Home

patch this!

This is a discussion on patch this! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-30-2013, 03:19 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
patch this!

when you are doing the draft, let you trade down with your own offers. when I try to trade down that's all the offers I get are for next years draft. I want to trade down a couple of slots but that's all I get is next years picks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2013, 03:49 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: patch this!

I have gotten offers of current yr picks. I had #2 pick. Got offered #8 pick + 1st RD for next yr + 3rd RD for current draft. Then i traded down #8 to # 16 and got another 1st RD for following yr with 6th RD for current draft. Then i drafted a QB with 16 pick that was rated 85

Won Super Bowl in his rookie yr
Old 08-30-2013, 03:52 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by daddies3angels
I have gotten offers of current yr picks. I had #2 pick. Got offered #8 pick + 1st RD for next yr + 3rd RD for current draft. Then i traded down #8 to # 16 and got another 1st RD for following yr with 6th RD for current draft. Then i drafted a QB with 16 pick that was rated 85

Won Super Bowl in his rookie yr
Props bud sounds like one of the greatest draft trades ever
Old 08-30-2013, 04:13 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by xKINGxSCOTTx
Props bud sounds like one of the greatest draft trades ever
Thanks. I have scouting down to a T so i have really good idea what picks i want from the start of draft. I saw this QB who was projected RD 1 pick 29. Im the Bears so i went and traded Cutler. Got # 2 pick for Cutler and RD 4 and 5 picks. Then did those trade down during draft knowing i wanted around 15-18 range. Also got a MLB that won Defensive Man of the year. Got a DE that went from 75 RE to 89 by end of the year. MLB went from 77 to 93 by end of the year. I NEVER do practice either. When i scout i certain criteraes that have to fit my team.
Old 08-30-2013, 04:42 PM   #5
Pro

Robo COP's Arena

OVR: 3

best way to scout is to just scout every person in the drafts awr attribute, then throw anyone with F awr out of your draft board.

All the guys with high awr ratings are the ones who become superstars.

At least that is how it was last year. With scouting and drafting remaining mostly the same I'm sure the same strategy will work
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2013, 05:35 PM   #6
MVP

Datninja619's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmym68
when you are doing the draft, let you trade down with your own offers. when I try to trade down that's all the offers I get are for next years draft. I want to trade down a couple of slots but that's all I get is next years picks.
Your trading your pick away for what other teams think your pick is worth.
I have had some teams offer me a later 1st/early 2nd round pick many times in M13 and a few times in MUT25 so far.
Old 08-30-2013, 05:46 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robo COP
best way to scout is to just scout every person in the drafts awr attribute, then throw anyone with F awr out of your draft board.

All the guys with high awr ratings are the ones who become superstars.

At least that is how it was last year. With scouting and drafting remaining mostly the same I'm sure the same strategy will work
Not always the case though, that's the issue. I drafted a QB with an awareness of D (I think) in the 3rd round, and he was an 80 overall straight away, with pretty high passing stats all-round, moving onto 86 in the 2nd season.
Old 08-30-2013, 06:13 PM   #8
MVP

wordtobigbird's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshJJB
Not always the case though, that's the issue. I drafted a QB with an awareness of D (I think) in the 3rd round, and he was an 80 overall straight away, with pretty high passing stats all-round, moving onto 86 in the 2nd season.
Yea. there are some physically talented guys with low AWR that really knocks their rating down. Don't get fooled by AWR.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »