Home

Delete the patch!

This is a discussion on Delete the patch! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-28-2013, 10:55 PM   #49
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64
Re: Delete the patch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SECElit3
News flash fellas! I don't really have anything to prove to you nor do I care to try. Especially, when you have placed little to no effort in trying to see for yourself. Go ahead and play the game as you want. I am simply stating what I see. Either try for yourself or don't... Doesn't matter to me one bit. I have stated what I see and feel. If you like it with the patch, play with the patch, but don't come here and try to trash me like I have no idea what I am talking about, because I have been back and forth between the two and I can tell a difference. Unlike, you I am putting forth the effort to try to find out for myself, instead of letting others do the work for me.
Wow? Why so defensive?

Who trashed you? I haven't seen anything negative posted your way at all. Just questions.

You come in here and post over and over again about how great the game is with the patch. Great totally appreciate the info.. I'd like to hear some specifics so that I would be able to compare notes and see if I notice the same thing.

Not sure what's driving you to be so defensive, nor why you don't want to post anything specific.

Last edited by bkrich83; 08-28-2013 at 11:00 PM.
Old 08-28-2013, 10:57 PM   #50
Rookie

OVR: 0

Hey there!, I have the PS3 version and have noticed a significant slowdown post patch.

What i have noticed WITH the 1.01 patch:

30-45 seconds delay after selecting a menu option ( doesn't mattter what menu)

machine will physically lock up and reboot randomly.

Frequent disconnects from the EA Server.

It makes my $99 version of Madden unplayable.

I have since removed the patch and am going offline with none of the pre mentioned issues.

PS3 Slim, upgraded 500 GB hard drive fwiw.

I regularly play Rockstar games with NO issues at all. Machine is responsive, menus are snappy etc...

Just my $0.05...
Old 08-28-2013, 11:00 PM   #51
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by renaldok
Hey there!, I have the PS3 version and have noticed a significant slowdown post patch.

What i have noticed WITH the 1.01 patch:

30-45 seconds delay after selecting a menu option ( doesn't mattter what menu)

machine will physically lock up and reboot randomly.

Frequent disconnects from the EA Server.

It makes my $99 version of Madden unplayable.

I have since removed the patch and am going offline with none of the pre mentioned issues.

PS3 Slim, upgraded 500 GB hard drive fwiw.

I regularly play Rockstar games with NO issues at all. Machine is responsive, menus are snappy etc...

Just my $0.05...
Just out of curiousity did you have all those issues post patch while offline?

I've been getting frequent disconnects from EA servers with or without patches. I think that's pretty par for the course around launch time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2013, 11:07 PM   #52
Rookie

Slim4824's Arena

OVR: 2

Played many games pre and post patch on Xbox360. Haven't noticed any difference.

Sent from my SCH-L710 using Tapatalk 4
Old 08-28-2013, 11:11 PM   #53
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
Wow? Why so defensive?

Who trashed you? I haven't seen anything negative posted your way at all. Just questions.

You come in here and post over and over again about how great the game is with the patch. Great totally appreciate the info.. I'd like to hear some specifics so that I would be able to compare notes and see if I notice the same thing.

Not sure what's driving you to be so defensive, nor why you don't want to post anything specific.
Because I can't post specifics. I can only post what I see and feel. I notice an extreme difference in the feel of the game post patch. The animations do not play out smoothly. Player movement is much more jerky. The graphics are more jagged. Game speed is faster, players seem to have less weight and are more floaty. It just doesn't feel right. I noticed it during the early release. I hated the game play. I went to the store and played the retail copy without the patch. I loved it! That is going to be the best I can do.
Old 08-28-2013, 11:12 PM   #54
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slim4824
Played many games pre and post patch on Xbox360. Haven't noticed any difference.

Sent from my SCH-L710 using Tapatalk 4
This is with PS3
Old 08-28-2013, 11:59 PM   #55
Banned

ghettogeeksta's Arena

OVR: 12

I'm going on a limb to and say that 360 users will probably notice little to no difference because the pre-patch version of the game was tighter than the PS3's. Because I played patch and pre-patch games back-to-back on 360 and I noticed very little difference in the game-play.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2013, 01:15 AM   #56
Pro

Bushido's Arena

OVR: 10

This only effects PS3 users, I guess.

I played a game w/the patch & w/o the patch, and saw no difference at all (on 360)

Sucks to be a Sony user

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »