Home

Relocation Team Names = WTF

This is a discussion on Relocation Team Names = WTF within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-28-2013, 01:48 PM   #1
Rookie

R4ngerR4y's Arena

OVR: 1
Relocation Team Names = WTF

The team names you can choose from are ridiculous! What was EA thinking? River hogs, Aftershock, Caps, Dreams? These names are terrible... what happened to Wildcats, Wolverines, Indians, or anything else normal?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2013, 02:05 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Relocation Team Names = WTF

Quote:
Originally Posted by R4ngerR4y
The team names you can choose from are ridiculous! What was EA thinking? River hogs, Aftershock, Caps, Dreams? These names are terrible... what happened to Wildcats, Wolverines, Indians, or anything else normal?
I am guessing they did not want to run into conflicts with NCAA and popular school team names so all of those are out, which is why we have what we have. I also wouldn't be surprised if there was a DLC in the works that allowed us to add more cities / teams / colors, etc.
Old 08-28-2013, 02:57 PM   #3
Rookie

CR3AMnCR1MS0N's Arena

OVR: 7

They could at least give us the obvious: OKC Lightning or OKC Twisters
Old 08-28-2013, 03:01 PM   #4
Rookie

Legionnaire's Arena

OVR: 5

I dunno. Lots of real team names are stupid if you think about it too long.

What's a seahawk? What's a bill? Are there jaguars in Jacksonville? Is there jazz in Utah? The nuggets, really? The wizards? The flyers? The ducks? The ducks who are mighty? The white socks? The red socks? The twins?

Some teams are named for something antiquated or completely unrelated to the city just because they thought it would look cool on the logo or they thought it had a nice ring to it.

Some teams are named on the basis of somebody saying, "Okay, what things do people associate with this city/state? Let's just make a list of those things and randomly name the team after one of them."

Some teams are just named on the basis of having a team name that begins with the same letter as the city name.

The thought process that led to the team names used in Madden is pretty much on par with the thought process that led to all real teams' names. I wouldn't get too hung up on it.
Old 08-28-2013, 03:11 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 0

I have a good name for the OS Madden forum team.

The Los Angeles Nitpickers.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2013, 03:11 PM   #6
MVP

Datninja619's Arena

OVR: 0

Anybody know if the fans reaction to team name, jersey, etc are all the same. For example if I am Chargers and move to LA will fans react the same as Dolphins moving.
Old 08-28-2013, 03:17 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legionnaire
I dunno. Lots of real team names are stupid if you think about it too long.

What's a seahawk? What's a bill? Are there jaguars in Jacksonville? Is there jazz in Utah? The nuggets, really? The wizards? The flyers? The ducks? The ducks who are mighty? The white socks? The red socks? The twins?

Some teams are named for something antiquated or completely unrelated to the city just because they thought it would look cool on the logo or they thought it had a nice ring to it.

Some teams are named on the basis of somebody saying, "Okay, what things do people associate with this city/state? Let's just make a list of those things and randomly name the team after one of them."

Some teams are just named on the basis of having a team name that begins with the same letter as the city name.

The thought process that led to the team names used in Madden is pretty much on par with the thought process that led to all real teams' names. I wouldn't get too hung up on it.
The twins are not stupid. Twin cities, Twins. Get it?
Old 08-28-2013, 03:17 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 3

My opinion-- They added in the ability to relocate and upgrade stadium and a bunch that hasnt been there and was asked for. I understand the teams names arent to everyones liking (including my own on most of them) but hey... they at least have added it in. I'm happy.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »