Home

Edit Player Names, why can't we?

This is a discussion on Edit Player Names, why can't we? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-01-2013, 07:18 PM   #1
MVP

mavfan21's Arena

OVR: 12
Edit Player Names, why can't we?

Just wondering if anyone knows the rationale behind not allowing us to edit player names? I wish I could change a lot of the (stupid) names given to the draft picks, especially when the announcers won't ever say the names of the top picks.

So why don't we have control over this?

In my dream world I can edit everything in my game, faces especially. If only Madden cold do what NBA 2k10 could do.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2013, 09:06 PM   #2
Dynasty Guru

JaymeeAwesome's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Edit Player Names, why can't we?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavfan21
Just wondering if anyone knows the rationale behind not allowing us to edit player names? I wish I could change a lot of the (stupid) names given to the draft picks, especially when the announcers won't ever say the names of the top picks.

In my dream world I can edit everything in my game, faces especially. If only Madden cold do what NBA 2k10 could do.
Control. EA noticed that Madden 08 on PC gave everything to the user and with all that editing power, there would be no reason for people to buy the game every year. EA is here to make money and it was a good business decision on their part.

Madden 15 Sliders: Realistic Game Stat Sliders for Madden 15

Madden 15 Dynasty: The NFL Reborn...
Old 09-01-2013, 11:08 PM   #3
MVP

mavfan21's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymee13
Control. EA noticed that Madden 08 on PC gave everything to the user and with all that editing power, there would be no reason for people to buy the game every year. EA is here to make money and it was a good business decision on their part.
How does 2k keep making money then. They allow sooooo much player control.
Old 09-01-2013, 11:11 PM   #4
Rookie

wtd03's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
How does 2k keep making money then. They allow sooooo much player control.
Because 2k actually puts in features that people care about and they bug test their games.
Old 09-02-2013, 07:23 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:

Are you talking about editing player names before starting CFM? If you are, than I can. I just started editing the raiders to start a classic roster file.BTW, I am on Ps3 console.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2013, 07:32 PM   #6
Rookie

Cleveland Rocks's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymee13
I agree with your assessment but the logic is flawed. At this rate I'll may never buy another EA game on any gen. We could edit everything in last gen yet I got the new game every year. Has this business plan actually made them more money or increase their sales or bottom line or has it just turned off customers?
Old 09-02-2013, 07:40 PM   #7
MVP

Quote:

Josh Looman stated in an interview back in May that during the offseason, you would be able to edit name, number, and equipment of players. However, apparently this caused issues with "storylines".

Ya see my friend, the problem here is that it ain't about your dreamworld, my dreamworld, or anyone else reading this' dreamworld. EA has taken the liberty to do your dreaming for you...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »