Home

Coach a Toddler.......Discouraging

This is a discussion on Coach a Toddler.......Discouraging within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-01-2013, 12:34 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 19
Coach a Toddler.......Discouraging

Ill preface this by saying that my 3 year old girl is pretty sharp and she likes sports and gaming.

I started a MAdden quick game on All Pro Level. My daughter wants to play. At first I think that she wont be able to play. I say ok thinking she would get overwhelmed.
Only thing I do is tell her which plays to run and when to go.
We're the Patriots and we're playing the Jets
. seriously on defense all game we run a 3-4 2 under cover defense all game.
I tell her press x, then the square button, and dont move the joystick till the other team moves.
on offense we basically run the same hook routes all game.

we wind up playing only 1 half and the score is 7 to 0 Jets.
Jets turned the ball over 3 times, 2 picks and a fumble.
we had about 5 offsides penalties cause my daughter kept crossing the neutral zone.

on offenese I tell her which button to press to throw. only thing that stopped our drives were interceptions, and a few 4 and outs. we didnt punt at all. other than that she completed a majority of her passes.

my question is where are the adjustments by the AI/CPU controlled defense and offense. there werent any at all. there were times on defense when she'd move the lineman to the side, the middle was wide open. where was the AI/CPU audible to actually switch to a running play.

its just discouraging that this happened on ALL PRO. I figured we'd lose big, I figure she wouldnt be able to complete a pass etc. of course the AI controlled players play a big role in the turnovers etc. but seriously a 7 to 0 score.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2013, 01:23 PM   #2
Dynasty Guru

JaymeeAwesome's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Coach a Toddler.......Discouraging

Quote:
Originally Posted by tril
Ill preface this by saying that my 3 year old girl is pretty sharp and she likes sports and gaming.

I started a MAdden quick game on All Pro Level. My daughter wants to play. At first I think that she wont be able to play. I say ok thinking she would get overwhelmed.
Only thing I do is tell her which plays to run and when to go.
We're the Patriots and we're playing the Jets
. seriously on defense all game we run a 3-4 2 under cover defense all game.
I tell her press x, then the square button, and dont move the joystick till the other team moves.
on offense we basically run the same hook routes all game.

we wind up playing only 1 half and the score is 7 to 0 Jets.
Jets turned the ball over 3 times, 2 picks and a fumble.
we had about 5 offsides penalties cause my daughter kept crossing the neutral zone.

on offenese I tell her which button to press to throw. only thing that stopped our drives were interceptions, and a few 4 and outs. we didnt punt at all. other than that she completed a majority of her passes.

my question is where are the adjustments by the AI/CPU controlled defense and offense. there werent any at all. there were times on defense when she'd move the lineman to the side, the middle was wide open. where was the AI/CPU audible to actually switch to a running play.

its just discouraging that this happened on ALL PRO. I figured we'd lose big, I figure she wouldnt be able to complete a pass etc. of course the AI controlled players play a big role in the turnovers etc. but seriously a 7 to 0 score.
CPU changes plays based on formation chosen. When a human controls a defensive player and moves to the other side of the formation the CPU won't see it. The more human input you put into the game, the less realistic it'll play.

Madden 15 Sliders: Realistic Game Stat Sliders for Madden 15

Madden 15 Dynasty: The NFL Reborn...
Old 09-01-2013, 01:59 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymee13
CPU changes plays based on formation chosen. When a human controls a defensive player and moves to the other side of the formation the CPU won't see it. The more human input you put into the game, the less realistic it'll play.
ok, I never knew that. I thought that there would be some type of programming logic to counter such things as manual player movement. All my formation shifts have been done by the menus that you can call up during gameplay. Then Id see the AI/CPU control teams make an adjustment.

I never knew I could move my defensive player around without a cpu counter.
I guess I played within the "logical rules" without trying these exploit.
Old 09-01-2013, 03:11 PM   #4
Dynasty Guru

JaymeeAwesome's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by tril
ok, I never knew that. I thought that there would be some type of programming logic to counter such things as manual player movement. All my formation shifts have been done by the menus that you can call up during gameplay. Then Id see the AI/CPU control teams make an adjustment.

I never knew I could move my defensive player around without a cpu counter.
I guess I played within the "logical rules" without trying these exploit.
Hence the reason why there are "Cheesers" online. They know this and exploit it. Anytime a human controls a player without the ball, it conflicts with the AI and the CPU breaks down. I've always preached to only control the player with the ball at all times or choose the "no switch" approach on defense. You will enjoy the outcome of the games more by playing less.

If you think of it, Madden is the opposite of your common video game motto. With most video games, you want to control every aspect of it to enjoy it. With Madden you want to control the least amount of gameplay as humanly possible. Strange...

Madden 15 Sliders: Realistic Game Stat Sliders for Madden 15

Madden 15 Dynasty: The NFL Reborn...
Old 09-01-2013, 06:28 PM   #5
Banned

ghettogeeksta's Arena

OVR: 12

Yeah the cpu is completely oblivious to user controlled players. The root of all cheese in Madden.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2013, 07:18 PM   #6
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

Which is why i have fun user controlling my hook zone or as a defensive linemen trying to get a pass rush. It is fun that FINALLY in Madden I can take Justin Smith, hold down on the right stick and instead of falling on his face, he will drive the guard or tackle like a blocking sled and/or do a power rip move to get after the QB.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »