Home

Coach XP Disappearing from one week to the next

This is a discussion on Coach XP Disappearing from one week to the next within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-03-2013, 11:06 AM   #9
Pro

OVR: 6
Re: Coach XP Disappearing from one week to the next

I maybe blind but I don't see an option for CPU progression. Is that offline only?
Old 09-03-2013, 11:55 AM   #10
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by lions2k9
There are two player progression frequency options to set. One is the CPU and the other is the user. The first one listed is for the CPU, it says that the setting only effects CPU teams, but that's not true, it effects your coach. So if it's set to weekly, your coach will use his xp weekly if he has any worth using. The second option is for YOUR player progression, which I leave set "off".

Set that first progression setting to end of season.
Then why in owners mode are the users teams players not auto-progressing via CPU (like the coach) when CPU is set to weekly? "Your" player progression would imply the OWNER in OWNERS mode. Which I don't think OWNER's even have, just legacy. The options, as you explain them, may be true, but to me, don't make any sense. The options, as you explain them, seem rather poorly designed to me.

Last edited by bucky60; 09-03-2013 at 11:57 AM.
Old 09-03-2013, 11:59 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 1

it doesn't say "CPU progression", it says progression frequency I believe. in the description of that it will say it doesn't effect user teams, but it actually does. it's the first progression option on the list, set it to end of season.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2013, 12:16 PM   #12
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
it doesn't say "CPU progression", it says progression frequency I believe. in the description of that it will say it doesn't effect user teams, but it actually does. it's the first progression option on the list, set it to end of season.
I have some progression setting set to weekly so that CPU teams will progress weekly, but I noticed my teams players don't auto progress. Which, by your description of "Your Player" in owners mode, just the owner should progress by the user. None of that seems intuitive, or makes sense to me. If my players aren't auto progressing, why is my coach (with the settings I have)? Doesn't make sense to me.
Old 09-03-2013, 02:46 PM   #13
Rookie

The setting you have set as "weekly" effects your coach and the CPU teams. The other one is for your team, but only the players. Why our coach is tied in with CPU teams and not ours, I don't know. I'd rather have CPU teams progress at the end of the season so my coach isn't spending his xp on me week to week.
Old 09-03-2013, 03:11 PM   #14
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
The setting you have set as "weekly" effects your coach and the CPU teams. The other one is for your team, but only the players. Why our coach is tied in with CPU teams and not ours, I don't know. I'd rather have CPU teams progress at the end of the season so my coach isn't spending his xp on me week to week.

Thanks for the heads up. I had it set to every 4 weeks...I was able to purchase my scouting package before I advanced to week 4 four of my regular season. Tonight I will set it to end of season.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 09-03-2013, 04:39 PM   #15
Rookie

wtd03's Arena

OVR: 0

Milestone Goal Results: Win 14 games.

0 XP

Thanks EA
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2013, 09:00 PM   #16
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahud30
The xp isn't disappearing, the cpu ran coach will spend his points on cheap packages. So it's a pain if you're trying to get the more expensive packages in owner mode.
I guess that makes sense.. Seems kinna dumb that your players will not auto progress but your coach does... SMH @ EA yet again

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »