Home

Offseason Disappointment

This is a discussion on Offseason Disappointment within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-04-2013, 02:51 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Offseason Disappointment

OP why are blaming the hardware for software coding issues? It's certainly EAs fault, and you finna be disappointed with lofty expectations for next gen.
Old 09-04-2013, 03:56 PM   #10
Pro

ajk49er's Arena

OVR: 2

Im happy with a lot of trades that happen, they actually make sense

I just blame the ratings honestly. Donny doesn't work with the people who are putting schemes in, so how does that even make sense?

Demarco Murray gets dealt from dallas in my CFM to the bengals who needed a HB. great. the compensation was TOTALLY fair. so I thought, OK, lets go look to see why 82 overall in their scheme(or mine really since the cpu seems to go off the overall I see, and not what they should be seeing) and who is their starting HB? an 82 overall...OK....but that 82 is Justin forsett.

is Justin forsett=to Demarco Murray? no. heck no. and this is the problem with the ratings and the schemes. IMO, they are the real issue in a lot of our problems.
Old 09-04-2013, 04:00 PM   #11
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD
I don't see a problem here. Cutlet is the QB of now and their draft pick is the QB of the future. By the time Cutlers contract is up their rookie QB will be developed and probably their franchise QB. The Packers had Brett Favre and they drafted Rodgers as their future QB once Favre retires.
Ask anyone, the 1st round of the draft is NOT for projects. It is for instantly upgrading a position in need. The Green Bay situation was an exception NOT the rule.
And to mute your point even further, Cutler's contract was for 3 years, a rookie contract is for 4 years. Giving them 1 year (three years down the road)to decide if they now want to resign their pick to a top dollar deal, or (usually the case in Oakland) watch him leave as a free agent.
Mean while they could have picked that awesome Left Tackle having a fabulous career, in Arizona, but instead chose to use the second overall pick on a backup QB.

What I don't understand is how you Don't have a problem with it.

And just one more thing, you are right, back up QB's Do progress SO WELL in Madden, or the real NFL for that matter.... oh wait, no they don't.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2013, 04:11 PM   #12
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplerat
A team signing a QB for 3 years and $40 million then drafting a QB in the same offseason isn't that far from the realm of possibilities. Last year the Seahawks signed Matt Flynn to a 3 year/$20 million dollar deal then drafted Russel Wilson in the 3rd round. In that same draft the Redskins took Kirk Cousins in the 4th round after using the 2nd overall pick on RG3, a pick that they gave up a lot to get plus meant a lot of guaranteed money.

Not perfect analogies because in those cases teams were taking a chance on 2 unproven guys and paying at least one of them significant money. But I'm sure if you look back over recent years you'll find examples of teams signing a proven guy for now then drafting a guy to take over in a couple of years.

I honestly have no clue if the game actually uses such logic or it just randomly happened that way, but if that's the most disappointing this about the offseason then I would be quite satisfied.
I agree with what you are saying except for one thing. I was the 2nd OVERALL PICK! Not the 3rd round. Sure especially when you have no depth what so ever in a position, you will see teams take more that one person in the same position in the draft, happens every year.
But as far as I know, I've never seen a team land a BIG free agent, then turn around and use a TOP FIVE pick on the same position. 3rd round? Sure! 2nd overall pick? I've never seen it happen.
Because it SHOULDN'T HAPPEN!
Old 09-04-2013, 04:59 PM   #13
All Star

JayD's Arena

OVR: 16

I believe I misread the first post saying that they drafted him in the second round. Regardless it still doesn't upset me.
Old 09-04-2013, 05:20 PM   #14
LSX
Rookie

LSX's Arena

OVR: 3

If the Raiders (or any bad team) signs Cutler next offseason, they will not draft a QB 2nd overall unless they are stacked across the board with no holes to fill. Try to justify it all you want; you're in denial if you think this is even halfway logical. This is just another case of poor roster management by the terrible CPU AI.

As far as next gen systems "allowing" them to improve on stuff like this, well I'm sorry to burst your bubble, but the current gen hardware limitations have absolutely nothing to do with it. Gameplay and graphics might be limited, but that has nothing to do with the coding for AI logic.
Old 09-04-2013, 05:20 PM   #15
MVP

MattUM's Arena

OVR: 2

It's the Raiders...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2013, 05:21 PM   #16
LSX
Rookie

LSX's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD
I believe I misread the first post saying that they drafted him in the second round. Regardless it still doesn't upset me.
Then you obviously misread all the other posts as well, because it clearly states multiple times he was the 2nd overall pick in the 1st round.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »