Home

Intriguing idea

This is a discussion on Intriguing idea within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-30-2013, 10:43 PM   #1
Pro

Robo COP's Arena

OVR: 3
Intriguing idea

If you don't want to read my whole explanation that really doesn't matter. This is basically the idea and question. Take over a young backup HB and try to make him into a star within a year or two. So who do you think I should be out of these players

Knile Davis - Chiefs, 67 ovr (94 spd, 79 str)
Marcus Lattimore - 49ers, 70 ovr (86 spd, 75 str)
Zac Stacy - Rams, 70 0vr (87 spd, 78 str)
Robert Turbin - Seahawks, 76 ovr (93 spd, 83 str)

So I started as an owner for the Bucs. I've noticed that I don't enjoy playing the games as my team. It just seems too easy. Elite QBs you face make too many terrible decisions. Too easy to pass with a mediocre QB in Freeman. So I decided I can't do that anymore. I'll just sim and manage my team.

At the same time I don't want to completely abandon gameplay. Since it is too easy when I control all players on the field, I could just control a superstar on another team while also managing my team. I didn't want to make up a random player though, I want it to be more realistic so I am going to be a currently active player. I started thinking about being one of the young rookie RBs (Ball, Bell, Lacy) and trying to develop them on their teams. But then I had a thought when looking through rosters.

What if I take over a young backup and try to develop him into a star? Eventually hit FA or demand a trade when I get good enough to start. Scouring through rosters these are the guys I came up with that I am thinking about doing this with

Knile Davis - Chiefs, 67 ovr (94 spd, 79 str)
Marcus Lattimore - 49ers, 70 ovr (86 spd, 75 str)
Zac Stacy - Rams, 70 0vr (87 spd, 78 str)
Robert Turbin - Seahawks, 76 ovr (93 spd, 83 str)

Now 2 of those players will probably never start for their team. Davis for the Chiefs and Turbin for the Hawks. Especially since the Hawks just drafted Michael in the 2nd round, IRL it makes sense that he is the next in line for potential starters after Lynch declines.

I have Kniles and Turbin because I like the fast guys with good str. Can bruise and burn when needed. With Kniles it would take me a bit to take the 2nd starting RB job, then I could do that for 2 years before requesting a trade. With Turbin I will already be a beast 2nd stringer and could demand a trade come next season after progression and all that. Definitely intriguing.

With Stacy I like his str. and I could potentially push for the starting job in the very first year with the Rams. Could then not even move teams, just be the starter for them for years to come.

Then Lattimore is intriguing because of how good he was supposed to be. Could take him and try to battle back from the knee injury. Could stick it out on the roster with the 9ers till Gore leaves or leave in a trade as well. I honestly would probably artificially bump up his speed before starting as well because 86 is just too slow for me.

Part of me thought of being one of the mobile QBs on terrible teams as well. Like Geno Smith or Terrelle Pryor too, but not sure about that.

What do you guys think? Who do you think I should try this out with? I'll just be doing practices for the first season and managing the Bucs as an owner. Then go from there.

Last edited by Robo COP; 08-30-2013 at 10:49 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2013, 10:49 PM   #2
Rookie

BoNity's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Intriguing idea

I am intrigued with Lattimore that one may be more fun, Come back from a knee injury and become a super star, Gore is getting up there in age too so Id say Lattimore.
Old 08-30-2013, 10:59 PM   #3
Pro

Robo COP's Arena

Yea it really is. He also has the highest stamina of all these guys so he could be a workhorse for a while. Just remains to be seen if the 49ers would resign Gore because of the stupid AI logic.

All these guys have like mid 70s or lower injury. So there is always the potential of getting hurt too, which I like.

Lattimore is the best story to try to do. It's just that Davis and Turbin's spd and str combo could be so deadly it's hard for me to not be one of them.

I could actually do more than one at a time. When I get bored with one just set them on auto-pilot. I just checked and I can still make trades with teams that have a user controlled player on them, I just can't trade for that player

And now part of me wants to try to start an online CC like this. Although I feel like the entire first season would be incredibly boring for people. Would lose interest before it ever picks up
Old 08-30-2013, 11:46 PM   #4
Pro

HadlerT's Arena

OVR: 25

I be interested no matter what you do.
Old 08-31-2013, 01:03 AM   #5
Pro

Robo COP's Arena

Just decided that it is 95% Lattimore. I checked out attributes and whatnot. Lattimore has some beast attributes. His ovr is so low because of his low awr and I believe because of low elusiveness (55). I noticed though that most power backs have really low elusiveness, although 55 is pretty low. but like the law firm for the Bengals is a 60 something. Steven Jackson is pretty low as well.

Anyway, Davis attributes are terrible outside high spd and str. Would take forever to level him. Turbin is semi interesting, but his attributes outside of trucking are in the 70s. Which they take a decent amount to level from there. 80 agility is a turn off too, and he has the lowest stamina of all these guys. I'm still intrigued though because of the high speed and strength. And with him I would probably only have to wait out the first year before requesting a trade to go start for another team.

With Stacy I would only really be playing him to hold myself over until Lattimore is ready to start, so I doubt I will play him.

Oh and all these guys have normal development, except Lattimore. He doesn't have the option to increase his development trait when spending experience, which means that his development trait is at superstar (unless there is some sort of glitch). So...yea. It is most likely Lattimore. I will probably cheat a little and boost his speed before starting the career because speed cost way too much to upgrade and 86 is way too low. I'll probably pull some attributes off of something else like BCV to try to keep the overall relatively the same.

The only reason I am hesitant is because I don't want to just be on a good team right off the bat in the 9ers. It will seem too easy, which is why Turbin is interesting because who knows where I could get traded, and I like that speed and strength of his.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2013, 03:28 PM   #6
Pro

Robo COP's Arena

Well, it appears you can no longer demand a trade...don't see the option anywhere. Oh, and there is a "demand release" option...but...it has the "lock" icon on it so it won't even let me demand a release. What's the point of having that there if I can't demand a release.

That upsets me quite a bit. Hopefully the 9ers won't resign Gore so that I can take over. Otherwise I would be stuck on the team for 2 more years behind him.

I gotta say, this game finds a way to disappoint me every day. So many broken features
Old 08-31-2013, 03:45 PM   #7
MVP

TeamBuilder's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robo COP
Well, it appears you can no longer demand a trade...don't see the option anywhere. Oh, and there is a "demand release" option...but...it has the "lock" icon on it so it won't even let me demand a release. What's the point of having that there if I can't demand a release.

That upsets me quite a bit. Hopefully the 9ers won't resign Gore so that I can take over. Otherwise I would be stuck on the team for 2 more years behind him.

I gotta say, this game finds a way to disappoint me every day. So many broken features
I could be wrong, but I think you need to "start the season" which is to say that you need to advance to the first week of the preseason before you can demand your release. I'm not near my xbox so I can't officially confirm, but try it out.

Also, I like that you went Lattimore. He has a cool story like the above poster said.
Old 08-31-2013, 03:51 PM   #8
Pro

Robo COP's Arena

tried that, no dice. Maybe it works for coaches or owners or something. But controlling one player it does not. Advance week, still locked. Advance week, still locked

I'm about 2 minutes away from starting an online petition for people who want their money back for buying this bug filled game. Love the NFL and used to love madden. But now they throw features into the game to get people excited but most of them don't even work correctly

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »