Home

In game presentation

This is a discussion on In game presentation within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-08-2013, 10:23 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: In game presentation

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
Both games are very underwhelming when it comes to presentation imo. So many missed opportunities.

I concur. But at least the EA NCAA 14 team made an effort to give us some semblance of a TV presentation. Madden didn't make the same effort and the presentation is bland and boring.

Anyway, I'm hoping that the new next gen Madden doesn't disapoint in the presentation side because I like the gameplay even though there are still issues for the hardcore sim fans. However, I'm having some fun with the game for what it is.

peace
Old 09-08-2013, 11:06 PM   #10
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formula1Racing
I concur. But at least the EA NCAA 14 team made an effort to give us some semblance of a TV presentation. Madden didn't make the same effort and the presentation is bland and boring.
Idk man, besides the ESPN overlays and the little bit of halftime stuff they added, I think it's just as bad as it's always been. Both games are just lazy when it comes to presentation imo. Lazy and uninspired with terrible direction.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 09-09-2013, 04:54 AM   #11
Pro

sabres32's Arena

OVR: 2

I want to know other scores around the league, that's super important in the NFL. I also want to know how key players are doing during those games. I also want key injuries to be talked about, or if a big time free agent is signed then come the first game TALK ABOUT THAT PLAYER!!! There are a million things I can think of and I think one of the coolest would things they could create is a "fan meter". This would connect to your fan happiness in the owner mode menus. If your winning and your team is happy then your stadium should be louder and at the top of the screen there would be a fan momentum meter, the higher it is the more energy and adrenaline your players have to play with. And if your a bad team, well you get it...even for smaller markets such as my Bills, Cleveland or Jacksonville if they're team is doing bad then have it show in the stands. LESS PEOPLE. Teams such as the Eagles, they might be bad but a lot more people will show up until the end of the season based on their fans but the stadium could be quieter and a weak atmosphere to play in thus the players would get less momentum off noise and excitement. And if they wanted to take this to the extreme because I don't know about anyone else but once I start drafting players and I have position battles I like to play the preseason. With that being said preseason games need to feel more dull and not like Monday night football games, have less fans show up and as the starters get taken out have people start to leave the stadium. That's something small but id love it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2013, 05:07 AM   #12
Pro

sabres32's Arena

OVR: 2

Not to brag or anything BUT I have another sweet idea lol...it be soooooo sick if Nantz and Simms talked about the tweets that the analysts posted on the CC main menu. Maybe they could add some predictions in their tweets and Nantz and Simms could be like "Adam Schefter predicts a blow out for the Browns in this one" or so on and so forth. That be awesome.
Old 09-09-2013, 01:19 PM   #13
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

It's easy to see guys Like Chase B, Christian Mcleod, even Mike Young have a passion for presentation but somehow things get muddled in the execution for the games. As much as I want the exclusive to end, I would gladly take EA just allowing another studio other than Tiburon to make Madden or at least another EA labeled NFL football game.

I have no way of knowing this but the FUBAR way Madden has been developed this gen at Tiburon has possibly made it necessary to remain at Tiburon because no other studio could make heads or tails of the mess at this point, which results in the game remaining in the same state it's in and the same place, rinse, repeat. Then otherwise talented people have to go to Tiburon to work on the game and find out, much like Madden gamers, you have to approach Madden differently than any other sports game.

Having said all that, even if true, it doesn't explain things like the presentation foundations laid in M10, the Extra Point and CBS inspired network broadcast, M12, seemingly disappearing. Madden has more mysteries than the Sphinx, lol.
Old 09-09-2013, 02:24 PM   #14
Banned

OVR: 5

When I play this game I just feel so bored. Theres no immersion. Theres no soul. Its just stale beyond belief and I cant play it anymore. I dont expect a change on next gen. this is just the way EA does things and its not going to change.

Back in the 90s i thought the game would be so advanced by now. Its SO disappointing that in some ways it has gone backwards since the 90s.
Old 09-09-2013, 02:52 PM   #15
Banned

OVR: 24

One thing I've always hated is the fade in, fade out of the crowd. Listen to a real game: the noise stays constant with swells at appropriate times.

For starters, EA needs to reflect this on next gen.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2013, 03:34 PM   #16
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

The reason the topic of presentation is such an intriguing one for me in relation to Madden is that, considering all the other issues, I would think presentation would be a focus to distract the gamer. That's what games like NBA2k and The Show do well, as a casual viewer when it comes to The Show and currently a casual gamer when it comes to NBA2k, it's the way those games are presented that grabs my attention and holds it. I'm sure those games have issues that frustrate their hardcore fan bases but then they get distracted by the well done window dressing again. The majority of sports gamers are males and those other companies realize how easy it is for us to overlook lacking "brains" for the right amount of "booty"...I mean beauty, lol.

Why Tiburon chooses to only embrace one aspect of that, namely graphical detail that's photo realistic, while skimming over presentation, animation movement, time passage and ultimately immersion, is beyond me. It's funny but sad that Madden is a NFL football game that's made to get the actual football games played/over with as quickly as possible, LOL. EA Tiburon is making the football video game equivalent of fast food, while other studios offer gourmet restaurant takeout with their top sports games.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »