Home

Inexcusably bad draft classes

This is a discussion on Inexcusably bad draft classes within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-02-2013, 01:54 PM   #9
Just started!

OVR: 0
Re: Inexcusably bad draft classes

I imported a draft class and theres 10 QB's projected to go in Round 1

the best of the 10 is Jordan Lynch from NIU LOL
Old 09-02-2013, 02:38 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 2

i havent made it through a season yet but i noticed there's 4 6'7 centers in my draft class and still no 34 olbs over 250
Old 09-02-2013, 02:45 PM   #11
MVP

redsfan4life's Arena

OVR: 16

I only looked at 2-3 classes but all of them looked pretty solid. I'll check again.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2013, 02:59 PM   #12
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

The speed thing may be an issue but I can't say for certain until I complete season 1.

But so far in my scouting (week 12) I have yet to find anyone with speed over 90.

KINDA SORTA SPOILER: There is a storyline WR whose angle is that he is destined to be nothing more than a return guy cause he can't catch. Well I may need a return guy so I scouted him real quick....85 speed.
Supposedly the best return guy in the nation, and a guy that Skip says is one of the fastest he has ever seen...has 85 speed...

We may have a problem
Old 09-02-2013, 03:05 PM   #13
MVP

mmorg's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
The speed thing may be an issue but I can't say for certain until I complete season 1.

But so far in my scouting (week 12) I have yet to find anyone with speed over 90.

KINDA SORTA SPOILER: There is a storyline WR whose angle is that he is destined to be nothing more than a return guy cause he can't catch. Well I may need a return guy so I scouted him real quick....85 speed.
Supposedly the best return guy in the nation, and a guy that Skip says is one of the fastest he has ever seen...has 85 speed...

We may have a problem
His speed can change up until the actual draft. The attributes of story line players are dynamic due to possible injuries or performances at the combine.
Old 09-02-2013, 03:43 PM   #14
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmorg
His speed can change up until the actual draft. The attributes of story line players are dynamic due to possible injuries or performances at the combine.
I understand what you're saying but isnt that still a problem? Skip is saying that about the player "right now" not at the point where the storyline branches. There also seems to be an issue with the some "branches" I had a 6'4 265 wide receiver that ran a 4.34 40 and moved to FB luckily you can change positions this year
Old 09-02-2013, 03:48 PM   #15
Pro

Robo COP's Arena

OVR: 3

Yea I would save all your scouting points until the week before the draft. That way the ratings you scout more closely resemble the actual ratings of the players.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2013, 03:49 PM   #16
Pro

BTownSlinger's Arena

OVR: 5

I drafted a late-round depth filler DT who, raw, was a sack master. I dumped points into his pass rushing stats, and now he plays terrible.

I know this isn't really related but I had to share. I was better off leaving him alone.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »