Home

Wow! Zoomed Camera

This is a discussion on Wow! Zoomed Camera within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-05-2013, 05:20 PM   #49
MVP

CT Pitbull's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Wow! Zoomed Camera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skopin
I'm mixed when it comes to the zoom cam. I love it offense, but I like to switch who I'm controlling on defense based on the situation. When I am covering outside receivers, the zoom cam doesn't work since you can't see that far out.

If they do add custom camera angles on next gen, I hope they take The Show's approach and give one of offense and one for defense.

Definitely need a defense camera as well for those who want to play D at that angle.The more options to play the game, the better. People will never complain about having too many choices to pick from. EA needs to let us "have it our way" like BK. Again its not to say that the M25 angle is a bad camera. Its just not a true zoom camera at all.
Old 10-06-2013, 02:37 PM   #50
MVP

CT Pitbull's Arena

so I guess shopmaster said he believes there will be no user camera option in M25 next gen which to me is a huge disappointment
Old 10-07-2013, 10:43 AM   #51
MVP

OVR: 12

I'm loving the zoom can. Hope they dont change it at all. What they should do is make it customizable. We should be able to change the hieght and angle a few clicks. And some panning options would be nice. But they are just getting gameplay to a good point so I guess it'll be awhile for camera options

Last edited by TeeDogg; 10-07-2013 at 12:36 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2013, 04:18 AM   #52
MVP

CT Pitbull's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeDogg
I'm loving the zoom can. Hope they dont change it at all. What they should do is make it customizable. We should be able to change the hieght and angle a few clicks. And some panning options would be nice. But they are just getting gameplay to a good point so I guess it'll be awhile for camera options

yup they need to give us the option to zoom it in for those of us who want to play closer to the action. I rather be lower to the ground as well so that when im passing the ball I have to utilize the natural passing lanes created by the offensive line and the pass rush. Its a better challenge when dropping back to NOT be able to see the entire field and have to move in the pocket to go through a QB's progressions. Also being lower cuts off some depth perception in the passing game which makes it much harder to see open windows to throw the ball into. Passing is way to easy the more this game is "zoomed out".
Old 10-10-2013, 11:43 AM   #53
Pro

mrsaito's Arena

OVR: 1

So after reading this thread I thought I'd give zoomed cam a try. However I could not find a way to do it during a franchise game (same for slider adjustments). I skipped M13 but is this the case in M25 or am I just missing something?
Old 10-10-2013, 06:24 PM   #54
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ
Agreed! The zoom camera in M25 should've been the default camera. As the reasons you stated, it is not a true zoom camera. NCAA 14's zoom camera is more in line with what a zoom camera should be; love using it in that game as it adds a nice layer of difficulty to passing (without being cheap) and is great for the run game.
Agreed. I started with the Zoom Cam angle day one of 25's release. This angle is a bit more zoomed in than Madden 13's standard/default angle. This year the zoom angle zooms back enough to see the entire field on passing plays. Which is what was needed in previous years zoom angles.

I am not sure why EA doesn't promote this angle or make it default. The resolution/clarity is great and as previously stated the game is more detailed via this angle than the way-to-far zoomed out current angle. The players look like ants with the current angle.

Looking at the next gen vids, EA is pretty smart to show everything zoomed in because of the resolution and clarity. I noticed when the game is zoomed out per the next gen vids it pretty much looks the same as the current madden. More the reason to create a zoomed in next gen experience.

The question for the next gen will be if the zoom cam will be available and if it will zoom out enough to see the entire field passing wise.
Old 10-10-2013, 06:31 PM   #55
Rookie

OVR: 0

Zoomed Cam Angle should be a sticky!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-10-2013, 08:17 PM   #56
MVP

CT Pitbull's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Figures
Agreed. I started with the Zoom Cam angle day one of 25's release. This angle is a bit more zoomed in than Madden 13's standard/default angle. This year the zoom angle zooms back enough to see the entire field on passing plays. Which is what was needed in previous years zoom angles.

I am not sure why EA doesn't promote this angle or make it default. The resolution/clarity is great and as previously stated the game is more detailed via this angle than the way-to-far zoomed out current angle. The players look like ants with the current angle.

Looking at the next gen vids, EA is pretty smart to show everything zoomed in because of the resolution and clarity. I noticed when the game is zoomed out per the next gen vids it pretty much looks the same as the current madden. More the reason to create a zoomed in next gen experience.

The question for the next gen will be if the zoom cam will be available and if it will zoom out enough to see the entire field passing wise.

I agree with you that It is a great angle but the guys at Madden GOTTA move past this theory of giving us only 2-3 angles(which aren't customizable) to pick from. Either make them ALL adjustable angles or just give us the option to create our own playable angle from scratch. So many other sports titles are and have done this now and in the past. It's just another area that the Madden series is behind on. WAY BEHIND.

They are clearly boasting on all the graphical improvements on next gen so why not give us all the ability to enjoy those visuals how we want to enjoy them.

Last edited by CT Pitbull; 10-10-2013 at 08:21 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »