Home

Size Attribute BROKEN!

This is a discussion on Size Attribute BROKEN! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-05-2013, 01:14 PM   #9
Observer

guaps's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Size Attribute BROKEN!

Relax.

The size attribute is not broken, owner mode is. Well, sort of at least. In owner mode your scheme is determined 100 % by the coach you hire. So if you hire a coach that prefers a Speed Back and you have, say, Peyton Hillis at HB, expect to take a big hit on the overall, size, physical ratings etc.

That's why I currently steer away from Owner mode and play Coach mode instead.
Old 09-05-2013, 01:43 PM   #10
Just started!

OVR: 0

you have to go to strategy, then go to schemes, then change what type of players the coach likes in each position.
Old 09-05-2013, 01:43 PM   #11
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjcgod
yea... this entire game is broken and was a complete waste of 60 bucks, it's probably fine for h2h online play, but for those who enjoy the cfm there are entirely way to many bugs. Can't wait for the nfl to yank the exclusive rights from EA so 2k can come in and destroy madden.
Yeah, too bad that will never happen. The NFL is very cozy with it's EA deal, and 2K doesn't have the resources to just up and make an NFL game one day to "destroy" Madden, even if the license did all of a sudden become available..

You bought the game this year, and you'll buy it again next year; And just like this year, you'll be on these boards complaining about how you bought a broken game that no one forced you to buy.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2013, 01:57 PM   #12
Pro

ajk49er's Arena

OVR: 2

yeah. its just....its frustrating. that our complaints can't even be about gameplay anymore, we can't even get into presentation, because there are so many things absolutely broken elsewhere.

yes, I will buy it again next year, but I will say that my interest level in the game and how long I play it dwindles every year, and at some point in the next couple years I just won't buy the game anymore.

its one thing to be a beta tester, which is what we used to be, but now? the game will fix about 1/3 the issues, and next year, there will be new issues with their new features, to go with the SAME issues from this year, even the one's they patched!

I just don't get how you can put this game out and be remotely proud of it. Why not fix the million things wrong with it?

it just makes me depressed because this is the only option.
Old 09-05-2013, 02:08 PM   #13
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajk49er
yeah. its just....its frustrating. that our complaints can't even be about gameplay anymore, we can't even get into presentation, because there are so many things absolutely broken elsewhere.

yes, I will buy it again next year, but I will say that my interest level in the game and how long I play it dwindles every year, and at some point in the next couple years I just won't buy the game anymore.

its one thing to be a beta tester, which is what we used to be, but now? the game will fix about 1/3 the issues, and next year, there will be new issues with their new features, to go with the SAME issues from this year, even the one's they patched!

I just don't get how you can put this game out and be remotely proud of it. Why not fix the million things wrong with it?

it just makes me depressed because this is the only option.
I get that, trust me I do. It's the same way i'm starting to feel about the NBA 2K series, which is why i'm skipping it this year unless next gen blows me away.

But guys know what they're getting with Madden pretty much every single year. Why put yourself and your wallets through that? If you're just going to end up frustrated and angry at yourself and EA for buying a broken game, why? I understand the love of football, and maybe that love is justification enough to buy a game that you hate, from a company that you hate, but it's something i'll never understand.

I'm having a blast playing this game, mostly because I can take the time to realize it's a video game. It's not "Broken" by any means, people around here love to throw that word around like it's nothing. It's not broken, yeah, they're are some bugs, some glitches, but 98% of them aren't game breaking like people are claiming.

One CFM glitch that does need to be fixed, and I can agree with everyone who has this problem, is the repeating draft class bug. That's inexcusable and should have never made it past testing. I mean, owner mode is a blast, progression finally works like it's supposed to, i'm not sure what else people could be upset with? I'll never get why people don't understand it's just a video game, nothing more, nothing less.
Old 09-05-2013, 02:10 PM   #14
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by guaps
Relax.

The size attribute is not broken, owner mode is. Well, sort of at least. In owner mode your scheme is determined 100 % by the coach you hire. So if you hire a coach that prefers a Speed Back and you have, say, Peyton Hillis at HB, expect to take a big hit on the overall, size, physical ratings etc.

That's why I currently steer away from Owner mode and play Coach mode instead.
Thanks. if what you say is true, then i guess setting up your position schemes is totally pointless. I didnt even look at what type of schemes the coach runs b/c i figured i made a scheme for a reason.
Old 09-05-2013, 10:49 PM   #15
Banned

OVR: 25

Size means nothing to gameplay. That like most of the attributes listed for players are fluff. Most font even matter.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2013, 12:02 AM   #16
Rookie

I get what your saying, buy my point is that as soon as I got Kubiak,

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »