Home
Closed Thread

Old 08-29-2013, 11:16 PM   #1
Banned

throckmeisterz's Arena

OVR: 2
Should I buy 25?

A month after getting my preordered copy of Madden '12, I returned it to Gamestop, vowing to never waste my money on another Madden. A year later, I proudly unwrapped my copy of Madden '13, and I was, thankfully, not disappointed. I'm still happily playing '13 today.

I like sports games because for their RPG elements. Honestly, I think of them as more like Western RPGs minus the story than like their own genre. The initial enjoyment I got from Madden had worn off by 2012, and I was left with an unforgivably unrealistic sports sim that took way too long to get to any of the juicy RPG content I enjoyed. Along came '13, giving me control over weekly player progression. I was hooked again.

So, considering these things, should I buy Madden 25? I know it will feature equally unrealistic football. I know (like every year) some of the gaping flaws in '13's gameplay will be fixed, other gaping flaws will be ignored entirely, and still new gaping flaws will be created where none existed before. All of this I am aware of, so leave it out of your responses. Furthermore, I am a cheeser (but I only play against the AI, so don't get all pissy about it); I like putting up absurd stats, and (in '13) I enjoy the incredible player development which accompanies that.

My main reasons for considering buying '25 are the rookies and sophomore players (Doug Martin, for example, had a "normal" progression in '13, despite his monster year, and Alfred Morris is barely useable; I would hope these facts would be fixed in 25), the further developed running game (I love running the ball a ton), and the 2nd year of the physics engine (which I assume/hope has made some progress).

The reason I hesitate: have they fiddled with player progression too much? Is it still weekly? And can I still progress physical attributes? My current team has Von Miller with 93 SPD (cheesy, I know, but it's awesome). One thing I don't like about '13 is the inability to change player positions. Sure, I can change a RE to LE, but that's meaningless. Why can't I change a LOLB to LE or to MLB, for that matter. '13 doesn't even allow FS to SS for F's sake. If this has been fixed, that would be a huge bonus, but it's not a deal maker/breaker. Really, I just want to know about player progression and how it compares to '13.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2013, 11:20 PM   #2
Pro

Sdrawkcab321's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Should I buy 25?

Rent it...
Old 08-29-2013, 11:21 PM   #3

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: Should I buy 25?

There are plenty of threads here for you to decide if you should buy it or not.

We don't need a separate thread just for you to decide if you should or shouldn't.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »