Home

In game presentation

This is a discussion on In game presentation within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-07-2013, 06:11 PM   #1
Pro

sabres32's Arena

OVR: 2
In game presentation

I absolutely love playing this game but I'm at loss for words when it comes to in game presentation. NCAA 14 is amazing from an in game presentation point of view because at the bottom of the screen it shows scores from other games and in between plays they do a studio update on one big game that's happening or has happened. Right now i'm 6-6 in my franchise which is a 3 way tie for first place in my division and I have NO clue whats happening in other games. Also I thought Nantz and Simms would talk more about storylines from week to week. This really takes a lot out of the game for a hardcore franchise player such as myself.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2013, 12:27 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: In game presentation

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabres32
I absolutely love playing this game but I'm at loss for words when it comes to in game presentation. NCAA 14 is amazing from an in game presentation point of view because at the bottom of the screen it shows scores from other games and in between plays they do a studio update on one big game that's happening or has happened. Right now i'm 6-6 in my franchise which is a 3 way tie for first place in my division and I have NO clue whats happening in other games. Also I thought Nantz and Simms would talk more about storylines from week to week. This really takes a lot out of the game for a hardcore franchise player such as myself.

I agree, I don't get it. NCAA14's presentation is so much more like watching a TV broadcast then Madden25. People have been asking for this for years! and they just ignore the Madden fans. All they really needed to do is copy what NCAA13/14 did to madden.

Has anyone asked the Madden team what was the excuse this time around? I hope I'm wrong but I think the next gen will be the same as far as presentation goes. I'm waiting to see any info on presentation for the next gen console if it will be improved...We'll see!
Old 09-08-2013, 12:33 PM   #3
---

TexasFan2005's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formula1Racing
I agree, I don't get it. NCAA14's presentation is so much more like watching a TV broadcast then Madden25. People have been asking for this for years! and they just ignore the Madden fans. All they really needed to do is copy what NCAA13/14 did to madden.

Has anyone asked the Madden team what was the excuse this time around? I hope I'm wrong but I think the next gen will be the same as far as presentation goes. I'm waiting to see any info on presentation for the next gen console if it will be improved...We'll see!
All we've heard so far regarding the ridiculous camera angles, panning of stadiums, and weird replay angles is something along the lines of "all-new handheld camera angles, so that you can feel the NFL from angles not possible with regular NFL cameras."
Old 09-08-2013, 01:22 PM   #4
MVP

tnixen's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formula1Racing

If Madden 25 on PS4/X Box One has the same exact TV Style presentation as PS3/X Box 360 then EA Sports should be ashamed of themselves. When I play Madden I want it to look and sound as if I have on a real life TV presentation like Fox,CBS and ESPN style! These next gen consoles are more then powerful enough to accomplish this. Below par presentations will just not cut it any longer!

Last edited by tnixen; 09-08-2013 at 01:26 PM.
Old 09-08-2013, 01:26 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 24

This gen presentation has been weak, starting with radio guy.

Although they're improving, it's not by much. As Tnixen said, if its no better on next gen, then EA should be ashamed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2013, 01:29 PM   #6
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Both games are very underwhelming when it comes to presentation imo. So many missed opportunities.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 09-08-2013, 02:00 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 19

as far as commentary its very hit or miss. some games I play the commentary is great, others its underwhelming.
Its as if they only did commentary for certain teams and certain games.

I thought the commentary would be more dynamic for every team. NOPE!!!!

what's funny is the NFL crowd atmosphere is solid, while the NCAA atmosphere is lacking. I figured the NCAA atmosphere would be more rambunctious and lively. but nope
Old 09-08-2013, 09:14 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 3

By the number of replies on this thread, I would have thought this thread would have been a lengthy one. It could be that players are just tired of saying the same thing over and over again.
I thought I would pipe in as I have been playing madden going back to John Madden and First Gen consoles.
Once upon a time Madden had all the trimmings, Owner mode, create fans, half time shows, Post game show, Weekly recap shows, Up to date stats, players names, created or not! Game edits of players stats, looks etc...was possible.
I promise my self that I would not buy into the hype on first day release this year, and once again I fell for the hype.
Madden 25 game play is the best of this generation consoles, however the presentation is weak at best!
If you could have half time shows, post game shows, Weekly recap shows in an older build why can't we get this in the current build?
I personally get a kick out of creating my own players and fighting to be inducted in the hall of fame. Once upon a time my created players would have first and last name recognition by the broad cast announcers, they would know the players current stats, pervious game stats, seasonal stats, if this was possible in first generation consoles why not now?

Commentary:
I am so sick and tired of hearing the same commentary over and again, I would prefer to hear: Player X is leading the league in... Tell me there current stat, how many catches, drops if they are on a cold spell, Yards rushed, sacks, and sacks taken, catches per game or for the season, interceptions, etc... while the commentators are giving updates if something awesome happens on the field they should break what they are saying and get excited about the current play! Include who was involved in making the play happen during replay. Not for all replays just the ones that make sense, like a return touch down, or player breaks 10 yards, rush or pass, interceptions, sacks! You know the things that we love to watch during a real game! Talk about current events like trade news.

Camera reply:
Why does NCAA have a better reply system? Why is there not an action reply camera in the recap mode? Same angles no close ups boring!
I want an action camera that captures the play from the snap to the catch and player reaction! or from the snap to the interception, or from the snap to the sack! Etc... The camera should focus on the player in a defensive play, what were they doing prior to the play. Then zoom to the side line coach and players reactions, would be amazing to see the fans reaction to a play or two!

This was done before! and Some current Gen games do it! Not to mention any names NBA2K! MLB the show!

Madden Developer Team! Please please please do not release a next generation game that is weak in presentation! I will not buy your product again! Enough is enough! We have been waiting for far to long to be disappointed with the release of a new Generation console! This was done on systems with less ability to store data and information! There is absolutely no excuses! I purchased Madden 25 with the intent to trade it in for the new console version. I promise this will be the last time you get my dollars if you product is weak! Other sports developers can do it, you have the capital and the talent pool to get it done! I would prefer you delaying the release of Madden 25 on next Generation console if it means a game that has all the trimmings. We have waited a long time for this and we the consumers deserve your best!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »