Home

Truth is the only way to experience a decent Madden game is CPU vs CPU/Coach

This is a discussion on Truth is the only way to experience a decent Madden game is CPU vs CPU/Coach within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-28-2013, 11:06 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Truth is the only way to experience a decent Madden game is CPU vs CPU/Coach

The AI we currently have available just isn't capable of imagination. Imagination is what sets we humans above computers. And the AI just can't adjust to us.

For example the way most people play the game (in a fashion that isn't realistic), the cpu is taken advantage of. AI is based on statistics and logic...we human players sometimes defy logic.

I figured this out way back in like...98 and haven't been playing Human vs CPU since. It just isn't fair! Sure the developers implement things to help the AI cheat, but even that isn't sufficient to cope with our illogical and imaginative gameplay.

With cpu vs cpu or cpu vs cpu/coach...I get pretty beautiful games! Reason being...my human equation is removed from the game as much as possible. The AI doesn't have to cope with an opponent who can see the entire field from the tv screen (cheating). It doesn't have to deal with someone calling a goalline defense on the 30 yard line and it's 1st and 10.

With slider adjustments, M25 is a beautiful game! The only irk I have with it is that the ccm doesn't allow for this option.

But all of you players who STILL attempt to human vs cpu...you're NEVER going to get a decent football sim with the AI we currently have available!

Also, playing the game the way I do, I get to see the FULL potential of the features that are marketed.

I begun playing this way due to human vs cpu not being fair, and it's the manner in which I see what the game can do without influence. I see it's true capabilities.

For us to acquire the game we desire, where we can play human vs cpu, EA would have to develop a game where the customer is still able to SHOW the AI everything it can expect. There would have to be a mode where you run your rb how you do in games. Where you send your wr on streaks. Where you scramble your non scrambling qb all game. Etc.

Then, after performing these oddities, you have to guard and stop these techniques us quirky players use. We would have to SHOW the AI how to recognize and then stop these habits we have.

That would be like US programming the game how to stop us!

Until then my friends...put down the joy sticks and merely man the formations and call the plays, then let the cpu execute. You will have BEAUTIFUL games at that rate.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2013, 12:20 AM   #2

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: Truth is the only way to experience a decent Madden game is CPU vs CPU/Coach

You're wrong in assuming all users cheat the AI.

There are many people who want a realistic representation of the game so we don't do the things that defy logic as you put it.

With sliders, this can be a fun game to play against the computer. SOrry, if I wanted a text sim, I would buy one. It's not fair of you to lump everyone into one group and to tell us the ONLY way to get a realistic game is to play cpu vs. cpu.
Old 08-29-2013, 12:25 AM   #3
Rookie

Re: Truth is the only way to experience a decent Madden game is CPU vs CPU/Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis

There are many people who want a realistic representation of the game so we don't do the things that defy logic as you put it.

With sliders, this can be a fun game to play against the computer. SOrry, if I wanted a text sim, I would buy one. It's not fair of you to lump everyone into one group and to tell us the ONLY way to get a realistic game is to play cpu vs. cpu.
My friend...with the AI capabilities we currently have...we will NOT be able to get a decent game. I realized this back in like '98.

Our brains are simply too good for the AI. By us watching the game from the tv we can see things before they develop etc.

I can get a good game if I limit myself...
Old 08-29-2013, 12:27 AM   #4
Rookie

Quote:

Thank you, took the words right out of my mouth.

Look there are other options if people don't want to play as a user and want cpu vs cpu. There called Head Coach and Front Office Football.
Old 08-29-2013, 12:31 AM   #5
MVP

friscob's Arena

OVR: 8

Couldn't disagree more. Get lots of decent games against the CPU. A lot more decent games playing against the CPU than i will get playing against random ppl online

2014 Cleveland Browns 13-3
2015 Cleveland Browns 6-1
GT: MouthyRat
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2013, 12:42 AM   #6

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slangwell
I can get a good game if I limit myself...
Thanks for proving my point....

And yes, I've been playing Madden since it's PC only days.

I started playing football on the atari and played John Elway football on the PC in the DOS era of computers, I'm not naive to the game or how it should or shouldn't play.

It may not be perfect, but your generalizations are an extreme exaggeration.

Last edited by kehlis; 08-29-2013 at 12:48 AM.
Old 08-29-2013, 04:28 AM   #7
Rookie

Quote:

I have heard this before.

PLEASE stop saying this.

There is not an NFL licensed text sim. Your precious EA has a purposeful, and illegal monopoly on the NFL license.

If a company put out a text sim, I would buy one. Until then, please stop suggesting this - it doesn't exist.
Old 08-29-2013, 05:46 AM   #8
Pro

carnalnirvana's Arena

OVR: 21

interesting, i agree with the first 2 posts. yes the cpu is limited and god's eye view gives the user wayyy too much of an advantage, yes not all players abuse the limited AI.

i will start by saying, i dont play with anything default in madden, not default sliders or rosters,,,,

when i get an edited roster to what I believe is every teams true representation( all subjective) i make one edit to one rating and trust me its hard as hell to take the browns and beat the patriots...

the AI has its issues, i sometimes feel like the only person screaming that the cpu calling 3 verts every 3rd and long is a real issue but THE HUMAN is godly too because to the bad AI of players on their team not under their control ex, our DB's slide into picks and knock down passes with 10ft spidey no look leaps as well, and hot route to cheese plays

#18 greatest EVA....

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »