 4 hours editing all CPU playbooks to remove the verts and engage eights. This is absolutely pissing me off
What if you try:
Team select screen: have one controller on each team and assign playbook - go to game
Game start: Kick off with one controller and return with the other controller
Then after kickoff switch one controller back to cpu.

See if that avoids the glitch
Old 08-28-2013, 07:39 AM   #11
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdm27
What if you try:
Team select screen: have one controller on each team and assign playbook - go to game
Game start: Kick off with one controller and return with the other controller
Then after kickoff switch one controller back to cpu.

See if that avoids the glitch

Actually tried that. Game played fine but I could not figure out how to put controller back in middle. I could not find the screen
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2013, 07:40 AM   #12
Pro

Quote:
Actually tried that. Game played fine but I could not figure out how to put controller back in middle. I could not find the screen
It's usually on the menu.... game settings > choose sides

Weird if it's been removed.
Old 08-28-2013, 07:42 AM   #13
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdm27
It's usually on the menu.... game settings > choose sides

Weird if it's been removed.
I could not find it. I believe it's been removed
Old 08-28-2013, 08:29 AM   #14
MVP

BrianU's Arena

OVR: 2

That is such a sham. Doesn't matter how good they make the AI if they make bonehead playcalls.. This has to be the laziest dev team ever. They don't even give a damn. Who cares about custom playbooks.. you know who cares? The idiot gamechangers that created nano blitzes, that is their audience. Custom gameplans for CPU teams would instantly make this the best madden ever. They had a revolutionary design philosphy for the connected careers last year that was very impressive yet they still drop the ball on the little things. The freaking wind STILL displays the wrong direction...... how is that not fixed in 3 years? They implement features half-assed, it's frustrating.

They had the right idea combining Superstar, Offline franchise, and online franchise which were 3 modes that were divided and made it difficult for them to update each one every year, but they fail to see the need to separate User vs User gameplay from User vs CPU. Custom playbooks and madden share are irrelevant for guys who play the CPU when it could be gamechanging. Customization is #1 in sports games. Sports games are and will NEVER be tuned properly out of the box, because they are tuned for online gameplay. We shouldn't have to rely on developers to get things right, the community will always put in more effort and be more accurate. We have unlimited resources and time. Unlock CPU gameplans to us and you will have 32 teams playing exactly as they do in the real season. I shouldn't have to rely on a madden dev team member who is overworked to get the playbooks/gameplans 100% accurate. If he messes up or has a bias about how a team plays (we all do) then we are stuck with that for the entire season. Give us the tools and we will make every aspect better.

We should have total control over how the game plays offline and how WE play it. This is the reason The Show is a gem. They have 4 different control schemes that all offer different gameplay and ability to tune for Batting and also for Pitching. It's like a sandbox. Sliders are not enough, not to mention they actually took some away when they should be adding more. They added separate user/CPU sliders for special teams for Play Now but it's still global in CFM. Play Now and CFM should have the exact same experience, it's still divergent luckily not as bad as the monstrosity that was last year.. The game is designed and marketed for the user vs user experience and so we suffer.

No way in hell are they getting me to buy this recycled junk for full price. See ya next year!

Last edited by BrianU; 08-28-2013 at 08:42 AM.
Old 08-28-2013, 08:42 AM   #15
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
I could not find it. I believe it's been removed
No it hasnt. Its under Controls....Controller Select.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2013, 08:54 AM   #16
Rookie

I hope you are right. I'm checking when I get home.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »