Home

Bad News for Custom Playbooks in CCM!

This is a discussion on Bad News for Custom Playbooks in CCM! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-27-2013, 09:39 PM   #1
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44
Bad News for Custom Playbooks in CCM!

So it doesnt look like you can assign a custom playbook to a CPU in CCM in Madden 25 on X360.

I've tried everything:

- The two controller trick doesnt work because playbooks are attached to your gamertag. So when I go to the controller select screen, only my controller can access my playbooks. The second controller cant access it because it isnt tied to my gamertag

- I tried starting a 32 team CCM and assigning a custom playbook to each team through the coaches gameplan but that doesnt work because custom playbooks dont show up in that screen....only at the game controller select screen.

I dont know what else to do and I'm really disappointed that this doenst work this year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2013, 10:31 PM   #2
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Bad News for Custom Playbooks in CCM!

So we're back to where they broke this after Patch 3/4 of Madden 11...

You had to create a non-Live profile on your 360 and use Modio/Horizon to copy over all of your GamePlans from the primary profile to your non-Live profile.

A hassle to deal with, but if we have 32-team control then it should at least be a workaround.
Old 08-27-2013, 10:33 PM   #3
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by youALREADYknow
So we're back to where they broke this after Patch 3/4 of Madden 11...

You had to create a non-Live profile on your 360 and use Modio/Horizon to copy over all of your GamePlans from the primary profile to your non-Live profile.

A hassle to deal with, but if we have 32-team control then it should at least be a workaround.
Do you have instructions on how to do this? As annoying as this is I'm just looking for a solution.
Old 08-27-2013, 10:48 PM   #4
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Do you have instructions on how to do this? As annoying as this is I'm just looking for a solution.
1. Create all of your GamePlans on your primary profile and Save both Profile and GamePlans to USB Drive.
2. Put USB Drive in computer.
3. Install Modio or Horizon. I prefer Modio. Link: http://www.game-tuts.com/community/modio.php
4. You will save the files from your USB onto your computer, then copy them back onto the USB Drive by placing them into the 2nd (non-Live) profile. Link: http://www.ehow.com/how_10012837_use...ave-modio.html
5. Now when you get back into Madden, you will have Controller 1 on your XBOX Live Profile and Controller 2 on your non-Live Profile.
6. At Controller Select in Franchise Mode, you should see the same GamePlans now for both controllers.

The hassle is that you have to go through that whole process again every time you modify a GamePlan or you'll end up out of sync (but you would still be able to play the games).

This trick worked for Play Now mode in Madden 13 as well, but not in CCM since we couldn't bring Custom GamePlans into the mode.
Old 08-27-2013, 11:10 PM   #5
All Star

inkcil's Arena

OVR: 23

aholbert32,

the custom playbook also includes the "5 star system" for play frequency/tendency, right?

YAK,

does this fix work for ps3 as well?

Can people use this fix and share the playbooks through Madden share?

Now Playing:

XB1 (Forza Motorsport 6 and Horizon 2)
Switch (Mario Kart and Zelda)
PS3 (old 2k games and the Show)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2013, 11:28 PM   #6
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by inkcil
aholbert32,

the custom playbook also includes the "5 star system" for play frequency/tendency, right?

YAK,

does this fix work for ps3 as well?

Can people use this fix and share the playbooks through Madden share?
Yep but I'm not sure how good the 5 star system works.

You can share them through Madden share. I'm going to work on some of them tonight. I'm starting with just removing every Four Verticals play from each playbook. The CPU calls them too much.
Old 08-28-2013, 01:07 AM   #7
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Yep but I'm not sure how good the 5 star system works.

You can share them through Madden share. I'm going to work on some of them tonight. I'm starting with just removing every Four Verticals play from each playbook. The CPU calls them too much.
I'm onboard with starting a 32 team playbook project for GamePlanning if we can round up a few people.

I was in the process of doing that for M11 when they dropped that game breaking patch, so I've been waiting for this day ever since then.

The star rating system is probably the most important CPU AI element of this game and the defaults are still all over the place for most of these teams. Madden 13 played a pretty good game of football in Play Now with proper GamePlans so I'm sure Madden 25 will be even better.
Old 08-28-2013, 06:24 AM   #8
MVP

BrianU's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by youALREADYknow
I'm onboard with starting a 32 team playbook project for GamePlanning if we can round up a few people.

I was in the process of doing that for M11 when they dropped that game breaking patch, so I've been waiting for this day ever since then.

The star rating system is probably the most important CPU AI element of this game and the defaults are still all over the place for most of these teams. Madden 13 played a pretty good game of football in Play Now with proper GamePlans so I'm sure Madden 25 will be even better.
You did a great job with NBA2k playbooks I look forward to your work. I switched over to ps3 anyway you could document the plays you add/remove/rate in a spreadsheet for us ps3 guys?

Before all this work is done can someone CONFIRM that this fix above works in franchise mode? Does it work on ps3 also? If someone could just take a teams playbook, put all 5 star wildcat plays in their 1st down situations, do the controller trick and select that CUSTOM playbook for the CPU and play the game and tell us if the CPU plays that way according to the gameplan you setup?

Assuming this works that will secure my purchase of M25. I dream of removing Engage Eights and all out blitzes on 3rd downs from the CPUs playbooks. It seems the CPU offensive gameplans are more accurate this year but still the defenses all play the same generic uninspired sometimes boneheaded way. It would be great if a team like the Seahawks with their 2 standout corners played more Man while a team like the 49ers played more zone, maybe now it's possible.

Is there a limit on the amount of custom playbooks you can create?

Last edited by BrianU; 08-28-2013 at 07:03 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »