Home

The new is Madden out & this gen is coming to a close which was best Madden this gen?

This is a discussion on The new is Madden out & this gen is coming to a close which was best Madden this gen? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: The new is Madden out & this gen is coming to a close which was best Madden this gen?
Madden 25 16 39.02%
Madden 13 0 0%
Madden 12 14 34.15%
Madden 11 1 2.44%
Madden 10 8 19.51%
Madden 09 0 0%
Madden 08 1 2.44%
Madden 07 0 0%
Madden 06 1 2.44%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-29-2013, 10:55 AM   #9
Rookie

porkys8077's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: The new is Madden out & this gen is coming to a close which was best Madden this

Madden 10 for me.
Old 08-29-2013, 11:59 AM   #10
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: The new is Madden out & this gen is coming to a close which was best Madden this

I have only owned the following this gen:

M10 - My first next gen Madden. Loved it the first few days as it was a shiny new toy. My first next gen football game. And in all fairness it plays a good solid game of football. It has some serious warts though that to me killed it offline/online. One was the flats exploit. It ruined online leagues and against the CPU...automatic Chunk yardage/TD's on swing passes. Overall though it was a very solid game. Lot's of great presentation elements, solid defense from the CPU. Franchise mode stunk though. One of the best Maddens of all time no doubt on the field. But the stripped down franchise mode made it only a fantasy/legends draft game for me.

M11 - I loved the addition of gameflow and gameplanning. What I did not like was a patch that destroyed that feature and how you can use it with the CPU to make them call a solid game. M11 was ok but a clear step back from M10's gameplay. I felt like the developers gave into the online tourny crowd and just trainwrecked the player movement and move towards footplanting. It was a short lived Madden for me. I got 2 seasons in again another stripped down featurless franchise mode.

M12 - Ok....so here we go. Madden moved back to total customization, feature rich franchise mode....but again stale..I mean stale presentation, a clunky user interface and on the field....lousy tackling and passing system. Despite those two major warts I solidered and found a way to enjoy the heck out it. I played 5 seasons in an offline Fins franchise and before getting M25 started a new franchise with updated rosters. But those eye sore warts again reared their ugly head. Playing NCAA 13 and feeling the new passing system....made playing M12 really hard again. The passing game is dreadful compared to M25. Overall though one of the better Maddens in the games history and this gen. Visually and presentation wise in regards to the camera angles and broadcast camera shots...awesome. gameplay though was average compared to M10 and now M25.

M13 - an abortion. I don't need to rehash this. The worst Madden I had ever played.....stopped playing after 2 months fo tweaking, patching....blech.

M25 - it is so easy to see, feel and know (for me) that there is no question this is the best Madden this gen (maybe ever over time). Feature rich, smooth, deep, controls feel great, play by play/color the best in the games history....I am loving Madden 25. And this is not Madden fever talking. I have played every iteration of this game (played 06,07,08,09 on PS2/XBOX) and I can say with confidence...after less than a week....this will end up being my favorite Madden of all time. Passing game? Check. Running game? Check. Presentation? Check, streamlined user interface? Check. 32 team control (if needed) Check. fantasy draft? Check. Owner Mode? Check. Online communities and sim leagues? Check. Working sliders? Check. M12's AI (best it was to this point) Check. Branching Storylines and Draft presentation? Check. Intuitive scouting and XP system that works? Check. IE 2.0 awesome. Check. Lead Passing? Check. Gorgeous animations for receptions? Check. Running game modifier, stumble recovery, stiff arms that work, spins and jukes that work? Check. Difference in big backs and small backs? Check. Read Option? Check. Play ACtion that works? Check. Screens that work? Check. Full array of pre-snap adjustments? Check.

Madden 25....in a landslide.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23

Last edited by Armor and Sword; 08-29-2013 at 12:03 PM.
Old 08-29-2013, 12:05 PM   #11
MVP

Gorilla Glass's Arena

OVR: 6

Madden 25.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2013, 12:17 PM   #12
Banned

AaronS444's Arena

OVR: 0

Madden 2008 PC

Modders made the game better than EA could at this point.

.. The only negative is EAs busted sim engine. Can't fix that, sadly

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »