Home

Running game broken or overpowered?

This is a discussion on Running game broken or overpowered? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Is the run game...
Broken 22 23.66%
Overpowered 44 47.31%
Okay with some slider magic 20 21.51%
Just right 7 7.53%
Voters: 93. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-18-2014, 02:37 PM   #25
Pro

OVR: 5
Re: Running game broken or overpowered?

Next Gen is even more overpowered, the guy claiming he hold opponents to under 75 is full of crap.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-19-2014, 05:27 PM   #26
MVP

OVR: 29

seems right to me. Some games I get big yards other games no, but then again I play a lot with low rated players so that may have an impact
Old 04-21-2014, 11:45 PM   #27
Rookie

beastmode2013's Arena

OVR: 0

I think it's a bit OP, but only when lead blockers actually hit their blocks lol. in my experience they sometimes run right past the d and up field or double team a ghost..
Old 04-25-2014, 08:36 AM   #28
Forever A Legend

24's Arena

OVR: 22

Broken is the best word to describe it. Case and point the other night I put Terrell Pryor on the Seahawks and played a game against the Jaguars. All Pro Difficulty, 8 Minute Quarters, 10 second acceleration for the play clock. I ran for nearly 400 yards and 8 touchdowns. That should not be possible. The Jaguars are bad but not that awful.

Old 04-27-2014, 01:53 AM   #29
Pro

Trick13's Arena

I really believe that the question is wrong. The running game is not broken or overpowered as much as defense is completely broken. The DL, no matter how high the PRC/AWR/ACC never "explode" off the snap. The LBs don't "read" anything. LBs tend to take false steps and stare down plays for too long before they react. There is no "adaptive AI" so the same plays run over and over lead to consistent results which makes no sense. There is no way to have the "read defender" go "hit the QB" while having the other 10 guys focus on the RB - which is how the Ravens dealt with SF's option game in that particular SB matchup.

Differentials in player ratings don't seem to impact the game play enough - P/Ks at OL tests reveal this in drastic fashion - and, to be clear, I have conducted testing myself on slider settings that make this all the more frustrating - 0 PBK, 0 RBK and 200lbs players with 40 something STR still get push in the run game, and somehow manage to not be physically destroyed in pass protection. Think about that for a second. If I work at EA, I am embarrassed about this, deeply embarrassed. But they respond with excuses about "how animations play out and the nature of calculations being used". Well, that means that the way animations play out (and the programming for which ones occur) is drastically flawed and the calculations are not working properly and are in dire need of fixing, duh...
Old 04-27-2014, 01:26 PM   #30
Pro

I agree that the defense is partially to blame as well. While I feel that outside blocks by WRs are way too effective, I also think that the defensive line gets no real push or explosion into the backfield. This applies to both running plays and passing plays. It may seem that the offensive line is blocking too well, but I think the real problem is lack of push for the defensive front. While I agree that sliders or using Defensive Keys can tone it down, there running game right out of the box is way too effective. I've been playing an offline franchise for four seasons and have consistently put up well over 5 YPC every season with a variety of running backs. I know the WR blocking on the outside is way too powerful as my WRs will often have 6-10 pancakes per game. That's overpowered. That combined with the lack of push from the defensive front, means big gains on every play.
Old 05-02-2014, 08:43 AM   #31
Rookie

It helps to use the spotlight feature to stop it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-02-2014, 08:54 AM   #32
Rookie

It helps to use the spotlight feature to stop it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »