Home

Does the CPU team have horrible offenses for you in a single player career mode?

This is a discussion on Does the CPU team have horrible offenses for you in a single player career mode? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-04-2013, 08:23 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Does the CPU team have horrible offenses for you in a single player career mode?

I created a QB who plays for the browns, my offensive stats are very realistic, my issue is the CPU team never hardly scores, the browns have the #1 defense in every category by a wide margin. Is this a bug, ive tried turning the sliders for the human team defense to zero but that does nothing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2013, 09:06 PM   #2
Banned

Nukleopatra's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Does the CPU team have horrible offenses for you in a single player career mode?

I'm the Bills.... and Tom Brady threw the ball 66 times for 53%, and they scored a whopping 13 pts on 14 minute quarters against my defense..

True story.
Old 09-04-2013, 09:15 PM   #3
Rookie

ohmyJEBUS's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Does the CPU team have horrible offenses for you in a single player career mode?

do you sim until player turn?
Old 09-04-2013, 09:40 PM   #4
Just started!

RGIII once threw for 2 yards in a half while in another game Ray rice had 200+ yards rushing in a half. I quit both games lol. Cpu offense seems to be very inconsistant this year
Old 09-04-2013, 10:36 PM   #5
Rookie

Super sim in player mode is stuffed. I play owner mode but with the same philosophy as player mode only controlling the qb. The super sim works fine in owner or coach mode but accel clock is still broken. Also the game has to be on all madden and CPU defence sliders have to be on at least 75 I do leave int on 50 thou. Also if the CPU go 3 and out but are within 5 yards I do jump offsides to give them a first down. If the CPU has lets say 3 overall better than my team I do this at least 3 times if required. I do allow 2 more times if playing in there stadium. Also I only play with game flow and I use the other teams play book to mix it up, I do use my teams play book when playing a divisional game at home.

Full games only take about 30 mins and results have been very good for me good close games with both teams with similar stats except time of possession lol
I use 10 mins with 15 seconds left on the clock
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2013, 09:02 AM   #6
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

My problem is with the AI's running game. It starts off very well but then falls to poop in the second half.
Against the Texans it was like this:
Foster 8 carries 88 yards in the first quarter.
Finished with 27 carries for 126 yards.

I don't know what it is, I specifically do not make adjustments. It is as if they run their RB too hard early on and by the second half he is out of gas. That or most RBs suffer a concussion because they start to run like they have no sense
Old 09-05-2013, 01:06 PM   #7
Rookie

Slayer525's Arena

I find that choosing "Next Play" option instead of the "skip until your on the field" actually helps out the ridiculous lack of stats for the CPU team....Mostly

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »