Home

Everything that is wrong with Madden, and how to fix it.

This is a discussion on Everything that is wrong with Madden, and how to fix it. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-02-2013, 09:37 PM   #9
Just started!

OVR: 0
Re: Everything that is wrong with Madden, and how to fix it.

A couple things that bothered me...

1. In my CFM mode, I had a mobile QB who was good (90 OVR). I got bored and curious so I decided to see what his rating would be as a HB. the only way to do so is to change his position, so I did. I found out his HB rating and went back to change him to a QB only to find it would not let me. The only options were FB or WR and being an online league, I just couldn't quit without saving. So instead of a good duel threat QB, I was stuck with a HB who couldn't catch and had mediocre physical traits. Basically, let us change players positions w/o restriction except maybe QB to P/K.

2. Too many ankle tackles. A huge portion of the time a was able to round the edge with my HB or QB I would get tripped up and tackled. The frustrating part is that often these tacklers would be much much slower than my runners (who were already nearing full speed), but still would be able to Break off their blocks accelerate and make a ridiculously long and unrealistic dive to get them. I realize that frequently player are tackled like this but apparently in madden shoestring and ankle tackles have a 100% success rate

3. Way too many drops. I am not a great madden player and my team did not have the most reliable receivers but they were dropping it at a ridiculous rate. Even when untouched, the receivers would frequently drop it, and if touched they almost certainly will. At least this can be changed by sliders in CFM

I have others but those are ones that have gone unmentioned
Old 09-02-2013, 10:28 PM   #10
Pro

OVR: 9

RB auto subs are completely broken.
Solution: Bring in a RB1:RB2 (ala ps2) slider for all modes and teams that will allow the user to set how often the second running back comes into the game. It's simple. Say I'm the Steelers and have the slider set to 70; Leveon Bell, or whoever the starter is, will get about seventy percent of the snaps. Also, I think there should be a short yardage back or goalline back section in the depth charts.

Great thread!
Old 09-02-2013, 10:33 PM   #11
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by roll2tide
  • Coaches should have styles and philosophies.
I also like this idea. Much like 2k does, I think there should be a "Coaches Philosophy" slider section for run/pass ratios, RB1/RB2 ratios, etc.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2013, 11:21 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwabalicious
I also like this idea. Much like 2k does, I think there should be a "Coaches Philosophy" slider section for run/pass ratios, RB1/RB2 ratios, etc.
When this was in the game before, it turned out to be a hidden variable in game play. There were hundreds of posts written by people experimenting with how the coaching philosophy sliders influenced the game. I feel like we have too many sliders and ratings that we don't really understand as it is.

EA did make a great effort this year to release some blogs that explained how different technique ratings for blockers, receivers, etc. work. I'm honestly grateful that we have this transparency that lets people give better feedback and figure out the game. We need EA to keep telling us how the different sliders, ratings, and settings change the game, or else we will continue to be frustrated by the mysterious outcomes on the field.

To come back around to the point, different styles and philosophies would be great, as long as they work as advertised. I've been patient (sort of) with Madden in the past, but I'm a father now and my time just became scarcer. I'm not going to fight with the game and experiment for dozens of hours to get it right. If I buy Madden this year, it will be because EA does a good job with patches and the community is able to figure out sliders, rosters, etc. that keep me from throwing controllers.
Old 09-02-2013, 11:27 PM   #13
MVP

OVR: 29

All I had to do was lower game speed, but I do agree with Robcards about future schedules though that is bush league it's not like the NFL's scheduling is any kind of secret

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »